Is Mirotic better than K.Love?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved watching these two go after each other yesterday. Niko is at least an inch taller and has even longer arms, a quicker step, better handles, and looks a little faster running the full court.

Lebron actually looked discouraged yesterday with about 4 minutes left and down by ten. He looked like a man with a sore back who is watching a talent laden star show of shooters on his thorny nemesis he has always just barely been able to suppress.

We have a Noah. They have Varejo. We have Gasol. They Mosgov. Mirotic/Love. Butler/Lebron. Irving/rose.

But Lebron has been warned that our bench might be able to shoot the pants off his bench, and he didn't look too pleased. Mo Williams shot them back into it because we got cold, so Lebron feigned some interest but you could see he had deep concern about what he was seeing last night.

A Bulls team with an offense and shooters, but still having Rose-Butler-Gibson-Noah

We looked noticeably younger than them last night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 and 8 as a rookie for a month when given the type of opportunity love had in minny all those years. He matched up well last night. I guess I'm on the k love is overrated team, might be a bit ahead of myself here. Got sober a few days ago so....fail. Rask need drugs

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
People are in Love with Love, apparently. Some make it sound like Niko is a bust compared to Love. I don't care if Love is better than Niko, but Niko brings to the table for the Bulls exactly what Love does for the Cavs, and for a whole lot less money.

If you measured their stats per dollar, Niko would be a much better player. Niko put up a better stat line last night against Love, and I'd bet that their stat lines are similar moving forward throughout the season.

I said two years ago that the Bulls were better off bringing in Niko rather than paying for Love in FA'cy, and I'm a Love fan.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 and 8 as a rookie for a month when given the type of opportunity love had in minny all those years. He matched up well last night. I guess I'm on the k love is overrated team, might be a bit ahead of myself here. Got sober a few days ago so....fail. Rask need drugs

So this us what you come up with when you're sober?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Maybe for now, but once KLove enters that dunk contest, there is no chance Niko is better.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People are in Love with Love, apparently.
What people?

Some make it sound like Niko is a bust compared to Love.

Who said that?

I don't care if Love is better than Niko, but Niko brings to the table for the Bulls exactly what Love does for the Cavs, and for a whole lot less money.
Love's been in the league a lot longer than Niko. Niko could command more money than Love in a few years and we won't be able to say that.

If you measured their stats per dollar, Niko would be a much better player.
But they aren't, and its not fair to either.

Niko put up a better stat line last night against Love, and I'd bet that their stat lines are similar moving forward throughout the season.

Good for him, but one game means nothing.

I said two years ago that the Bulls were better off bringing in Niko rather than paying for Love in FA'cy, and I'm a Love fan.
Good for you. I personally don't think Love is the difference between a championship or not, but he's a solid player to have. I think his defensive liability is an issue though along with health, we shall see what occurs this season.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are gonna compare LeBron to anybody, can you at least compare him to Durant or something? Not freakin Butler.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What people? Who said that?

Well, it was you with the 1st response of face palming the OP. I didn't quote anyone on anything. It was implied with ridiculous responses.

Love's been in the league a lot longer than Niko. Niko could command more money than Love in a few years and we won't be able to say that. But they aren't, and its not fair to either.

The point was that the Bulls were better off bringing in Niko for a lot less money rather than spending a max offer for Love in FA'cy. It had nothing to do with how much Niko might make later, or how long Love's been in the league. Furthermore, their salary has everything to do with the situation.

Had we signed Love, we wouldn't have Pau, and possibly might not have been able to re-sign Butler...who knows, all while Niko gives us similar production that Love would have given us.

Good for him, but one game means nothing.

Yes, it was just one game, and as I said, I'd bet their stats are similar in the end. I made absolutely no reference that one game means everything.

Good for you. I personally don't think Love is the difference between a championship or not, but he's a solid player to have. I think his defensive liability is an issue though along with health, we shall see what occurs this season.

All points I made in my post two years ago when everyone wanted us to trade whoever in order to sign him to a max deal in FA'cy. If you didn't figure it out, I was agreeing with the OP.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are gonna compare LeBron to anybody, can you at least compare him to Durant or something? Not freakin Butler.

I was comparing Cleveland's roster with the Bulls. You want me to match Lebron to Dunleavy or Snell? No...Butler is our counter, but our bigs are better and deeper.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
its too early to say but i don't think its impossible that this could be true one day

not sure he'll ever rebound quite as well but maybe he makes up for it on defense

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Niko has a big year and keeps improving. I think he can be an all-star player.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully Niko has a big year and keeps improving. I think he can be an all-star player.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Yeah...my point is kinda put Niko on those Timberwolves team, and if not this year, then by next year he would start making all-star teams. He will never out rebound Master Love, few players ever have. However, he has a good game and its possible by playing his role he can have an equal impact on the game. He's younger. He would have to have shin cancer to miss more games,

and I guess I wasn't really serious. I was just curious if it was close to time we could even discuss it.

That said, I'm not sure he can statistically make a case on this loaded Bulls roster for all-star. It might take him a while to get that recognition.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I felt the reaction you got was a little strong. Obviously head to head, Love is better. But he is at a different point in his career. Like Air Gordon said, I don't think it's crazy to think Miro can grow to be as good or better than Love.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, it was you with the 1st response of face palming the OP. I didn't quote anyone on anything. It was implied with ridiculous responses.
Thats because the idea that Niko is better than Kevin Love right now is preposterous.

The point was that the Bulls were better off bringing in Niko for a lot less money rather than spending a max offer for Love in FA'cy. It had nothing to do with how much Niko might make later, or how long Love's been in the league. Furthermore, their salary has everything to do with the situation.
Good for them and their salaries. The Bulls also probably knew Love wouldn't sign here in free agency.

Had we signed Love, we wouldn't have Pau, and possibly might not have been able to re-sign Butler...who knows, all while Niko gives us similar production that Love would have given us.

The Bulls would re-sign Butler. That was never going to be a question. Pau, you're right , would not be here. TO me that would matter if we had Kevin Love.

Love's production is only down by the numbers due to the fact he plays with two other All-Stars and is now part of a relatively stacked team. Until they prove otherwise, they are more stacked and rounded out than the Bulls.

Yes, it was just one game, and as I said, I'd bet their stats are similar in the end. I made absolutely no reference that one game means everything.
Well may your bets be correct. For now, I'm sticking with Love is better than Niko.

All points I made in my post two years ago when everyone wanted us to trade whoever in order to sign him to a max deal in FA'cy. If you didn't figure it out, I was agreeing with the OP.

Most fans want results right now. Most intelligent fans think we need another Superstar... Nothing I've seen from Niko yet say to me he will be an NBA superstar. Perhaps I'll be wrong, we shall see. I wouldn't say Love is a Superstar either, but he's a proven All-Star.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
He's got the potential to be, but for now, Love is the better player.