Is it just me....

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218009" data-time="1388438203">
<div>

Kane's last 9 goals have come with Zus on the bench.</p>

</p>

Putting him between Kane and Versteeg is tantamount to driving a tractor in the Indy 500.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

What does him being on the bench have to do with Kane's success or lack there of, he honestly could not be playing any better right now from what I could see. I guess I am not seeing the correlation between Handzus on the bench and Kane's last 9 goals, Handzus is a solid player, and did wonders for us in his short stint last season.</p>

</p>

Since he's been back from injury he has 7 points in 15 games and is clearly getting his feet under him. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
It has a lot to do with his lack of speed curtailing Kane's production at even strength. If he gets to the net, Kane can feed him and he might get a deflection. But he sure as hell can't get the puck to Kane.</p>

</p>

Last year in the playoffs, Kane didn't really get his scoring going until he was put on Toews' wing in the LA series. They're just not a good match.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218034" data-time="1388442394">
<div>

It has a lot to do with his lack of speed curtailing Kane's production at even strength. If he gets to the net, Kane can feed him and he might get a deflection. But he sure as hell can't get the puck to Kane.</p>

</p>

Last year in the playoffs, Kane didn't really get his scoring going until he was put on Toews' wing in the LA series. They're just not a good match.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

If only Pirri could play defense (or stop dating/doing Q's daughters or whatever it is???).</p>

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="218034" data-time="1388442394">
<div>

</p>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think you are being kind of ridiculous with your demands. Kane is producing at a clip no Hawks player has in 20 years, Zus is valuable to this team and brings a lot of responsibility that can be lost on younger players throughout the season. I was upset with Pirri being sent down, but once Zeus' game picked up I definitely understand. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="217991" data-time="1388435843">
<div>

If you were to ask Kaner, he would say he likes him there because he then has the puck more.  And that's what he wants.  So in that thought, it's really him who determines the Center for that line.  Not the fans.  88 with the puck more is all any of us fans can ask for.</p>

</p>

Assuming the only two options are 26 and 37.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Missed this when I posted earlier.  a happy Kane is always a good thang.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
Having another player who could keep up with Kane and Versteeg (or whoever is on the other wing) is still better. If that means Kane has less of the puck, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd rather have a center who can effectively pursue the puck in the offensive zone, it would ultimately open things up more for Kane rather than relying on him to constantly do that himself. Handzus just doesn't have the speed to do that. But, they can get away with it because there's no other team that has forward depth like they do. Just doesn't make it the better choice.</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it ain't broke don't fix it.</p>

</p>

And let's be honest here...4...maybe 6 bad showings all year where the team played like a bunch of squahed fetuses in curdled afterbirth on the ice is not broken.  No team ever goes 82-0</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimson" data-cid="217943" data-time="1388423043">
<div>

Shaw and Saad are on pace to score a quiet 20 goals.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Saad should be 25+, may end up near/over 30. :)</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
I'm with Mikita, I think Saad easily breaks 25 goals this season and his all around game in the O zone is excellent.  This team is so talented from front to back it's ridiculous.  We don't have any Dustin Byfugliens or Tyler Arnasons on this team, which is to say every player plays every shift.   I can't remember ever not noticing a player not putting out for this long.  When a team works this hard, is this talented it's easy for something like Sharps play or Hossa's play to go without the accolades they deserve.   Damn I love this team.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PSR" data-cid="218038" data-time="1388443445">
<div>

I think you are being kind of ridiculous with your demands. Kane is producing at a clip no Hawks player has in 20 years, Zus is valuable to this team and brings a lot of responsibility that can be lost on younger players throughout the season. I was upset with Pirri being sent down, but once Zeus' game picked up I definitely understand. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

A lot of Kane's production is happening on the power play - his last 9 goals have come either on the PP or when he's been on the ice with 4 Blackhawks skaters who don't wear #26.</p>

</p>

As for responsibility being sent down to younger players, which younger players are these? At this point there are no rookies other than Raanta on the team. Any other younger players (Saad, Shaw, Kruger etc) have Stanley Cup rings. Plus, there are future Hall of Famers in the clubhouse with more than one of those.</p>

</p>

I don't have an issue with Handzus on the team, I just think he's being misused. He's really a 4th line/PK guy. Hell, at this point he's not even winning half his faceoffs any more. If that glacier Bollig wasn't on the 4th line, I'd like to see Zus and Kruger switch roles. But having Zus and Bollig out there, you'd need to strap a rocket to Ben Smith's back in order for him to cover all the ice that would need covering.</p>