Is Mitch already better than Jay Cutler?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Mitch is already a better QB than Cutler?

Mitch isn't a self-destructive douchebag so yes, clearly he's already better than Cutler.

Raw talent is irrelevant when you don't care and do nothing with it. (See: Jay Cutler's entire career)

I legit can't think of a more overrated QB that's done so little than Jay Cutler. His list of "accomplishments" are a fucking joke. Literally the only reason he's in the Bears record books is because they're the only team in the league that would coddle Cutler as their starting QB for 8 straight years despite being a chronic disappointment.

His 8 year's in Chicago aren't even pedestrian by today's standards: 102 GS, 51-51 record, 229 yards/game, 154 Tds (1.5/g), 109 Ints (1.01/g), 85.2 rating. What exactly are we supposed to be impressed with here? Give Mitch 8 years and he'll shit on these numbers.

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
This was my whole point when I created this thread. Cutlers numbers are not very impressive and he turned the ball over way too often. To me it’s seems that Mitch is already on his way to being a much better QB

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Eh the Bears aren't the only team who would coddle some substandard QB. Bortles and Prescott both don't deserve to be starters, maybe even the league, yet neither is in any remote danger of being replaced this year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch is already better than Dak Prescott...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With Jay you had good Jay and bad Jay, same thing with Rex, they were capable of greatness and mind numbing suckage. With those guys I never knew what to expect, I don't remember anyone ever claiming to have any way to predict what the Bears could expect from these guys from one game to another.

I don't think Mitch is like that, it's not good Mitch, bad Mitch, it's clean pocket Mitch (Tampa) versus Mitch getting pressure (most games). Anyone looking objectively at Mitch game tape see's a guy that does not handle pressure well at all. But like most NFL QB's, if you give him a clean pocket, he will kill you.

Are the Bears capable of providing Mitch with a clean pocket week in and week out, of course not, no team is. I understand this is hard for some of you to hear, I guess I must hate Mitch. Let's see as the season goes on, how will Mitch handle pressure, because he will see some, can we schedule Tampa a few more times?

Better than Cutler, in a clean pocket sure, under pressure, not yet. At least with Mole-Eye the drastic swings are more predictable, Jay and Rex seemed random.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's funny, cause just 3 weeks ago the entire board was labeling Trubisky BUST. he has 1 phenomenal game and the entire tide changes like that. this place is beyond bipolar, it's like tripolar.

what's also funny is Broc's little jealous ex-girlfriend thing while I continue to point out him and despbro may as well have had hands locked for about 3 years with their love for Cutler until the absurd Emery deal made that a not-acceptable thing to do anymore. I liked Jay Cutler too, but I'm not parading around doing a 180 and trying to fit in with the in-crowd of dickhead haters in the present day. I'll also maintain that no other quarterback could have been successful within the parameters that dude had to operate in. those are the kind of teams that could fuck up Rodgers or Brady (both system guys I might add, that didn't have the blessing of learning a new offense every year)

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Impossible to say - so far Trubs hasn’t won or lost many games when Cutler did both virtually by himself with regularity. Mitch has mostly played as a game manager in vanilla offences built to ensure he doesn’t turn the ball over, and the result of that is he’s fairly low on TDs (until Tampa) and turnovers. Cutler was very hit or miss but it always averaged out to a consistent low to mid eighties passer rating. I think in Nagy’s offence Trubs has the potential to be a lot better (and with this defence to go to the playoffs more regularly) but he hasn’t proven or achieved anything tangible yet.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
No.
But if Mitch learns to recognize a hot play & to locate the hot receiver he will instantly become better than Cutler as it took Cutler like 5 yrs as a Bear before I ever saw him do that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Impossible to say - so far Trubs hasn’t won or lost many games when Cutler did both virtually by himself with regularity. Mitch has mostly played as a game manager in vanilla offences built to ensure he doesn’t turn the ball over, and the result of that is he’s fairly low on TDs (until Tampa) and turnovers. Cutler was very hit or miss but it always averaged out to a consistent low to mid eighties passer rating. I think in Nagy’s offence Trubs has the potential to be a lot better (and with this defence to go to the playoffs more regularly) but he hasn’t proven or achieved anything tangible yet.

Cutler's career rating is 85.3. Mitch's is 84.3. What he does from here on out will determine the answer to this thread but if I had a choice of which I want on this team, the current Trubs or early Bears Cutler, I take Mitch. Really too early to know but it's looking good.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
It takes some young QBs a few years to get adjusted to the NFL defenses. Look at Alex Smith and Drew Brees. Let go by their original franchises. They gave up on those two guys. They ended up being fine, especially Brees.

It happens. Mitch might be one of those guys that needs a few years and will otherwise be fine overall.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Cutler's career rating is 85.3. Mitch's is 84.3. What he does far here on out will determine the answer to this thread but if I had a choice of which I want on this team, the current Trubs or early Bears Cutler, I take Mitch.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
With Jay you had good Jay and bad Jay, same thing with Rex, they were capable of greatness and mind numbing suckage. With those guys I never knew what to expect, I don't remember anyone ever claiming to have any way to predict what the Bears could expect from these guys from one game to another.

I don't think Mitch is like that, it's not good Mitch, bad Mitch, it's clean pocket Mitch (Tampa) versus Mitch getting pressure (most games). Anyone looking objectively at Mitch game tape see's a guy that does not handle pressure well at all. But like most NFL QB's, if you give him a clean pocket, he will kill you.

Are the Bears capable of providing Mitch with a clean pocket week in and week out, of course not, no team is. I understand this is hard for some of you to hear, I guess I must hate Mitch. Let's see as the season goes on, how will Mitch handle pressure, because he will see some, can we schedule Tampa a few more times?

Better than Cutler, in a clean pocket sure, under pressure, not yet. At least with Mole-Eye the drastic swings are more predictable, Jay and Rex seemed random.

I don't remember good Jay bad Jay.
I remember good Jay with some WTF Jay!!! sprinkled in anywhere, any time, but usually at the worst time possible. The bad Jay I remember was concussed Jay from a crap oline and a crap OC who couldn't adjust his plan to the players on the field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds about right. I suspect Mitch will be consistently better starting next year but I really don't think we'll have the full picture until 2020.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I don't remember good Jay bad Jay.
I remember good Jay with some WTF Jay!!! sprinkled in anywhere, any time, but usually at the worst time possible. The bad Jay I remember was concussed Jay from a crap oline and a crap OC who couldn't adjust his plan to the players on the field.

Not sure what was meant by "good Jay"...he almost never had 'big games' while at Chicago. A 300 yard game or a 3 TD performance was ultra-rare. Jay played 104 games with the Bears...only twice did he have a 300-yard/3 TD game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not sure what was meant by "good Jay"...he almost never had 'big games' while at Chicago. A 300 yard game or a 3 TD performance was ultra-rare. Jay played 104 games with the Bears...only twice did he have a 300-yard/3 TD game.

Looking at his stats I could see an argument for good Jay bad Jay by ratings, but NFL.com sucks now so it's not practical to click through everything to look at what happened in the games to get reminded.

me654

Liked Posts:
Ill just say that for the first time in 4 decades Chicago has finally put their QB in a situation to be successful....how about that?

me654

Liked Posts:

under what offensive system though? Thats important to know. he was a pro bowler until coming to Chicago....js

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Ill just say that for the first time in 4 decades Chicago has finally put their QB in a situation to be successful....how about that?

Josh McCown seemed to be put into a good situation...Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bennett.