Is it Appropriate To Use 'We' When Talking About Your Favorite Team?

Vote

• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I never knew there were more like me. Here is my PigWig Den. It's not done yet, but if I get that produce mister and dairy case for my birthday, I will update these pix.

d837491b4aa3332831ff59637419d414--role-play-pretend-play.jpg

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I never knew there were more like me. Here is my PigWig Den. It's not done yet, but if I get that produce mister and dairy case for my birthday, I will update these pix.

d837491b4aa3332831ff59637419d414--role-play-pretend-play.jpg

I can't wait for "Produce Mr." to be the newest CCS member!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm OK with people saying 'we'... this is about why it bothers you. Instead of a question, go ahead and make a statement; I like where you're going with this.

You responded to my saying having an emotional investment in the Bears is leading to issues, so I asked the question. It seems pretty clear that you know where I'm going with my line of thinking.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I support my local grocery store. I invest a lot of time and money there every week. I joyfully brag about the quality and superior pricing of their meats and produce to all my friends. I felt genuine heartache when I learned the owner suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized. The wife even bought him a 'Get Well' card.

I have never once said: "We really need to restock on grits already. It has been almost two weeks since we had any in stock."

When we go to jewel, i say to the ol’ battle axe ‘i hope we have fresh cilantro today’

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When we go to jewel, i say to the ol’ battle axe ‘i hope we have fresh cilantro today’

Thought we were friends.

I guess Jose it is.

Fuck you!

:tiptoe:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you tailgate in the parking lot of your local grocer? Have you ever sat back, dank a beer, and yelled at the stock boy for letting the shopping carts pile up in the parking lot?
No, they already have enough of those guys out there. Just instead of "tailgaters" we call them "drunken bums".

They are both obnoxious and smell bad, but instead of offering me undercooked chicken...they just want my money.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Ultimately we finance the team, and become emotionally and time invested as well. I say go for the "we" and ignore the haters.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sellouts.

As a hardcore Dominick's Loyalist...I am offended by these posts.

Fresh Market FTW

real talk (and RIP dominicks)... we have gone to pete's fresh market and even cermak fresh market and I am convinced that they are all under the mariano's umbrella, but the ball and chain doesn't believe me. Thoughts?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, they already have enough of those guys out there. Just instead of "tailgaters" we call them "drunken bums".

They are both obnoxious and smell bad, but instead of offering me undercooked chicken...they just want my money.

Interesting. When we tailgate, we're basically "bumming it" for a day. Drinking and cooking off a fire set inside a 55 gallon drum, but we use chicken instead of stray cats.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I'm more annoyed by people who get annoyed when other people use the term 'we' when talking about their favorite team. It's not hard to understand why the term'we' is used. At its basics....a team represents a city or region.... like the Bears here in Chicago. When people say 'we' its in the context that they are also Chicagoans who the Bears represent.... so things the Bears do...whether they win or lose...make a particular draft decision or free agent signing......... a person would say 'we' won,etc... in the context of the city the Bears represent.... they are the Chicago Bears.... and if you are citizen of Chicago or just a fan... the inclination is to say 'we'.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Put the plow on the truck.

Snowing today.

pets truck

petting intensifies

:tiptoe:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Sellouts.

As a hardcore Dominick's Loyalist...I am offended by these posts.

Fresh Market FTW

LOL at this. I don't think even Robbie Gould could afford to shop regularly at Fresh Market. I need my cheese to cost less than $11, thank you.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm more annoyed by people who get annoyed when other people use the term 'we' when talking about their favorite team. It's not hard to understand why the term'we' is used. At its basics....a team represents a city or region.... like the Bears here in Chicago. When people say 'we' its in the context that they are also Chicagoans who the Bears represent.... so things the Bears do...whether they win or lose...make a particular draft decision or free agent signing......... a person would say 'we' won,etc... in the context of the city the Bears represent.... they are the Chicago Bears.... and if you are citizen of Chicago or just a fan... the inclination is to say 'we'.

okay, but what if you are CRM114, and live in Woodfield Mall? Personally, I don't consider that Chicago. I consider that Ikea Country.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
real talk (and RIP dominicks)... we have gone to pete's fresh market and even cermak fresh market and I am convinced that they are all under the mariano's umbrella, but the ball and chain doesn't believe me. Thoughts?
Pete's I believe is.

Cermak is part of a local chain of locally owned Fresh Markets. Mine is Morse Fresh Market. If those are "under the umbrella"...that parent company would be furious with the prices I am getting.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at this. I don't think even Robbie Gould could afford to shop regularly at Fresh Market. I need my cheese to cost less than $11, thank you.
I think there is some disconnect here because my Fresh Market was selling things like Boars Head turkey for six bucks a pound and Eggland's Best eggs for $1.99. Both products double at the Jewel just a mile north.