Is Mel Kiper hinting that Poles is anti-social?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
'While Poles hasn’t shown the finesse as an erudite social negotiator with his peers and subordinates, he has demonstrated a special skill set for demolishing a franchise for a rebuild.'

Is this supposed to be a compliment?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness, I mean, you guys have heard him talk.

Definitely an awkward guy who conversation doesn't come naturally to. Doesn't mean he can't be a good GM, but I'm fine with calling a spade a spade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all seriousness, I mean, you guys have heard him talk.

Definitely an awkward guy who conversation doesn't come naturally to. Doesn't mean he can't be a good GM, but I'm fine with calling a spade a spade.
Really? Wow!

In regards to the OP,
1. Poles signed both those guys in FA before he lost them to circumstance.
2. Like the trade or not, Poles made the trade for Claypool in a bidding war against other teams.
3. Mr. Antisocial made 4 trades in his 1st draft as GM.
4. He's been 100 x more personable and forthcoming than our previous GM.
5. Roquan's contract was not a 'good deal' from a team perspective. Is that top pay LB in the Pro Bowl?
6. Kiper never said that, Mr Bait and Switch. He decided to have zero trades in his 1st mock.

It's ludicrous to even suggest that a sincere, well connected, personable executive like Poles is antisocial. This one's content is actually as bad as the title and actually worse than the usual clickbait titles that sometimes have viable suppositions.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He's been 100 x more personable and forthcoming than our last GM.
Lol, no.

Poles has a chance to be many times a better GM than Pace, but Poles clearly struggles talking in front of a group and being personable. Have you heard him in radio interviews and press conferences? He's clearly not comfortable---It does not come natural to him the way it does for a lot of execs.

Compare that to Pace, who sucked and was full of shit, but knew how to spin a yarn, flow with a conversation and knew beat reporters' kids.

Again, none of that is to say Poles can't be a better GM than Pace. But if someone is asking whether Poles is anti-social, there's enough evidence that such a question isn't an outlandish out-of-left-field thing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol, no.

Poles has a chance to be many times a better GM than Pace, but Poles clearly struggles talking in front of a group and being personable. Have you heard him in radio interviews and press conferences? He's clearly not comfortable---It does not come natural to him the way it does for a lot of execs.

Compare that to Pace, who sucked and was full of shit, but knew how to spin a yarn, flow with a conversation and knew beat reporters' kids.

Again, none of that is to say Poles can't be a better GM than Pace. But if someone is asking whether Poles is anti-social, there's enough evidence that such a question isn't an outlandish out-of-left-field thing.
WOW. I guess you prefer platitudes and bullshit to actual considered speech with some content to actually answer a question. Listen to any beat guy or podcast about the comparison and they've all mentioned it.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Will you get off of the Fucking racist shit! Probably would not be as many race problems if people would not keep pumping that shit out of their mouths!
It's funny you randomly say this to @knoxville7 yet I've never seen you be this bothered when @greg23 does it, and if you look at his post history (let me know if you need help with that) he does that in like 50% of his posts minimum.

What's the difference?

Is it because @knoxville7 isn't a CaC?