Is today the Trubisky decline day?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can always find money.

The cap goes up at least 10m every year, for one.

You can always backload a contract. You can always cut players who are under performing.

Having to pay mitch because he played well is probably the best scenario that could happen in the QB room this upcoming year.
I will start with the easy one first. It's dangerous to assume the cap will go up next year. Nobody has any idea what monetary impact this pandemic will have on the upcoming games, if we will have a shortened season, if fans will be allowed in stadiums, and if so how many, etc etc. So statements like you made here which might seem like the norm, might not happen because this will be anything but a normal season. Because the salary cap is based on revenue from the previous year, it's anybodies guess what might happen here.

Reactions: DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Face it, your MVP pick (lmao) is garbage and spending another single cent on him is a disaster this organization needs to avoid.
Oh crap I forgot about that bet lol. Maybe we need to get an 800 hotline together and use our impressive #calledit record to help out some of these clowns before they lose all their money?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can always find money.

The cap goes up at least 10m every year, for one.

You can always backload a contract. You can always cut players who are under performing.

Having to pay mitch because he played well is probably the best scenario that could happen in the QB room this upcoming year.
I think it goes up $20 million next year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Face it, your MVP pick (lmao) is garbage and spending another single cent on him is a disaster this organization needs to avoid.

I'm pretty sure I've made multiple threads about this?

BTW, aren't you supposed to have me on ignore?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think Mitch balling out is 100% better than nick.

Mitch would have been in the nfl 4 seasons, nick has been here a decade.

If mitch plays well there is a hope he's actually good. If foles plays well he's still trash because you know what he is.

Pretty simple...no?

If Mitch plays good it means he out performed Nick, Your stuck with Nick, and his contract, regardless of how MT plays, if you resign him etc. It also means Pace once again committed $$ to the QB position he didn't need to (aka the Glennon fiasco). Bears have only 25 players under contract next year, and at this point only 40 mil in cap space to fill out the roster. Mitch balling out means he will be seeking at least 20-25 mil a year. Mediocre Mitch,,,,,,maybe 12-18 mil.

To resign Mitch, after a good to great year not only means more restructures, but also most likely some cap casualties, like Akeem Hicks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

We both took you off ignore when you let everyone know you had a horrible childhood. We might give you chit but we don't lack sympathy or empathy man, we're all in this together.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I will start with the easy one first. It's dangerous to assume the cap will go up next year. Nobody has any idea what monetary impact this pandemic will have on the upcoming games, if we will have a shortened season, if fans will be allowed in stadiums, and if so how many, etc etc. So statements like you made here which might seem like the norm, might not happen because this will be anything but a normal season. Because the salary cap is based on revenue from the previous year, it's anybodies guess what might happen here.

My point is, on the off chance mitch wins the QB job and plays well, they will find the money.

Him playing well in 2020 would obviously be best for the franchise. I doubt it happens, but it would obviously be much better for the long term benefit of this team for him to "figure" it out.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Mitch plays good it means he out performed Nick, Your stuck with Nick, and his contract, regardless of how MT plays, if you resign him etc. It also means Pace once again committed $$ to the QB position he didn't need to (aka the Glennon fiasco). Bears have only 25 players under contract next year, and at this point only 40 mil in cap space to fill out the roster. Mitch balling out means he will be seeking at least 20-25 mil a year. Mediocre Mitch,,,,,,maybe 12-18 mil.

To resign Mitch, after a good to great year not only means more restructures, but also most likely some cap casualties, like Akeem Hicks.

It's not the same as the glennon signing at all.

This team, this defense, can't depend on mitch having a miracle moment and turning into an actual NFL QB. Foles is 100% worth the ~10m cap hit he has. He's probably the best backup in the NFL, thats how much they get paid.

In the off chance mitch figures it out, no one is going to cry about foles and his cap hit I'm sure.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is, on the off chance mitch wins the QB job and plays well, they will find the money.

Him playing well in 2020 would obviously be best for the franchise. I doubt it happens, but it would obviously be much better for the long term benefit of this team for him to "figure" it out.
Why is him playing great any better than Foles playing great? As long as one does, that is all that matters. The questions isn't what you would prefer to see, rather what Ryan Pace is expecting to see, and how this plays out not just for 2020, but 2021-22 etc.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Figure it out like 4500 yds and 30 titties?

If I am the Bears, I would consider that an anomaly.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I told you that your punishment was only for 2 days which expired on Monday. Don't push it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not the same as the glennon signing at all.

This team, this defense, can't depend on mitch having a miracle moment and turning into an actual NFL QB. Foles is 100% worth the ~10m cap hit he has. He's probably the best backup in the NFL, thats how much they get paid.

In the off chance mitch figures it out, no one is going to cry about foles and his cap hit I'm sure.
It's comparable in the sense Pace will have overpaid once again for a vet QB he didn't use.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Let me put this question to you another way. If one Bears Qb where to post the following stats, would it be better for the Bears if Mitch did it or Nick Foles:

69.1 comp %4,478 yds29 Td's12 Int

2Deep

Liked Posts:
This is actually his rise.
This kid will prove everyone wrong. There is too much talent and want to within him.
Most busts are busts because they dont put in time or effort or don't have talent. This is not the case with this kid.

Haters will not like this