Is it Appropriate To Use 'We' When Talking About Your Favorite Team?

Vote

• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

Toast88

Liked Posts:
People who shame others for saying “we” are the fucking worst.

Our taxes go to the stadiums. Our money goes toward the salaries. Our buying of merchandise is tied directly to the franchise. Most of us were fans long before the current Bears were on the team, and we’ll be fans long after they leave.

Nothing wrong with “we”. We’re Bears too, dammit.

Plus, Nagy gave me a game ball : )

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think we will be great next season. I also think we just need to add a few guys to the mix. We almost went the distance this season.
Now, about the Bears. I guess they will be OK. We will know all we need to know about we after the first game when they crush the Packers and we celebrate as they said we could when they win.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Our taxes go to the stadiums. Our money goes toward the salaries. Our buying of merchandise is tied directly to the franchise. Most of us were fans long before the current Bears were on the team, and we’ll be fans long after they leave.

Shutup toast

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Just because you pour your money into a football team and wear clothes with another man's name on the back does not mean you are part of the team.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just because you pour your money into a football team and wear clothes with another man's name on the back does not mean you are part of the team.
Yawn.

Imagine hating fandom and wasting tons of time on a sports message board.

Guess who is more pathetic in this scenario?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yawn.

Imagine hating fandom and wasting tons of time on a sports message board.

Guess who is more pathetic in this scenario?

I don't hate fandom. I just find it cringeworthy when people claim to be a part of a team that they are not.

I don't hate them either btw.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:tiptoe:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't hate fandom. I just find it cringeworthy when people claim to be a part of a team that they are not.

do you find joy in anything? or is life just cringeworthy for you. humble yourself, educated yankee. we here at the bears will welcome you when you are done with they.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

as a coach on the team, WE do not believe it is cringeworthy, and WE love it.

WE are all WE

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why do you say that? What sort of issues are you talking about. Feel free to riff a bit, go ahead and say it.

What would you put the Bears ahead of in your life?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As the team represents the city of Chicago, I think it’s fine for someone to use “we”. Even besides the city connection, it wouldn’t bother me if any fan said it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
What would you put the Bears ahead of in your life?
I'm OK with people saying 'we'... this is about why it bothers you. Instead of a question, go ahead and make a statement; I like where you're going with this.

mecha

Liked Posts:
elitist complex snarky pricks dating back to CBMB made an issue of it just to break balls. I don't use "we", as I'm not affiliated with the organization, but I won't shit on anyone that does. that's kindergarten shit.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We support the team, we invest lots of our time, money, joy and heartache into this team. So yes, it's our team and it's more than all right to say "we"

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We support the team, we invest lots of our time, money, joy and heartache into this team.

I support my local grocery store. I invest a lot of time and money there every week. I joyfully brag about the quality and superior pricing of their meats and produce to all my friends. I felt genuine heartache when I learned the owner suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized. The wife even bought him a 'Get Well' card.

I have never once said: "We really need to restock on grits already. It has been almost two weeks since we had any in stock."

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I support my local grocery store. I invest a lot of time and money there every week. I joyfully brag about the quality and superior pricing of their meats and produce to all my friends. I felt genuine heartache when I learned the owner suffered a heart attack and was hospitalized. The wife even bought him a 'Get Well' card.

I have never once said: "We really need to restock on grits already. It has been almost two weeks since we had any in stock."

Do you tailgate in the parking lot of your local grocer? Have you ever sat back, dank a beer, and yelled at the stock boy for letting the shopping carts pile up in the parking lot?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Do you tailgate in the parking lot of your local grocer? Have you ever sat back, dank a beer, and yelled at the stock boy for letting the shopping carts pile up in the parking lot?

No, but I wear my Jewel/Osco jersey on Sundays.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
No, but I wear my Jewel/Osco jersey on Sundays.

Pfft. Wearing it is so immature. I hang mine in my grocery den. I even have the legit stock shelves in my den. I have a buddy that worked at the actual local store and he hooked me up.