Is Jay Cutler salary cap hit, the problem everyone proclaims it to be?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How can you possibly argue it was the "right" move when Emery's decision to hitch his wagon to Cutler with that completely undeserved contract cost him his job?

Who's to say it would be worse. They're both currently out playing him so its just as likely the team would the same or better with the added cost saving benefit.

No, I mean it was the right move by Pace to keep Cutler over signing a journeyman who at anytime could turn to shit.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you possibly argue it was the "right" move when Emery's decision to hitch his wagon to Cutler with that completely undeserved contract cost him his job?

Who's to say it would be worse. They're both currently out playing him so its just as likely the team would the same or better with the added cost saving benefit.

Pretty sure it wasn't any one thing that cost him his job. He had a bunch of errors that contributed to it.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's sweeten the pot.

Losers have to pick up the tab at Alinea.
How about Dorsia?

As long as they serve alcohol because I am going to drink a ton of whiskey with Mick.

(Broc and I can sneak out for "smoke" breaks)

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, I mean it was the right move by Pace to keep Cutler over signing a journeyman who at anytime could turn to shit.

I was in the franchise Cutler and sign Mccown to a two year deal camp

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think Pace really had much of a choice. Emery completely tied Pace's hands since no team in their right mind would want to take on that contract. They tried to move him, nobody bit, and thus they resigned themselves to being stuck with Cutler until they can part ways without eating a ton of money (probably after the 2016 season when the dead money is only $2m). Which is why I would imagine we'll see Pace (god willing) draft a QB early this year. If whoever they draft is good enough to start right away, great, Cutler can be an expensive backup for one season. If the new QB isn't ready day 1, let Cutler play out his final year here and start the new kid in 2017.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Out playing him how? With the stats you choose to see and the ones you choose to ignore? Would you be cool if Cutler had one less turnover than td and a losing record? Nope you would be on here crying about it

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace really had much of a choice. Emery completely tied Pace's hands since no team in their right mind would want to take on that contract. They tried to move him, nobody bit, and thus they resigned themselves to being stuck with Cutler until they can part ways without eating a ton of money (probably after the 2016 season when the dead money is only $2m). Which is why I would imagine we'll see Pace (god willing) draft a QB early this year. If whoever they draft is good enough to start right away, great, Cutler can be an expensive backup for one season. If the new QB isn't ready day 1, let Cutler play out his final year here and start the new kid in 2017.

Isn't everybody in this camp though? How is this even a debate when everyone already knows it is time to move on from Cutler?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
How about Dorsia?

As long as they serve alcohol because I am going to drink a ton of whiskey with Mick.

(Broc and I can sneak out for "smoke" breaks)

But that is in New York right? Alinea was ranked like the number 1 restaurant in the US and 8th in the world at one point.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

They will not be drafting a qb high in this draft. Quote me in your sig, it's not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that is in New York right? Alinea was ranked like the number 1 restaurant in the US and 8th in the world at one point.
Too classy for a bunch of MB geeks...so I love it. Alinea it is.

Now who has the volleyball court?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will not be drafting a qb high in this draft. Quote me in your sig, it's not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the second round count?

I think this will be a lot like 2014 where a lot of good prospects will not go Day One.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Fuck that. $600 gnocchi at spiaggia

True story.

A friend of mine won tickets from his work to go there. Yes, you buy tickets like 6 months in advance lol. Anyway, at the end of the 15 course meal which is predetermined (you don't order anything yourself) he was so hungry, he ended up going to McDonalds. LMAO.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We took my mom there for her birthday. I hadn't checked the prices on the menu until we got there. By then it was too late.

But the gnocchi was seriously fucking amazing.

They used to have an a la carte menu. I heard they might be bringing it back. Actually, no, they had a la carte when I was there.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Damn, we usually just take our mom to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday. 20 bucks a person.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Next time i'm taking her to kumas

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't everybody in this camp though? How is this even a debate when everyone already knows it is time to move on from Cutler?

Your boy Despbro clearly didn't get the memo...