IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 3 Tuesday

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is playoff baseball, not little league. There is supposed to be pressure. If they can't handle, they need to seek employment elsewhere.

They aren't doing their jobs, so it's self inflicted anyways.

The irony of this post is way to funny wheels.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see the football fans have come to the Cubs board.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Teams blow series leads in hockey way more than baseball. Hawks are also proven winners and their star players show up when it matters most. Meanwhile, the Cubs "star" players are no where to be found. Might as well put all their faces on milk cartons.

Making sweeping generalizations about small sample sizes is fun!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It should have been apparent to everyone that this team is not ready for prime time when they came back from St. Louis, had a chance to clinch the division in front of the home crowd, against a weak Brewers team, which is what everyone expected to happen, and they could not get it done, they could not hit in that game either.

They ended up winning the division that night thanks to a Cardinal loss to.....?????

Are you still drinking from the grief that brought you????

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Both. Last year was the fastball, this year it's the curve. Different teams.

The reality is that it's plain not hitting no matter the cause du jour.
This team can't hit fastballs either. They keep watching them go by. It's fine to take a ton of pitches and work counts. It can certainly win a lot of games in the regular season. Getting behind in counts against better post season pitching gives you what you have. Rock bottom offense. These guys are taking FB right down main street because it isn't deep enough in the count. And how you attack a CB pitcher like Hill is looking fastball, getting the foot down early and adjusting to the breaking ball. The way the team attacked each AB against Hill, and I use the word "attack" in jest regarding last night, was a disaster. Also, Russell should can his big leg kick right now and Baez should go no-stride every pitch and every AB right now.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

This is the end...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the Cubs had problems all year against strike throwers. That is what happened the past two night. Pitchers who pounded the zone did better against us. The Cubs take a lot of pitches and that is great but when a pitcher is pounding the zone. It gets you in holes. Hill was just pumping easy ones down the middle and getting them behind in the count immediately. Then, when he got two strikes they were guessing curveball on every pitch. Its why the Cubs have a lot of OBP guys and not a lot of high average guys.

Urias is a pitcher they should fare better. He doesnt have his command. The Cubs are going to push some walks out of him. In the end, the doom and gloom is pretty hillarious. The Cubs havent lost three games straight in the second half. This is the first game they face adversity all season. Lets see what they do instead of all being playground hero coaches who think they have the magic touch.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never venture over there. Is that what this is?

In general, its why fans are so emotional. The Bears boards has a ton of meatballs, but it isnt just Bears fans. Its football fans. Football is a sprint and baseball is a marathon. People dont get that so they live or die by every game.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
In general, its why fans are so emotional. The Bears boards has a ton of meatballs, but it isnt just Bears fans. Its football fans. Football is a sprint and baseball is a marathon. People dont get that so they live or die by every game.

Oh I get that, it's part of the reason I gave up on the NFL over a year ago after nearly 50 years of fandom. Even as baseball goes though the contrast between the attitudes of Cubs fans and Blue Jays fans right now is stark.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I get that, it's part of the reason I gave up on the NFL over a year ago after nearly 50 years of fandom. Even as baseball goes though the contrast between the attitudes of Cubs fans and Blue Jays fans right now is stark.

Eh, read the Bears board from time to time. It will make you feel better about this board.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Maybe you should apply as an intern for the Cubs? I'm sure Theo would be fascinated on hearing your unorthodox theories on how to build World Series-winning teams! He could probably learn a thing or two from you.

Maybe you should STFU. You are not knowledgeable enough of a poster to be so condescending. I can literally feel the energy of your bitterness through the internet. I can only imagine how you conduct yourself in real life. People must stay far, far away from you IRL. To type something on a keyboard, post it on the internet, and have people all around the world actually feel the bitterness vibrating through you -- wow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This team can't hit fastballs either. They keep watching them go by. It's fine to take a ton of pitches and work counts. It can certainly win a lot of games in the regular season. Getting behind in counts against better post season pitching gives you what you have. Rock bottom offense. These guys are taking FB right down main street because it isn't deep enough in the count. And how you attack a CB pitcher like Hill is looking fastball, getting the foot down early and adjusting to the breaking ball. The way the team attacked each AB against Hill, and I use the word "attack" in jest regarding last night, was a disaster. Also, Russell should can his big leg kick right now and Baez should go no-stride every pitch and every AB right now.

They are a mistake hitting team. Like a slider over the middle. They for the most part are good at waiting out for their pitch but of the Ump is giving strikes away then there is not much you can do about it.

The thing with a hammer is it is a big movement pitch. You almost have to tomahawk at it do drive it. Swinging on a plane is hard to get the right launch angle and add to it the pitch is slower so the exit speed will also be lessened. It is a pitch type that you see many pop ups out of because of the downward action going through the zone.

Now I don't know much about Urias's stuff and if he has a hammer or not. The point is the Cubs can't do anything with it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Accually with Bryant's natural upper cut it made sense it got a few hits off of it. His bat is almost polar to the hammer so the contact point lined up better.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Teams blow series leads in hockey way more than baseball. Hawks are also proven winners and their star players show up when it matters most. Meanwhile, the Cubs "star" players are no where to be found. Might as well put all their faces on milk cartons.

What "proven winners" did the Hawks have in 2010 for example that doesn't compare to the Cubs having guys like Lackey, Lester, Zobrist?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Maybe you should STFU. You are not knowledgeable enough of a poster to be so condescending. I can literally feel the energy of your bitterness through the internet. I can only imagine how you conduct yourself in real life. People must stay far, far away from you IRL. To type something on a keyboard, post it on the internet, and have people all around the world actually feel the bitterness vibrating through you -- wow.

I submit that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that trading Anthony Rizzo is one of the most laughably stupid bad baseball thoughts anyone has ever had, and that anyone who agrees with it deserves every bit of mockery, scorn, and ridicule that is rightly heaped upon them. Should we count you in that camp of irredeemables?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I submit that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that trading Anthony Rizzo is one of the most laughably stupid bad baseball thoughts anyone has ever had, and that anyone who agrees with it deserves every bit of mockery, scorn, and ridicule that is rightly heaped upon them. Should we count you in that camp of irredeemables?
So, much for allowing other to have an opinion.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You're the same guy who told me I was wrong and Soler cost us the season out in RF. You're the last person who should be telling anyone, including fat beard, they aren't knowledgeable enough.