Is it safe to say Trubisky is a massive bust?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Rich Gannon.
rich gannon? LOL. Firstly he was a 4th round pick and I would never consider a miss in that round a bust and secondly he won an mvp. That is hard to do in the nfl. Not a great player but probably one the last people you should think of when you here bust.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why won't it happen again? The 7th seed is going to be permanent.

they are making the 7th seed permanent? WOW. Not sure how I missed that news. I’m not sure how I feel about it..

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
they are making the 7th seed permanent? WOW. Not sure how I missed that news. I’m not sure how I feel about it..
It's a good change. Sure some bums like the bears will get in but the colts an 11-5 team got in this year because of that extra seed.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:

I like progressivism too, but the NFL has basically become MLB with the changes and shit now. not to mention the illogical rule changes they keep introducing. it's a blessing some of the really stupid ones like advertisement graphics embedded into the field during red zone trips was abolished after preseason.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
No the 7th seed isn’t permanet
LOL. Do you really think they will go back? The two extra games generates a lot of revenue for the league. Trust me its permanent. You will see it next year as well.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It is coaching. There are numerous ex-qbs who comment on how reading defenses is a coaching issue and not a Mitch issue.
Sure, but even when he gets a free play (offside on defense) he dinks it 5 yards instead of going for broke. He lacks some awareness.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Absolutely a massive bust. You don't look at the Leafs and J'Marcus Russells of the world and then shrug your shoulders and say "meh, Mitch aint that bad". Those guys are just worse, thats all. Doesn't make Mitch good. All of the bum QBs of Bears past didn't make Cutler or Mitch good or make them worth keeping.

You put all of your eggs into the Trubasket, and it's gotten you nowhere. It's not just taking him with the 2nd overall pick. Its actually using all of those picks to move up one spot for the player who was going to be there anyways.

Its not doing your due diligence with Watson. Its having Mahomes and Watson end up great. Its trading two picks for Mack because you blindly hoped Mitch would do his part in carrying the offense. Considering what you gave up for him, what he's given you and what you missed out on, Mitch is a 100% certified bust. Fart noises.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Here are 20 QBs that have been 1st Round Draft selections whose careers didn't result in trips to the playoffs let alone 2 trips to the playoffs. Comparing Trubisky to these guys is just someone who's extremely butt hurt speaking from the heart instead of actually stopping to think for a second.

Jim Drunkenmiller
David Klingler
Akili Smith
Cade McNown
JaMarcus Russell
Matt Leinart
Dwayne Haskins
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Paxton Lynch
J.P. Losman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsey
Tim Couch
Ryan Leaf
Heath Shuler
Rick Mirer
How many of those guys had a defense comparable to the 2018 bears? 8-8 backing into the playoffs in a weak conference is not a great resume builder.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He's led his team to the playoffs in 2/4 seasons. Has he lived up to expectations? No. But in the end he is still a mediocre QB, not a Ryan Leaf level of BUST. That type of take is just ignorant or a lack of intelligence.

Haskins is more of a Ryan Leaf type bust.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You’re trying too hard

People here just don't want to engage in a intelligent discussion. They want to say ridiculous things and get a kick at the reaction...with no intent to reasonably back up their stance

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
He's led his team to the playoffs in 2/4 seasons. Has he lived up to expectations? No. But in the end he is still a mediocre QB, not a Ryan Leaf level of BUST. That type of take is just ignorant or a lack of intelligence.

Mitch is definitely a bust and did not “lead” any team to the playoffs. That’s like saying Cody Parkey led his team to the playoffs in 2018

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:

"Led" Lmao

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
People here just don't want to engage in a intelligent discussion. They want to say ridiculous things and get a kick at the reaction...with no intent to reasonably back up their stance
If you have to add qualifiers to prove your guy doesn’t suck, as the person who I quoted did, then the guy probably sucks

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It’s so sad that the Bears get credit for being a “playoff team” in 2020, as a 7th seed, something that will never happen again.

I’m of the opinion that he’s made the playoffs in normal circumstances one time, and even in that year he wasn’t all that good.

They do get credit. Thats the new format just not for this year, but indefinitely moving forward.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If you have to add qualifiers to prove your guy doesn’t suck, as the person who I quoted did, then the guy probably sucks

Not everyone is amazing or sucks. Not everything is black and white. Trubisky doesn't have to be perfect or else is a Ryan Leaf type bust. Most all those QBs that were listed had worse career outlooks by year 4 than Trubisky.