Votes: 5 41.7%
  • OP is an asshole

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj is one of those guys who if he was on another team, we would collectively crucify for complaining to the referees anytime he commits a foul.

Yeah! Fuckin homers. They suck!!

Hey, let's talk some more about homers because they SUCK!!!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the TNT crew was full of shit tonight and had zero clue what they were talking about....first of all Kenny said we were not as intimidating as years past because yeah John Lucas being our starting point guard scared the hell out of people

second were done with entitlement on this team you got to earn your spot and Noah lost his unfortunately
If anything the TNT crew proved they're Thibodeau homers.. As did the guys who did the broadcast. They spent most of the game talking about Thibs over anyone else. Reggie Miller even said our identity was not a player, but Thibs.

The only thing they're right about right now is that the Bulls don't really have a distinct leader. Noah is not that guy, nor should he be, because frankly he's not that good. I think your leader should be your best player, or close to your best player. Rose lacks the personality for that. Jimmy is a young guy, but he may be ready to take that over, but we'll have to wait and see.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
the TNT crew was full of shit tonight and had zero clue what they were talking about....first of all Kenny said we were not as intimidating as years past because yeah John Lucas being our starting point guard scared the hell out of people

second were done with entitlement on this team you got to earn your spot and Noah lost his unfortunately

This. A lot of gibberish from the TNT crew yesterday. No way is Noah the best defender on the team, that title clearly goes to Jimmy Butler and I find it astonishing that they don't see that after they covered the Eastern Conference Semifinals last season. I love the TNT pregame & postgame show but the crew had me like...

Qi58oVA.png

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
TNT is always annoying with their coverage. I'll actually listen to the analysis when its Stacey and Neil. Very interesting to see the new offense. Very different that just the basic pick and rolls. E'Tuan Moore looked good.

I don't think some of the rotations worked, the bulls still had some small droughts. Obviously this is something that will take some time. Also, who would've thought that Snell would be a starter. I think we all wanted him cut by now.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, who would've thought that Snell would be a starter. I think we all wanted him cut by now.
Really? I was begging for him to get more minutes last postseason. It's nice to see him shooting with confidence. Him and Doug looked way better tonight than they did last year. I'm hoping that it's not just a one game thing.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Really? I was begging for him to get more minutes last postseason. It's nice to see him shooting with confidence. Him and Doug looked way better tonight than they did last year. I'm hoping that it's not just a one game thing.

He looked way better last night than previously. Wonders how much better someone can look when they are not riding the bench. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I don't think I was alone in considering him a bust.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Indeed. The problem for Doug right now is he doesn't fit into the matchup with Cleveland. He's an SF, LeBron always playing there, so you have defensive issues there until you can mix and match and make sure Doug can guard some of the SG's.. Doug probably can stay with JR Smith, but he's certainly dangerous as well late in the game.

I think for many other games this year, Doug won't be such a liability and can get minutes and thus produce. The problem will be what happens when Dunleavy comes back.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pau made some defensive plays down the stretch....but don't get it confused, he got beat plenty on the defensive end tonight too. they attacked him over and over again, some of the time he lost, some of the time he won
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, not saying he was a stud all night. But just nice seeing him make the play when it counted.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He looked way better last night than previously. Wonders how much better someone can look when they are not riding the bench. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I don't think I was alone in considering him a bust.
He definitely looked like a bust going into last season and for the first couple months I think. Then he had that stretch where he started and he looked decent. I think that 20 point game he had while guarding Lebron was during that stretch. Then he kind of went back to his inconsistent ways after that. But I think at that point the bust idea had passed for the most part.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Indeed. The problem for Doug right now is he doesn't fit into the matchup with Cleveland. He's an SF, LeBron always playing there, so you have defensive issues there until you can mix and match and make sure Doug can guard some of the SG's.. Doug probably can stay with JR Smith, but he's certainly dangerous as well late in the game.

I think for many other games this year, Doug won't be such a liability and can get minutes and thus produce. The problem will be what happens when Dunleavy comes back.
Yeah Hoiberg would basically only play Doug when Lebron wasn't in the game. I think there was a couple minutes where he and Lebron were on the court together and of course Cleveland ran a set to get Doug switched onto Lebron. Fortunately, nothing came of that play from what I remember. It's sort of the same issue as when Korver was here in that he's a terrible mismatch defensively unless they can get him to guard James Jones or Shumpert or something. At least with Dunleavy we know he can at least play team defense and maybe take a charge every now and then.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We're talking about Snell right?

I don't consider a 20th overall draft pick a bust unless he literally shoots awful, plays zero defense, and provides no value to the team. Snell is past all of that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
LOL @ you thankbangers. God forbid a Bulls fan actually roots for one of their players and wishes he does well instead of being a spineless jellyfish and criticizing everything he does, and wishing him to fail, just so you can #calledit and thankbang each other on a MB. And you call me a dumbass? :lol:

False. I am a Derrick Rose fan. More than being a Derrick Rose fan, I'm a Bulls fan first. Your posting would lead one to believe you're the opposite.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
We're talking about Snell right?

I don't consider a 20th overall draft pick a bust unless he literally shoots awful, plays zero defense, and provides no value to the team. Snell is past all of that.

I guess so. Maybe I'm stuck on my first impression but his career avg is 5/2. Granted last year he was 11/2, so he has shown some growth.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If anything the TNT crew proved they're Thibodeau homers.. As did the guys who did the broadcast. They spent most of the game talking about Thibs over anyone else. Reggie Miller even said our identity was not a player, but Thibs.

The only thing they're right about right now is that the Bulls don't really have a distinct leader. Noah is not that guy, nor should he be, because frankly he's not that good. I think your leader should be your best player, or close to your best player. Rose lacks the personality for that. Jimmy is a young guy, but he may be ready to take that over, but we'll have to wait and see.
What the Thibs homers fail to realize (and I realize that Portis did not play last night) is that Jimmy Butler really didn't get his shot in the regular season until Deng was injured. Imagine Deng never getting injured and Jimmy not getting that playing time. One thing I know for sure is that guys like Doug, Portis, and Snell wont get relegated to the dog house for missing one defensive assignment in the second quarter in a regular season game against the Phoenix Suns.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
A lot of forced shots, similar cuts, and switched late off the baseline. Did I describe Derrick Rose or Snell? Both actually, which means both are either being told to take instinctive shots or both are going to take a while to understand the schema. All of the above? Yep.

Snell, for what he is, is more than fine, even an overperformer. The real complaint is about how many minutes a coach will give him, but he needs those minutes to get better. Oh well, boo hoo, big fucking deal and really not worthy of some hateraid treatment. Not every out-of lotto selection will wind up being a Butler. Not every 2nd rounder will be a Gilbert Arenas(pre-thug lyfe zero). I only hope he has more room to grow, then all of the Snell worries are a total non-issue and simply just more knee-jerk impatience clouding objective judgment about him actually improving.