IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 3 Tuesday

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I submit that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that trading Anthony Rizzo is one of the most laughably stupid bad baseball thoughts anyone has ever had, and that anyone who agrees with it deserves every bit of mockery, scorn, and ridicule that is rightly heaped upon them. Should we count you in that camp of irredeemables?

Trading Rizzo would be insane. He's an MVP candidate on a great contract. Still doesn't take away the fact that you are bitter.

AmazingGrace17

Liked Posts:
Teams blow series leads in hockey way more than baseball. Hawks are also proven winners and their star players show up when it matters most. Meanwhile, the Cubs "star" players are no where to be found. Might as well put all their faces on milk cartons.

Seems like I saw a stat that said a team that gets shutout twice in the same series has literally never come back to win it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
You're the same guy who told me I was wrong and Soler cost us the season out in RF. You're the last person who should be telling anyone, including fat beard, they aren't knowledgeable enough.

Playing Soler was a terrible decision. He almost injured Fowler and made the awful decision to miss the cut off man on the run-scoring double. But you are too much of a pussy to put your big boy pants on, eat crow and admit you were wrong.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Trading Rizzo would be insane. He's an MVP candidate on a great contract. Still doesn't take away the fact that you are bitter.

Clearly I'm the bitter one here:

"It's over. We will lose Game 4 and Game 5 and get back door swept 4-1. And it has nothing to do with our history or being down 1-2. It has every thing to do with HOW we lost Game 3. Losing the game itself would make little impact on the series -- but losing the way we did was every thing. You can tell by the post game comments and the way the team is conducting themselves -- they know it's over.

This feels just like it did against New York in last year's NLCS and the weeks leading up the All-Star game this season -- when every game you just knew we'd lose. Collectively our offense failed and there are no answers on the team.

Game 3 was the worst Cubs loss since Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Worse than any loss in the 2015 NLCS or 2007-2008 NLDS.

And tonight Urias will pitch 7 shut out innings before bridging to the Executioner -- Kenley Jansen. Tonight Jansen will choke out the the 2016 Chicago Cubs in spectacular fashion -- adding another footnote to the profound and historic failure of an organization."

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I submit that I'm knowledgeable enough to know that trading Anthony Rizzo is one of the most laughably stupid bad baseball thoughts anyone has ever had, and that anyone who agrees with it deserves every bit of mockery, scorn, and ridicule that is rightly heaped upon them. Should we count you in that camp of irredeemables?

Last year he did better vs lefties. Seeing a string of lefties is not helping him.

That said, he is not a contact hitter. So he is the type that gets hot and cold. He is not on right now. But most of the team is not on either.

Baez and Bryant have done their part. We have seen some heroics from the plug and play guys. But for the most part the O is lacking.

My instincts tell me they need to move Zo to RF tonight and start Contreras in left with Ross catching. I don't trust Soler.

Edit: or move Baez to SS to counter Russell vs lefties and put Contreras in left and Soler in right and stack the line up.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Playing Soler was a terrible decision. He almost injured Fowler and made the awful decision to miss the cut off man on the run-scoring double. But you are too much of a pussy to put your big boy pants on, eat crow and admit you were wrong.
LOL. You're such a clown. Soler cost them nothing. He was one of the few who actually had at least one professional at bat last night. Fowler almost injured himself. Soler was practically camped under the ball.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
LOL. You're such a clown. Soler cost them nothing. He was one of the few who actually had at least one professional at bat last night. Fowler almost injured himself. Soler was practically camped under the ball.

Damn, forgot what forum I'm on. I better restrain myself. This is my good forum!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Clearly I'm the bitter one here:

"It's over. We will lose Game 4 and Game 5 and get back door swept 4-1. And it has nothing to do with our history or being down 1-2. It has every thing to do with HOW we lost Game 3. Losing the game itself would make little impact on the series -- but losing the way we did was every thing. You can tell by the post game comments and the way the team is conducting themselves -- they know it's over.

This feels just like it did against New York in last year's NLCS and the weeks leading up the All-Star game this season -- when every game you just knew we'd lose. Collectively our offense failed and there are no answers on the team.

Game 3 was the worst Cubs loss since Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Worse than any loss in the 2015 NLCS or 2007-2008 NLDS.

And tonight Urias will pitch 7 shut out innings before bridging to the Executioner -- Kenley Jansen. Tonight Jansen will choke out the the 2016 Chicago Cubs in spectacular fashion -- adding another footnote to the profound and historic failure of an organization."

Huge difference between being a bitter, condescending poster and a typical sky-is-falling poster. Anyways, as I said - this is my "good" forum so I will clean up my act.

czman

Liked Posts:
All, this talk about not hitting lefty cbs is kind of silly. Good cbs are not hit by anyone regularly. The Cubs missed fastballs hand bad cbs. That is where they failed. In the playoffs it is hard to win when you miss mistake pItches. There were mistake pitches thrown and the Cubs didn't capitalize.

This is not hard to explain. The playoffs are about battling good pitches and crushing mistakes. The team that does that better will win.

The Cubs are not doing it, and they struggled so far this series.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Heyward at bat was pathetic, what the fuck, goes down swinging on the low inside garbage pitch.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Yes. He's more comfortable over there.

Thing is Lackey, like Jake, tends to give up more flyballs to LF than RF. Gonzaez/Seager tend to go to the LF more with their flyballs (they hit more HR to right but hit more playable balls to left).

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thing is Lackey, like Jake, tends to give up more flyballs to LF than RF. Gonzaez/Seager tend to go to the LF more with their flyballs (they hit more HR to right but hit more playable balls to left).
I can only think of one play that Soler may have not made in LF last night that Zobrist did. Soler played LF almost exclusively this year and got better at it. It shouldn't be any surprise he didn't get quick breaks on balls in RF.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
This has been such a good place to discuss Cubs baseball all year but adversity has brought out the worst in a certain segment of fans every time it's reared its head. We're down 2-1 and everyone is acting like we just lost the series. If that's what floats your boat fine, it just seems like pretty bad form from here. It's playoff baseball buck up. Toronto fans are more optimistic and they're down 3-1. Here's a page from a Jays forum (thread title "it's not over yet my friends")

http://www.bluejaysmessageboard.com/threads/6904-It-is-not-over-yet-my-friends/page4

By the way, I think they're right about their team. I also think our series will be tied 2-2 in about 15-16 hours.

Well, they are Canadian. They're supposed to be nice and fluffy.

Their team was down 3-0 and had scored 3 runs in 3 games until yesterday. It's nice to have faith and all that, but the likelihood of coming back from a 3-0 is very low.

But as compared to the Cubs, the Blue Jays are also hitting 50 points higher as a team and are averaging almost 4.5 runs per game.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I'll take my chances with Rizzo on any team including my White Sox.

In the regular season yes. The sample size is growing. This is three straight post season series where his hitting has been abysmal. He's running out of time. If the Cubs lose this series and his lack of performance continues, he'll rightly earn the choker moniker. An #1 or #2 (most likely #2) MVP vote getter with a career playoff BA of .130?

Top players need to step up in the post season. He simply hasn't.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Teams blow series leads in hockey way more than baseball. Hawks are also proven winners and their star players show up when it matters most. Meanwhile, the Cubs "star" players are no where to be found. Might as well put all their faces on milk cartons.

This. As I said earlier, comparing hockey to baseball is apples and oranges.

But yes, the stars stepped up. The Hawks top start - Toews, Kane and Keith - all have Conn Smythes. The trophy for the MVP of the playoffs.

Rizzo, in this instance has a post season batting average of .130.