Is Mitch already better than Jay Cutler?

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I was a Cutler homer for a lot of years but to be honest what has he really done as a bear that is better than what Mitch did last week? Jay has faced worse defenses than Tampa Bay numerous times in his career but has never had the game Mitch has. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think Mitch is already a better QB than Cutler?

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
What has Cutler done that was better than Mitch throwing 6 TDs in a week 4 game? Geting us to the NFC Championship was cool (Despite how it ended)

Also that 3 year run where cutler was 27-13 as a starter

If what we've seen of Trubisky up to this point happened to be his ceiling, I'd take 2010-2012 Cutler over him any day, so no I can't say that Mitch right now is better than Jay in his prime.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler threads today are popular.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is not quite there yet. A few more performances like last week with the stat line looking like this:

24/32, 380 yards, 3 TDs, 0-1 INT, 100+ rating

Then yes, he will be better than Cutler, after another season under his belt, or two.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no

But all Trubs has to do is show tangible evidence of improving over a season and he will be better. Its not about comparing numbers. Its about Trubs showing that he can learn and grow consistently over a long period of games, something Cutler never did. Hopefully we see that from Trubs over this year.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
no

But all Trubs has to do is show tangible evidence of improving over a season and he will be better. Its not about comparing numbers. Its about Trubs showing that he can learn and grow consistently over a long period of games, something Cutler never did. Hopefully we see that from Trubs over this year.

cutlerhereyougo.gif

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Talent-wise? Probably not. Cutler had the most wasted talent ever. However, Trubisky works harder than Cutler did and has a stronger thirst. I'll take that guy any day.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The only advantage that Cutler has is pure arm strength. Mitch is a way better athlete and throws a more catchable ball. So to me it balances out.

I get the feeling that Mitch will pass up Jay Cutler in the next few years as the best Bears single season QB.

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
I was a Cutler homer for a lot of years but to be honest what has he really done as a bear that is better than what Mitch did last week? Jay has faced worse defenses than Tampa Bay numerous times in his career but has never had the game Mitch has. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think Mitch is already a better QB than Cutler?

He's not better now and he may not be better in the future, but this much is certain: It won't be because of a lack of work ethic. MT approaches the game the right way and is a much better teammate than Cutty ever was.