IGT Week 5: Chicago Bears (3-1) vs New Orleans Saints (4-0) 12:00 CDT Fox

Who wins?

• Total voters

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just saw Roman Harper out for the Saints. Maybe Earl can survive a pass over the middle this time? Good times.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harper out is a blessing to the Saints! Trust me!

supra8795

Liked Posts:

supra8795

Liked Posts:
They weren't held to 127 yards...

They had no reason to throw the ball for big yards...

They ran the ball with Joique Bell FFS... we were awful... especially our defense...

Just to let you know, the score was 40-23 with 4 mins left and the kitties were still throwing the ball so you can shut the fuck up now.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Chicago Home Record: 2-0 (21-24 against Cincy, 31-30 Vikings)
Saints Road Record: 1-0 (16-14 @Tampa)

The Saints Week 2 road win against Tampa was an ugly game that was won on a last second field goal. During the game the Saints offense was helped by 3 crucial penalties made by Tampa. There were 2 unneccessary roughness penalties on 1 drive (IMO they were BS, I was at the game and NO fans were talking about how they have Roger in their pocket LOL). That drive ended with a missed FG. The other was another unneccessary roughness penalty on a drive where Tampa stopped NO 3 times from within the 2 yard line, they kicked a FG, a defensive penalty was called, half the distance, NO ran a run play and got stuff, TOD. Here is the break down of their scoring drives:

1. FG Started at NO 20
2. TD Graham Started at NO 20
3. FG Started at Tampa 40
4. FG Started at NO 37

Turnovers: 2 Interceptions (1 ran back 85 yards for a TD)

There was nothing amazing about this game really. Bree's threw 46 passes and NO put 16 points on the board and only 1 TD. Tampa's D gave up 75 yards on 20 rush attempts. Graham had a monster outing with 10 catches and Sproles added 6 himself. On top of that Tampa left a TD on the field when Vincent Jackson's 73 yard TD was called back because of an illegal formation penalty (questionable call).

Now they go on the road against a team that has beat a pretty good defensive team in Cincinatti, and a solid offensive team with AJ Green and a couple tough TE's. Graham is going to do what he does best, and most likely we will see him in the endzone 1-2 times. But we need to contain the rest of the offense. Tampa did a pretty good job most of the day not giving up a lot to Brees. Expect there to be safety help with Graham and Colston. If the Saints are going to put up points they are going to have to do it with Sproles, Meachem and Stills helping out. The Bears did a good job week 1 of covering Gio in passing situations, expect to see similar coverages against Sproles.

The key to this game for the Bears will be limiting NO to FG's like Tampa. If they can do that then the offense is more than capable of getting into the endzone enough to squeak out a win. Doug Martin averaged 5 YPC against this D and was held without a catch, mostly due to lack of pass plays ran with Martin as an option. Another key will be Marshall, Alshon and M Bennett, they need to use their big frames to help Jay out. Julio and Tony G, both scored Red Zone TD's against this D. Expect a heavy run game plan and short passes by Chicago. From NO you should expect heavy use of Sproles to slow down the pass rush.

Prediction: 24-20 Chicago

Other Note: New Orleans has to go on the road against New England next week. Looking ahead......maybe?

Weather: Low 60's Rain in the morning, may continue into gametime.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just checked a N.O. newspaper...More of their sportswriters picked the Bears than they did the Saints...Sound familiar??

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Home Record: 2-0 (21-24 against Cincy, 31-30 Vikings)
Saints Road Record: 1-0 (16-14 @Tampa)

The Saints Week 2 road win against Tampa was an ugly game that was won on a last second field goal. During the game the Saints offense was helped by 3 crucial penalties made by Tampa. There were 2 unneccessary roughness penalties on 1 drive (IMO they were BS, I was at the game and NO fans were talking about how they have Roger in their pocket LOL). That drive ended with a missed FG. The other was another unneccessary roughness penalty on a drive where Tampa stopped NO 3 times from within the 2 yard line, they kicked a FG, a defensive penalty was called, half the distance, NO ran a run play and got stuff, TOD. Here is the break down of their scoring drives:

1. FG Started at NO 20
2. TD Graham Started at NO 20
3. FG Started at Tampa 40
4. FG Started at NO 37

Turnovers: 2 Interceptions (1 ran back 85 yards for a TD)

There was nothing amazing about this game really. Bree's threw 46 passes and NO put 16 points on the board and only 1 TD. Tampa's D gave up 75 yards on 20 rush attempts. Graham had a monster outing with 10 catches and Sproles added 6 himself. On top of that Tampa left a TD on the field when Vincent Jackson's 73 yard TD was called back because of an illegal formation penalty (questionable call).

Now they go on the road against a team that has beat a pretty good defensive team in Cincinatti, and a solid offensive team with AJ Green and a couple tough TE's. Graham is going to do what he does best, and most likely we will see him in the endzone 1-2 times. But we need to contain the rest of the offense. Tampa did a pretty good job most of the day not giving up a lot to Brees. Expect there to be safety help with Graham and Colston. If the Saints are going to put up points they are going to have to do it with Sproles, Meachem and Stills helping out. The Bears did a good job week 1 of covering Gio in passing situations, expect to see similar coverages against Sproles.

The key to this game for the Bears will be limiting NO to FG's like Tampa. If they can do that then the offense is more than capable of getting into the endzone enough to squeak out a win. Doug Martin averaged 5 YPC against this D and was held without a catch, mostly due to lack of pass plays ran with Martin as an option. Another key will be Marshall, Alshon and M Bennett, they need to use their big frames to help Jay out. Julio and Tony G, both scored Red Zone TD's against this D. Expect a heavy run game plan and short passes by Chicago. From NO you should expect heavy use of Sproles to slow down the pass rush.

Prediction: 24-20 Chicago

Other Note: New Orleans has to go on the road against New England next week. Looking ahead......maybe?

Um yea, bounty gate says otherwise. 1 of those unnecessary roughness were bs. The hit on Brees. The other one was dirty play on Graham that was absolutely late and was trying to hurt Graham. You also remember that game was played with an over an hour delay and rain and sloppy field. Also, Division game which is always tough. I wouldn't compare games.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Um yea, bounty gate says otherwise. 1 of those unnecessary roughness were bs. The hit on Brees. The other one was dirty play on Graham that was absolutely late and was trying to hurt Graham. You also remember that game was played with an over an hour delay and rain and sloppy field. Also, Division game which is always tough. I wouldn't compare games.

I was not comparing games. It was a road game. The only data we have on this years NO team playing on grass. I was at the game standing under cover for an hour waiting for it to start back up. But the rain was not that big of an issue in the game, it didn't rain that hard, it was wet but the rain quit quickly, it was the lightning that delayed that game. The hit on Graham was BS, it was a clean hit, but falls under that grey area.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was not comparing games. It was a road game. The only data we have on this years NO team playing on grass. I was at the game standing under cover for an hour waiting for it to start back up. But the rain was not that big of an issue in the game, it didn't rain that hard, it was wet but the rain quit quickly, it was the lightning that delayed that game. The hit on Graham was BS, it was a clean hit, but falls under that grey area.

Are you serious? Here is the video, he launches late and goes helmet to helmet. That is clear as day. If you think that is a penalty then you must be pissed off every week because that one of the more legit calls they have made since they started throwing flags more often.

http://thenewsportsguru.com/nfl/you-got-knocked-the-fck-out-ahmad-black-got-a-penalty-for-this-vicious-late-hit-on-jimmy-graham-video

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Are you serious? Here is the video, he launches late and goes helmet to helmet. That is clear as day. If you think that is a penalty then you must be pissed off every week because that one of the more legit calls they have made since they started throwing flags more often.

http://thenewsportsguru.com/nfl/you-got-knocked-the-fck-out-ahmad-black-got-a-penalty-for-this-vicious-late-hit-on-jimmy-graham-video

That is a different angle than the one shown at the game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is a different angle than the one shown at the game.

Yea, home teams tend to do that. When I saw it in real time, I was like holy fuck. I think he killed Jimmy! haha It was a nasty hit.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Yea, home teams tend to do that. When I saw it in real time, I was like holy fuck. I think he killed Jimmy! haha It was a nasty hit.

That's a good point. Either way I think this should be a good game. If your name isn't Tillman you priorities should be:

1. Tackle
2. Strip the ball after the player is wrapped up.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am not worried a bit. Bears always do well in this type of games. We need the D show up and compete.

Saints OL is not that great this year. Their run game suffers as a result.

LOL, since when. They rarely do well in these types of games.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets wait and see what the D does tomorrow..If there is improvement, then so be it...But if its as bad or worse than the Lions game, Tucker needs a talking to. I don't think Emery and Trestman are the type to put up with less than what we are used to seeing on the field. After all, they were brought here to improve things. If Tucker is the problem, then they will address the issue one way or another IMO

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully it doesn't rain like this tomorrow during the game

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yea, well, I hope Conte or Wright spears Graham, cracks or breaks his ribs, causes him internal bleeding and not get flagged or fined for it. Karma is a bitch.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Brain Trust

temp_A050010--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG