In other NFL news - Leonard Fournette has been released

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And queue Patriots who are interest. Figures.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The running game should and needs to be the identity of this team. They have two mediocre to bottom tier QBs. When that’s the case, your identity should be run the rock and play defense.

I don’t think Nagy could coach any other way than “his way.” He’s pass happy and wants to unleash his genius ideas but needs high end talent to do it. I hope he proves me wrong this year, but last year he would rather lose than to grind it out and make it ugly and win. He better change that this year or he’s gone. Be a coach and play to your teams strengths. All I heard when he was brought in was how they’re going to adjust to team, and if they do this, we’re going to do A, B, and C. Haven’t seen that..

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
HE's going to the Bucs according to rappaport

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I've been a huge Ryan Pace apologist, but I won't be able to defend a a bad run game. We didn't draft a running back. We didn't sign one in free agency. And when one falls in your lap, you pass on them.

I'd understand if this was year 1 or year 2 under a new GM. But we are in year 5. We have already built a strong culture. Now its time to win and try to extend your contracts. Instead you pass.

I really hope Artavius Pierce is the next big thing, because I don't know how the running game is magically going to get better if we didn't do anything to address the position. You can't do the same thing and expect different results! Its stubborness! I hope I'm wrong, but the coaching staff is putting all their marbles in on an UDFA and C. Patterson. We all know Cohen is done running between the tackles. If Monty goes down, so God help our offense!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yes, I'm talking about Montgomery, because that's who he would actually be replacing for the first few weeks. And yes, I'd sign him for the right price, like I said, but I doubt you get significantly more than the Bears got last year with Montgomery. Once Monty came back, I think he's the better receiver of the two, though the Bears have Cohen and don't seem interested in using Monty in that way anyway.
Monty and Fournette in a rotation could keep both fresh. I really see no downside to signing him regardless of who he might be perceived to replace.

If your opinion is that he is no more talented than Monty, I would be hard pressed to argue against that, because I like Monty.

Edit - Just saw he is joining Brady and Gronk, Very smart move on his behalf.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Monty and Fournette in a rotation could keep both fresh. I really see no downside to signing him regardless of who he might be perceived to replace.

If your opinion is that he is no more talented than Monty, I would be hard pressed to argue against that, because I like Monty.

Edit - Just saw he is joining Brady and Gronk, Very smart move on his behalf.
I think he's a more talented runner than monty, just not by a huge margin. Honestly, I think your scenario is what plays out in Tampa. Split with him and rojo on early downs. At least at the start.