Interesting Responses From 16 Team Scouts About Fields

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It was some point in the day today and the blonde stat woman from NFL Network was on and she said that she talked to scouts from 16 of the 32 teams about Fields. Well, she may have talked to scouts from all 32 teams, but 16 scouts finally felt secure enough to give their scouting opinions about Fields on day 3 of the draft.

Of the 16 team scouts that responded about Fields QB ranking, a solid 8 of them said that their teams had Fields ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence.

Maybe they were blowing smoke up her ass, but 50% of the teams that responded had Fields as QB1.

And we got him at 11.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what happened on day 3, I will go on record what I think might have been just a little better.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana (there were some 70+ graded safeties of a few different flavors on the board, still top 10 at position depth coming into draft)
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee(no trade down, whatever his medical I couldn't pass at this point)

6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech(good chance he makes it just a little further but this would be the risk in my changes, I think CB Gowan was on board if not)
6. Thomas Graham Jr. CB Oregon

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It was some point in the day today and the blonde stat woman from NFL Network was on and she said that she talked to scouts from 16 of the 32 teams about Fields. Well, she may have talked to scouts from all 32 teams, but 16 scouts finally felt secure enough to give their scouting opinions about Fields on day 3 of the draft.

Of the 16 team scouts that responded about Fields QB ranking, a solid 8 of them said that their teams had Fields ranked higher than Trevor Lawrence.

Maybe they were blowing smoke up her ass, but 50% of the teams that responded had Fields as QB1.

And we got him at 11.
Someone on ABC said Fields has a much better long ball than Lawrence. They were ranked 1&2 for a good while. Unsure what made so many teams get uneasy about Fields.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And we got him at 11.
I don't doubt it. Accuracy, speed/mobility are better and processing isn't worse. That was a bad rap on Fields. I suspect Fields and Jones would have the highest wonderlic scores of this group. Fields is the most complete prospect in this class. Doesn't mean he'll turn out best but he's a draft day steal at 11.

He patterns his game after rustle well some. A bigger and faster one... I hope.

Last edited:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.
How long is Patterson sticking around.. Newsome breaks a lot of tackles and will / can take over return duties. Something Wimms and Ridley can not offer.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.
Are you broken?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
It happens every year. There's too much time between the final college games and the draft. Teams overthink everything and sometimes the measurables will have one guy skyrocket up the board while other guys will plummet for no real good reason. What does a guy do on the field? That's what should count. After watching Fields gut out a historically great performance against Clemson in the college semi-final game I knew that guy was legit. He shredded a team full of future pros while injured. He's athletic, a true duel threat, great team leader and and gritty.

It's fantastic the Bears were able to trade up and snag him and the fan base deserves this. My concern now is the Bears coaching staff will fail to develop him properly or surround him with enough talent to succeed. Someone talk me off the ledge.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How long is Patterson sticking around.. Newsome breaks a lot of tackles and will / can take over return duties. Something Wimms and Ridley can not offer.
I think he is already signed with someone else.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It happens every year. There's too much time between the final college games and the draft. Teams overthink everything and sometimes the measurables will have one guy skyrocket up the board while other guys will plummet for no real good reason. What does a guy do on the field? That's what should count. After watching Fields gut out a historically great performance against Clemson in the college semi-final game I knew that guy was legit. He shredded a team full of future pros while injured. He's athletic, a true duel threat, great team leader and and gritty.

It's fantastic the Bears were able to trade up and snag him and the fan base deserves this. My concern now is the Bears coaching staff will fail to develop him properly or surround him with enough talent to succeed. Someone talk me off the ledge.

You forgot intelligent. And smart with the football

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

And we got him at 11.
Who knows the validity to it. All i know is i love the kid and I'm super happy that the Jets, Niners and a handful of other teams were dumb enough to let him get away from them. I feel bad that the kid had an unmerited slide that far in the draft but i love that he's pissed about it and is out to prove people wrong. IDK if he's better than Lawrence and i honestly dont care. You can't put a price on the hope that this kid is bringing a demoralized fanbase and also the players.

I can't wait to see him play.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Last years Patterson? He is already on another team.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And we got him at 11.
It was Cynthia Frelund. Shes been writing a lot about the bears success in this draft on NFL.com