In other NFL news - Leonard Fournette has been released

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
He would be the most talented RB on the bears since Payton.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He would be the most talented RB on the bears since Payton.

I guess. But he wouldn’t be the best or most productive back since Payton. I’d still sign him though

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
Tough shoes to fill following Payton's legacy, but Neil Anderson was pretty good too.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Tough shoes to fill following Payton's legacy, but Neil Anderson was pretty good too.
Who cares about any of this? He’s likely better than Montgomery and any other RB on the roster.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I keep looking here hoping its become a the bears signed him thread ...but no hasn't happened

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I loved Matt Forte. One of my favorite Bears of all-time. He was not as talented as Fournette. Much less crazy, but not as talented.

Newb alert

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Let me know when Howard has 76 receptions.

Fournette had 76 receptions because of breakdown dumpoffs. He wasn't out there running routes. That's why those catches only amounted to 500 yards. Fournettes okay, but he really isn't the massive upgrade some of you guys think he'd be. I'd still sign him for the right price.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Fournette had 76 receptions because of breakdown dumpoffs. He wasn't out there running routes. That's why those catches only amounted to 500 yards. Fournettes okay, but he really isn't the massive upgrade some of you guys think he'd be. I'd still sign him for the right price.
It depends on who you’re trying to upgrade with Fournette. He may not be a massive upgrade to Montgomery, but he is definitely a massive upgrade to Nall, Pierce, and Patterson. The way it stands right now those three and Cohen look to be our opening day runningbacks with Montgomery out. To me it’s a no brainer to go after him, unless Foles and Defillipo give him horrible reviews why not add young cheap talent?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
You don't think he is a huge upgrade over Nall, Patterson, Cohen, Pierce, or Maxwell?

Why did I not include Monty, because I think they will place him on the IR, since we can call back an unlimited amount of players from IR after only 3 weeks (special rule for 2020).

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Apparently the Rams and Pats are out. This might happen at the right price...

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Newb alert

First of all, I've been following the Bears since 85, when I was 6. Second of all, Forte was not as talented as Fournette. When LF is in the right state of mind (not often), he is a force. It's like the hot/crazy ratio for chicks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It depends on who you’re trying to upgrade with Fournette. He may not be a massive upgrade to Montgomery, but he is definitely a massive upgrade to Nall, Pierce, and Patterson. The way it stands right now those three and Cohen look to be our opening day runningbacks with Montgomery out. To me it’s a no brainer to go after him, unless Foles and Defillipo give him horrible reviews why not add young cheap talent?
You don't think he is a huge upgrade over Nall, Patterson, Cohen, Pierce, or Maxwell?

Why did I not include Monty, because I think they will place him on the IR, since we can call back an unlimited amount of players from IR after only 3 weeks (special rule for 2020).

Yes, I'm talking about Montgomery, because that's who he would actually be replacing for the first few weeks. And yes, I'd sign him for the right price, like I said, but I doubt you get significantly more than the Bears got last year with Montgomery. Once Monty came back, I think he's the better receiver of the two, though the Bears have Cohen and don't seem interested in using Monty in that way anyway.