Is it time for the bears to get cheerleaders?

AussieBear

At least the Bulls have cheerleaders.

go_luva_bulls.jpg

i see the minorities r still at da back of da bus.. yay murica

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there are cold-weather teams with cheerleaders tho....there's really no reason we can't have them

New-England-Patriots-cheerleaders-AP_294899994851.jpg

Cincinnati-Bengals-Ben-Gals-cheerleaders-AP_16353680818488.jpg

I think Virginia stopped it in the 80's because she didn't like the sexiness/slight butt cheek blah blah aspect of da womenz being exploited, nothing to do with the cold.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Honey Bears had their final performance in Super Bowl XX in the Superdome in New Orleans,[6] performing at halftime to Prince's song Baby I'm a Star. After the game, the Honey Bears were terminated, due to Virginia Halas McCaskey's belief that they were sexist and degrading to women (she called them "sex objects"), as well as them costing up to $50,000 a season.[5] General manager Jerry Vainisi stated that the team could possibly replace the squad with a high school band, despite having not done so.[7] The other factor in the squad's termination, Michael McCaskey, stated that the squad is not an acceptable part of the gameday experience.[8]

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Despite numerous attempts to bring back the Honey Bears and fan polls supporting the squad 3–1, Virginia McCaskey has let it be known the Bears will not have cheerleaders as long as she owns the team. A small group of Bears fans created an unofficial Honey Bears who appeared at the team's training camp in 2010 as part of the unofficial web page to bring back the squad, which also has petitions that fans can sign to bring back the group.[14][15]

A year after the squad's disbanding, a producer named Greg Schwartz trademarked the name, purchased a federal registration, and eventually turned the once-cheerleading squad into a song and dance group.[16] The group has performed for various Fortune 500 companies and has done modelling.[17]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Why have cheerleaders when you have a peanut gallery?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Some cheerleaders aren't employed jobs, they're considered volunteers.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's also widely known scuttlebutt that old bag Virginia's son Mike was having a bit too much fun with the HoneyBears, as were some of the players, which despite the most recent SB win, pissed of old dusty Virginia something fierce.

Raising far more $$ for charity than the pennies on the dollar $50k for minimal expenses, there still won't be any cheerleaders in Soldier Field until she passes.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I prefer the no cheerleader image we have right now. It has the old school, no-nonsense type of image.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Honey Bears had their final performance in Super Bowl XX in the Superdome in New Orleans,[6] performing at halftime to Prince's song Baby I'm a Star. After the game, the Honey Bears were terminated, due to Virginia Halas McCaskey's belief that they were sexist and degrading to women (she called them "sex objects"), as well as them costing up to $50,000 a season.[5] General manager Jerry Vainisi stated that the team could possibly replace the squad with a high school band, despite having not done so.[7] The other factor in the squad's termination, Michael McCaskey, stated that the squad is not an acceptable part of the gameday experience.[8]

I know it's wrong to hate on old women..... but damn Virginia, have you done ANYTHING right as owner of the Bears?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I prefer the no cheerleader image we have right now. It has the old school, no-nonsense type of image.

^^^^^ Meat ball alert......meat ball alert.....

You know what would REALLY portray the old school image????

Winning, like the Bears used to do before Ginny ran this team into the fucking ground.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish they would have done it 5 years ago!! Would have been a great distraction to the crap that was being displayed between the lines.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
^^^^^ Meat ball alert......meat ball alert.....

You know what would REALLY portray the old school image????

Winning, like the Bears used to do before Ginny ran this team into the fucking ground.

Yeah.... exactly. Which proves my point. Stop worrying about cheerleaders, and worry about winning games and playing football first.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Despite numerous attempts to bring back the Honey Bears and fan polls supporting the squad 3–1, Virginia McCaskey has let it be known the Bears will not have cheerleaders as long as she owns the team. A small group of Bears fans created an unofficial Honey Bears who appeared at the team's training camp in 2010 as part of the unofficial web page to bring back the squad, which also has petitions that fans can sign to bring back the group.[14][15]

A year after the squad's disbanding, a producer named Greg Schwartz trademarked the name, purchased a federal registration, and eventually turned the once-cheerleading squad into a song and dance group.[16] The group has performed for various Fortune 500 companies and has done modelling.[17]

Ok how many women do the bears hire them? Or what %

I’m going to take a wild guess and say 5% women 95% men

Adding a cheerleader squad not only adds 15 more women to your payroll, but it also creates new opprotunities for managing/scheduling/photography