Is keeping Jimmy Butler going to be an issue?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
jimmy-butler-bad-shirt.jpg

M.V.P.

:jimmybuckets:

Jimmy G Buckets aka "PMW"

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Thompson's a better outside shooter but beyond that, Butler is well better. Like I said earlier, you can say Thompson's stretches the defense but that's easily offset by Butler causing opponents to accumulate fouls. I think people saying Thompson are swayed by some form of cache, whether it's the nickname (Splash Brothers), that Thompson has been doing it on offense longer, or whatever. I'll take the higher shooting % + the free throws over the 3s. BTW, If you exclude 3 point shooting, Butlers FG% is 52.6% while Thompson's is 46.5.

And Butlers style of play is like 23s.

Please stop comparing Butler to Jordan...Butler is having a great year, but just....stop.

Liked Posts:
For me it was actually the way Thompson dominated FIBA and was one of the big stars for team U.S.A. along with Irving, Faried, Davis, Curry, and Harden. I was impressed with where his game is. He is also an interesting case, because he would be the best 3 point shooter on about 25 teams, but is still young. He plays with Curry and so the volume of 3's they shoot is insane, the difficulty of the shots is insane. I live on west coast time and see them a bit more perhaps. Thompson should have been traded for 2-3 years ago when Golden State was even considering it. I forget who was on the table and who we wouldn't part with, but the price wasn't crazy. It might have been Mirotic though and the front office wisely stuck with Jimmy. 12 million seems silly now. I'm surprised we even had 10 million to offer, don't understand the cap at all. This better have a happy ending.

Would you say playing Curry opens up shots for him?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ning-for-top-of-the-nbas-shooting-guard-class

This article was written back in November, but I agree with the witers assessment that Jimmy has a higher ceiling. Dude is just a top flight athlete.

His size, strength, explosiveness, and toughness can really make him the "LeBron" of 2 guards. Hi bball IQ, defense, and passing, is already there.

And while that is about 20 levels below being the Jordan of 2 guards, (that was the impossible manifested in reality anyway) I'll take it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Shut up and go learn how to read, you mouth breather.

Like I said, stop....I could tell you to "shut the fuck up"...seems more appropriate given your dumb ass opinion. But I'll be nice since you are coming off as a head case

I take it you are what...15? Probably didn't see a lot of Jordan...if you did, you're an idiot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why any thought to who is the better player? Just appreciate how much Butler has transitioned from a borderline draft pick into an all-star in three years. That is my bottom line.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think the only reason to compare the players will be because of the contract Thompson got, and his standing as the best 2 way player at his position going into the season. I guarantee you Bulls' brass is looking at comparisons...

Liked Posts:
Like I said, stop....I could tell you to "shut the fuck up"...seems more appropriate given your dumb ass opinion. But I'll be nice since you are coming off as a head case

I take it you are what...15? Probably didn't see a lot of Jordan...if you did, you're an idiot.

Learn how to read you clueless Special person.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Learn how to read you clueless Special person.

"And Butlers style of play is like 23s."

Either you are comparing Butler to Jordan...or Lebron James...or you think...Butler plays basketball like Ryne Sandberg (???).

I can read fairly well. Learn basketball goofball. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
real talk Jimmy is almost playing at a MVP level

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

they should have never came out and said this the first time and def not said it again

now Jimmy think hes done enough and can play it safe for the rest of the season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they should have never came out and said this

now Jimmy think hes done enough and can play it safe for the rest of the season
lol, thats silly. If Jimmy stops playing, the Bulls will maybe rethink what kind of personality he has.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
lol, thats silly. If Jimmy stops playing, the Bulls will maybe rethink what kind of personality he has.

after they said that the first time Jimmy took a step backwards

he started settling for jumpshots instead of attacking

it could be thibs overpaying him but after that report he didn't seem as aggressive

Liked Posts:
On top of that teams may just throw absurd amounts of money at him knowing the Bulls will match and have them in cap hell for years

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On top of that teams may just throw absurd amounts of money at him knowing the Bulls will match and have them in cap hell for years
We can offer him more money than anyone else anyway so I'm not sure how that's relevant if they were going to offer the max anyway.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

i don't think thats a problem but if he feels secure he'll ease off the gas a bit

not saying he'll stop trying totally but in the back of his mind he's telling himself to take it easy until that contract is signed....this is a business after all so his best interest is in mind

diving into traffic and hitting the floor like a ton of bricks isn't the best idea with 80m in balance