Is Mirotic better than K.Love?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was some sick shooting tonight toward the end. Mitotic showing some range. I don't like to see that as it seems unnecessary, but ok. He had some ugly shots early so it evened out.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
its too early to say but i don't think its impossible that this could be true one day

not sure he'll ever rebound quite as well but maybe he makes up for it on defense

I feel like he's an underrated rebounder. It's only been 2 games but he's rebounded the ball pretty well so far 9 against the Cavs and 9 against the Nets.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rebounding stats =/= rebounding skill

But his BBall IQ is there, because he has made some quality adjustments. Just don't expect him to start tapping balls out of the hands of players that miss their timing by a split second.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 and 8 as a rookie for a month when given the type of opportunity love had in minny all those years. He matched up well last night. I guess I'm on the k love is overrated team, might be a bit ahead of myself here. Got sober a few days ago so....fail. Rask need drugs

20 and 8 for a month at age 23 apparently outweighs Love going for 26 and 13 for an entire season at age 23.

:clap:

For christ sakes. At Age 22 Mirotic was playing in Europe and Love was leading the NBA in RPG.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
20 and 8 as a rookie for a month when given the type of opportunity love had in minny all those years. He matched up well last night. I guess I'm on the k love is overrated team, might be a bit ahead of myself here. Got sober a few days ago so....fail. Rask need drugs
Key 3 words right there.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
All of this nonsense over a 2 point victory in the regular season? It's like some Bulls fans have the memory of a goldfish.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It's the delusional hope that is required of a Chicago sports fan. Just ask a cubs fan.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Duh.

Kinda like all those people who thought all our regular season victories vs LeBron mattered.
Well the first time it happened we thought it meant we could at least compete. Turned out to be not as true as we thought. Idk what the excuse we had afterwards.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I loved watching these two go after each other yesterday. Niko is at least an inch taller and has even longer arms, a quicker step, better handles, and looks a little faster running the full court.

Lebron actually looked discouraged yesterday with about 4 minutes left and down by ten. He looked like a man with a sore back who is watching a talent laden star show of shooters on his thorny nemesis he has always just barely been able to suppress.

We have a Noah. They have Varejo. We have Gasol. They Mosgov. Mirotic/Love. Butler/Lebron. Irving/rose.

But Lebron has been warned that our bench might be able to shoot the pants off his bench, and he didn't look too pleased. Mo Williams shot them back into it because we got cold, so Lebron feigned some interest but you could see he had deep concern about what he was seeing last night.

A Bulls team with an offense and shooters, but still having Rose-Butler-Gibson-Noah

We looked noticeably younger than them last night.

You don't know shit about Lebron if you think that. He doesn't give a damn about Chicago. Its the same roster he beat last year...by himself! Lol...unbelievable...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niko is a better shooter. I think that if the stars align, and he plays to the absolute peak of his potential, he could be a Dirk light. Maybe I am selling him short. I am a huge Niko fan tho. I think he has a good chance at making the All Star team. He will have good averages, and be on a winning team. Esp now that he is starting.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't know shit about Lebron if you think that. He doesn't give a damn about Chicago. Its the same roster he beat last year...by himself! Lol...unbelievable...
I don't think LeBron was worried about the Bulls, as much as he is looking at the adjustments the Cavs need to make. Different coaches, different offenses. We know the Bulls will wind up as the 1 or 2 seed in the East barring any key injuries. The question is, will the offense take that leap forward that we are expecting, while figuring out the defense by season's end. I believe that talent wise, the Bulls have more than enough to compete with any team in the NBA. But it all needs to come together.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 and 8 for a month at age 23 apparently outweighs Love going for 26 and 13 for an entire season at age 23.

:clap:

For christ sakes. At Age 22 Mirotic was playing in Europe and Love was leading the NBA in RPG.
. It's extremely hard to compare because of surrounding talent. Love wasn't rebounding 13 per game next to gasol. I'm asking what makes Kevin Love better than Niko right now? What does he do? He looks shorter, slower, and I'm not so sure he is a better shooter but he does have better shot selection. His post game is superior, his offensive understanding and defensive positioning? I think it's damn close. He was the player I compared him to based on euro clips as opposed to Nowitski.

I greatly enjoyed viewing the head to head and Niko getting the better of him on that night.,

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the first time it happened we thought it meant we could at least compete. Turned out to be not as true as we thought. Idk what the excuse we had afterwards.

We played some damn close series against the Heat. You guys just seem disheartened by a bad break or two. We were a layup away from going up 3-1 on the Heat. We got edged in 7 by a Celtics team that got edged in 7 by them. Yeah, we came up short when it mattered, but you all act like we were miles away. The core minus Deng is still here and still has unfinished business. I guarantee the players think we have a chance and we are going to raise hell to the best of our ability.
If you aren't encouraged by seeing the same core running actual offense and reigning threes I don't know what to tell you. When gasol and Rose get going, and Noah Gibson shake of the rust, this team is freaking awesome.

It's time to get excited and root with our hearts, believe like fans do. Cuz it's going to come down to a single basket, a free throw, or a turnover. We can do it. Nobody wants to face us if playoffs started today as currently constructed. Shit happens, injuries happen, but management has done a fantastic job.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I feel like he's an underrated rebounder. It's only been 2 games but he's rebounded the ball pretty well so far 9 against the Cavs and 9 against the Nets.

hes certainly not a bad rebounder but Love could grab 15 in his sleep

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think LeBron was worried about the Bulls, as much as he is looking at the adjustments the Cavs need to make. Different coaches, different offenses. We know the Bulls will wind up as the 1 or 2 seed in the East barring any key injuries. The question is, will the offense take that leap forward that we are expecting, while figuring out the defense by season's end. I believe that talent wise, the Bulls have more than enough to compete with any team in the NBA. But it all needs to come together. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I think Lebron is worried about his back and the Western Conference. He's dominated the East for damn near 10 years now. He's eliminated the Bulls 4 times since 2010. Yet the Bulls are one of only 3 teams that have a winning record against him...during the regular season over the last 5 years or so. Its like another poster being so outraged when Lebron called a game against the Bulls a "trap game". He ain't checkin' for Chicago Bulls players. I don't think they've earned his respect on that level.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Lebron is worried about his back and the Western Conference. He's dominated the East for damn near 10 years now. He's eliminated the Bulls 4 times since 2010. Yet the Bulls are one of only 3 teams that have a winning record against him...during the regular season over the last 5 years or so. Its like another poster being so outraged when Lebron called a game against the Bulls a "trap game". He ain't checkin' for Chicago Bulls players. I don't think they've earned his respect on that level.
I think LeBron respects the Bulls. You make it sound as though LeBron only feels like he needs to peek his head out of the locker room, and the Cavs sweep. He plays his hardest ball against the Bulls every post season in the Rose era. I think the Bulls come playoff time, will be better suited this season to challenge LeBron than last (barring injury). Will it be enough? That is why they play the games. The Cavs are the favorite to win the East, and will be up to the point that they are eliminated-if they are eliminated. With that, the Cavs are not the Heat. LeBron is the only scary player on that team. Rose showed last season that when it boils down to it, he can take Kyrie out of the picture. That was with a rusty Rose. I fully expect Rose to completely dominate Kyrie this season, (again, barring injury).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think LeBron respects the Bulls. You make it sound as though LeBron only feels like he needs to peek his head out of the locker room, and the Cavs sweep. He plays his hardest ball against the Bulls every post season in the Rose era. I think the Bulls come playoff time, will be better suited this season to challenge LeBron than last (barring injury). Will it be enough? That is why they play the games. The Cavs are the favorite to win the East, and will be up to the point that they are eliminated-if they are eliminated. With that, the Cavs are not the Heat. LeBron is the only scary player on that team. Rose showed last season that when it boils down to it, he can take Kyrie out of the picture. That was with a rusty Rose. I fully expect Rose to completely dominate Kyrie this season, (again, barring injury).

I don't think you've seen much Kyrie Irving. Irving may be the best scoring pg in the league outside of Curry and Westbrook. Rose isn't shutting him down. Hell, Rose didn't shut him down in the playoffs last year...not that I remember. So the idea of the point guard who is just not getting used to going to the basket on a routine basis again...manhandling Kyrie Irving...is over the top.