Is the Lovie Decision already made?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will bet you $1,000.00 that Lovie Smith will be fired Monday December 31st at 11:00AM CST. We can exchange PayPal accounts. Listen to Chicago sports radio at 11AM on Monday.....

That would be amazing.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
There is a 100% chance Lovie Smith will get fired on Monday.

It will happen at 11AM and you will hear it break on ESPN1000AM and 670AM The Score at the same time.

Will this happen even after a possible Bear's win? I mean if you know so much, then you should have at least some sense about who's gonna replace him, among other things.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a 100% chance Lovie Smith will get fired on Monday.

It will happen at 11AM and you will hear it break on ESPN1000AM and 670AM The Score at the same time.

Unless they win and make the playoffs. Then you are likely a week off and after the Bears get blown out in the first round, then Lovie will get fired. As others have said, should he pull a very large rabbit out of a hat and win a couple of games, he isn't going to get fired. He be hailed, by some, as a great coach who coached up his players at a critical point in time.

If I were to bet, I'd bet pretty heavy that Lovie is fired on the 31st around 11am. Even the McCaskey's are smart enough to know that not making the playoffs costs them money and a perennially mediocre team with a terrible offense doesn't sell a lot of merchandise or generate a lot of excitement. 5M is not that much money in the grand scheme of things.

Should the Bears not make the playoffs and Lovie get retained I would then call into questions Emery's ability and/or authority to run a team!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Will this happen even after a possible Bear's win? I mean if you know so much, then you should have at least some sense about who's gonna replace him, among other things.

I don't "know so much." I only know one thing: Lovie will be relieved of his duties Monday at 11am. Join me here at Chicitysports.com then to discuss our future.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If the decision is already made, Lovie gets an extension. There is now way you you are going to fire a SB winning coach. Does any rational person expect that to happen? Hell no.

If Emery absolutely wants Lovie gone, there is a threshold where it can't happen, therefore decision not made, unless it's to keep him no matter what. In other words, I don't believe this.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
If the decision is already made, Lovie gets an extension. There is now way you you are going to fire a SB winning coach. Does any rational person expect that to happen? Hell no.

If Emery absolutely wants Lovie gone, there is a threshold where it can't happen, therefore decision not made, unless it's to keep him no matter what. In other words, I don't believe this.

Does any rational person expect the Bears to win the SB this year? We couldn't score an offensive TD to save our lives. You don't win SB's putting up 5.5 yards per pass and averaging 14 ppg over a 7-game stretch.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think the inside info, if true, is positive news for Lovie's dismissal. If the Detroit game doesn't matter, that's good news. I can't imagine Lovie keeping his job after missing the playoffs again.

I know anything can happen in the playoffs, but this isn't a playoff team. They just haven't played competitively with the top teams lately, and they have a banged up Urlacher, Forte, Melton and Conte. So saying the decision is made is a decision barring a SB win, but that is so unlikely an outcome it wasn't considered.

Phillips said Lovie was guaranteed for a year, not for his contract. Usually, a new GM gets to pick their HC, so sticking him with Lovie for one year, and one year only would be terms that Emery probably would agree to. I can't imagine they told Emery he can't make the decision until Lovie's contract is over, I don't think a GM would get involved in that type of situation.

On the flip side, they did say they wanted a GM compatible with Lovie when they hired Emery, but if the FO is that sold on Lovie why no extension?

The idea was to give Lovie some more weapons on offense, try somebody other than Martz, and let Lovie run with this aging defense one more time and see how it went. The roster was talented enough to make a playoff run, so they stuck with Lovie as their best playoff hope. While I didn't like it, the defense is so built for his system I can see them giving it one more try, and it kept them from eating 2 years of his contract.

Problem is, even adding Marshall and Jeffrey, the offense arguably got worse. Tice isn't an OC, and it goes down as another failed coordinator under Lovie. When the bears fell apart mid-season and the offense failed to improve over the year, it was groundhog day for the Bears and I believe the decision was made.

Lovie and Tice rubber stamped this O-line in the offseason, as well as the TE depth chart, and it arguably cost the Bears a deep playoff run. Carimi has given up 6.5 sacks and 5 holds this season. 9 sacks and 2 holds for J-Webb, as well as countless stunts that went around him.

We have seen this time and time again. Enough is enough.

jc456

Liked Posts:
My sources tell me that this whole thread is useless!