Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't really complain about anything on this team.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="217943" data-time="1388423043">
<div>

Shaw and Saad are on pace to score a quiet 20 goals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They are also quietly among the top 10 possession players in the NHL, with Corsi % of 59.9% and 59.6% respectively.</p>

</p>

(that means they're on ice for almost 6 shots for every 4 against. That's absurd for a "third line".)</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="217953" data-time="1388425878">
<div>

They are also quietly among the top 10 possession players in the NHL, with Corsi % of 59.9% and 59.6% respectively.</p>

</p>

(that means they're on ice for almost 6 shots for every 4 against. That's absurd for a "third line".)</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

These are great breakdowns on using hockey sabermetrics from Jen @ 2nd City Hockey:</p>

</p>

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2013/12/11/5201286/how-i-stopped-worrying-and-learned-to-love-fancy-stats</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="217943" data-time="1388423043">
<div>

Shaw and Saad are on pace to score a quiet 20 goals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Now if we can get Bickell to 15+, though I'll take an excellent playoff over the regular season stats.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="winos5" data-cid="217946" data-time="1388423777">
<div>

Zus is quietly planning his retirement</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I'd buy him a ticket to Boca if he promised to use it today.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="217965" data-time="1388429576">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Bollig can drive him</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="217965" data-time="1388429576">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Not sure why people are so down on Zus, he plays a great role on this team to me. And yes I am serious.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="217982" data-time="1388434955">
<div>

Not sure why people are so down on Zus, he plays a great role on this team to me. And yes I am serious.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I dont have a problem with him either. I just think as Hawks fans, we are REAL spoiled at the moment. </p>

</p>

Is he slow? Sure is. But we are also comparing to a team built on speed. Ok, his faceoffs are not where they should be, true. And really, that is where i saw his best asset. </p>

</p>

But as fans we are so spoiled right now that it is hard to find things to bitch about. Enter Zus and Bollig. </p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217990" data-time="1388435642">
<div>

I dont have a problem with him either. I just think as Hawks fans, we are REAL spoiled at the moment. </p>

</p>

Is he slow? Sure is. But we are also comparing to a team built on speed. Ok, his faceoffs are not where they should be, true. And really, that is where i saw his best asset. </p>

</p>

But as fans we are so spoiled right now that it is hard to find things to bitch about. Enter Zus and Bollig. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

If you were to ask Kaner, he would say he likes him there because he then has the puck more.  And that's what he wants.  So in that thought, it's really him who determines the Center for that line.  Not the fans.  88 with the puck more is all any of us fans can ask for.</p>

</p>

Assuming the only two options are 26 and 37.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217991" data-time="1388435843">
<div>

If you were to ask Kaner, he would say he likes him there because he then has the puck more.  And that's what he wants.  So in that thought, it's really him who determines the Center for that line.  Not the fans.  88 with the puck more is all any of us fans can ask for.</p>

</p>

Assuming the only two options are 26 and 37.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hells Yes! That kid is becoming the next St Louis and then some.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217993" data-time="1388435966">
<div>

Hells Yes! That kid is becoming the next St Louis and then some.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He reminds me more of Denis Savard, although Kane is a better goal scorer</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="puckjim" data-cid="217994" data-time="1388436116">
<div>

He reminds me more of Denis Savard, although Kane is a better goal scorer</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Certainly no stretch either. Kid has been a magician this year. </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="217996" data-time="1388436263">
<div>

Certainly no stretch either. Kid has been a magician this year. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He makes passes and stickhandles in ways only Savard could.</p>

</p>

Better in some cases.</p>

R K

And I don't think he's even near his peak yet.  Nor do I think he thinks he is.  It's always been a personal goal for 100pts.  Maybe this is the year.  Previously theres been some aspects where he's been hindered, whether it be that first year and his ankle, or trying to make him play Center.</p>

</p>

So far, knock on wood, this year he's been able to do his thing.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217998" data-time="1388436370">
<div>

And I don't think he's even near his peak yet.  Nor do I think he thinks he is.  It's always been a personal goal for 100pts.  Maybe this is the year.  Previously theres been some aspects where he's been hindered, whether it be that first year and his ankle, or trying to make him play Center.</p>

</p>

So far, knock on wood, this year he's been able to do his thing.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I got 100$  he hits 100 this year so he better!</p>

</p>

What has been amazing to watch is his play off the puck too. I am sort of pissed because I dont get to rag on his D or backchecking (lack of) anymore. To me, I think playing with Hossa has been the difference. Hossa is so comfortable with O ice and puck protection. He is never afraid to use all the O ice. </p>

R K

I think that was an aspect of his game he needed to learn.  And he's done a great job of it.  Pat is the kind of player that notices the little things.  Like his +/-.  And it bothers him when it's not good.  Those type of players, who care, are what make me as a fan notice.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218004" data-time="1388437527">
<div>

I think that was an aspect of his game he needed to learn.  And he's done a great job of it.  Pat is the kind of player that notices the little things.  Like his +/-.  And it bothers him when it's not good.  Those type of players, who care, are what make me as a fan notice.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Which he is now a +10 right??</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="218004" data-time="1388437527">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Agreed there too. It was one of the things they dont tell ya when say Hossa is playing for your team. It is how good a 2 way player he is. You just dont appreciate it enough until he plays for you.</p>

</p>

Not only has Kane become better at D, I can vividly think of a bunch of plays where Kane was pivotal in play prevention. He is confident, selfless (your welcome for the goal anyone on this board could have scored, Zus).</p>

</p>

I always said that he would never wear the A...just not that kind of player, but with each year, I find I cant make fun of Kane much anymore. Cant he go punch a puppy or some old person or bang some chicks in irresponsible places?! My whole Kane experience has been ragging on grown men who wore his sweater... Now they are justified!! DAMMIT! </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="217982" data-time="1388434955">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Kane's last 9 goals have come with Zus on the bench.</p>

</p>

Putting him between Kane and Versteeg is tantamount to driving a tractor in the Indy 500.</p>