IHN and my time (Please read, everyone)

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Seriously though. He should have just done it. It's obvious the writing was on the wall. Hell, half the people that posted their opposition to the merger are long gone. With the amount of actual hockey conversation taking place, I'm not far behind them. This place has gone to shit, unless you like reading Grimdust troll non-stop.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Hey guys, Trev has been texting me recently so I thought I would come in and see what's going on.</p>

</p>

Clearly, I haven't been around very often. I'm not going to make any excuses about it, although I did warn everyone that this would happen months ago. I'm not sure what the state of the site is, or what's going on recently. But, I wouldn't worry about a 404. I'm still funding the site. I wouldn't shut it down.</p>

</p>

That out of the way, if someone wants to take it on... I'll gladly set them up with full admin rights, transfer billing, etc.. etc.. If not, I can contact CCS and see if they would get back on board with a merge.</p>

</p>

Just know, there is a lot of responsibility if someone wants to take over the site. Even stripping it down to just include a message board, would still involve effort in terms of marketing/recruiting new members so that the site stays fresh. I did that for a number of years through numerous methods. Its no mistake that our member counts have stalled without that added push. Unless someone is willing to do that, this site will remain as an expensive alternative to a Facebook group chat.</p>

</p>

Marketing, billing, security, income, are just a few things at the top of my head that you would have to be involved in to run this successfully. Running a good website is not just plug and play.</p>

</p>

CCS already has a great foundation. I still think that is the best opportunity for this community to grow if I am not able to run the site. I know I always had great support with our staff here as well and I know that CCS has said in the past that they would have us very much involved.</p>

</p>

I'm sure there's a lot of criticism coming my way, and I'll take it. But just remember, I've done this for over 6 years. I've always been upfront and forthcoming about what I thought was the right thing to do.</p>

</p>

I'm not sure what more I can provide. I have a lot of things I need to handle before I can continue to work on IHN. I will try to come in more often, and do what I can for now.</p>

</p>

I don't think things are dead, maybe not as bustling as they were in the past, but far from dead. There's over 500 members to market the site to, thousands on Facebook and Twitter. There just needs to be someone to lead the ship. The staff has always been great, the people have been great, but there's no one doing the behind the scenes work to inject new life into the community. And I understand that, it's a lot of work. Maybe it's stale, but not dead, Pez. There is still a lot of opportunity here.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, if Trev and I take over, do we ban Grimson?

:)</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
For those around, we are going to contact Rush and see if we can merge with CSS.

While Paul and I would like to take it over, right now getting some new blood in immediately is our best bet.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed.  </p>

</p>

And Ton you've done a fantastic job here over the years.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Merge with whatever that other place was. It can't be worse than this...</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPirri" data-cid="237087" data-time="1415032823">
<div>

So, if Trev and I take over, do we ban Grimson?
:icon-smile:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

All the other mods have... may as well join in!</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimdust" data-cid="237094" data-time="1415040898">
<div>

All the other mods have... may as well join in!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I think CCS has enough troll superfans.

What are you going to do? </p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPirri" data-cid="237097" data-time="1415042306">
<div>

I think CCS has enough troll superfans.

What are you going to do? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Lick my chops.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a question:

Who will be moving me?</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mr.Couch" data-cid="237103" data-time="1415044559">

I have a question:

Who will be moving me?</p></blockquote>

I would love to help. .. but I think I'm busy that day.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mr.Couch" data-cid="237103" data-time="1415044559">
<div>

I have a question:

Who will be moving me?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

There better be beer and pizza.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="237106" data-time="1415045702">

There better be beer and pizza.</p></blockquote>

Wino is allergic to onions, just a heads up.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Mushrooms can lick my shit stained sack cause I wipe improperly.</p>

</p>

No worries, Mr. Couch. I will move you with aplomb. </p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mr. Couch, I urge you the insist on these:</p>

</p>

depend_protective_underwear-sm.jpg
</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
I've talked to Rush at CCS.</p>

</p>

He would be very happy to have IHN on board.</p>

</p>

Shall we have another vote?</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Go for it. honestly some of my concerns remain, but this place has become a bit lifeless and some new blood injected might not be a bad thing.</p>