Is Wide Receiver the Bears No. 1 Weakness?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
listen to Manning basically calling out Arob here....there are a LOT of WR's in the league who are Prima Donnas and pout when you don't prop up their stats or they take plays off, Randy Moss comes to mind, if the play isn't to him you get minimal effort.....If Justin Fields were Mac Jones I would say no the WR's don't matter as much as he's throwing controlled short stuff....Field's is a downfield big play dude you obviously need some playmakers...Arob has spent the year pouting, Mooney is all in....Goodwin is all in but is one dimensional IMO....yes we need some playmakers

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
By diverting. Arob, hasn't had a good year so far, correct?
Bears brass is partially to blame, too. Sitting out practices though, doesn't help his case

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Not really, it's a known fact

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By diverting. Arob, hasn't had a good year so far, correct?
Bears brass is partially to blame, too. Sitting out practices though, doesn't help his case
You now think his lack of targets is down to these factors as well as his drop off in performance this season rather than dropping one specific to pass as previously stated?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You now think his lack of targets is down to these factors as well as his drop off in performance this season rather than dropping one specific to pass as previously stated?
The one pass was pretty significant, no?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It almost seems like Fields is purposefully looking away from AR. Maybe it's AR taking all these practices off and Fields can't get a feel for how he breaks routes when it's time to adlib.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fields simply doesn't trust him and i think this dates back to Arob being the only player on offense to not show up to voluntary OTAs and that was with two brand new QBs.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one pass was pretty significant, no?
Again, Kmet and Mooney have had some pretty significant drops seemingly with little effect on their number of targets

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Again, Kmet and Mooney have had some pretty significant drops seemingly with little effect on their number of targets
You're implying that they both are playing on a franchise tag this year?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're implying that they both are playing on a franchise tag this year?
Nope, I’m still implying that your original statement is incorrect and Fields isn’t swerving ARob because of one drop

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WR is WAY down on the list, especially for a QB as accurate as Fields. I get having an explosive receiver is fun, but its no fun if you can't get him the ball...

Bears #1 weakness right now is Offensive line, especially the interior. Peters has done an admirable job, but you know he can only likely do this for one more year. Borom thus far is proving he has the chops to be a LT, and if Teven shows ANYTHING, you have your bookend tackles.

Center however is getting blown up, and the 2 guards we have both have been tried at center and ultimately failed. Both are ok, but both also get beat fairly regularly and are not the type of linemen to just dominate - they are finesse linemen, and I think moving forward, especially with the RBs and QB we have, it should change focus to a power blocking style with smashmouth linemen in the interior.

Which leads me to the other thing tied for #1 weakness - the scheme.

It's been better the past 2 weeks, because the Bears are actually looking like they are moving away from it, but Nagy's scheme has been a disaster since it got figured out in the middle of 2018. Too many plays in the playbook, too many personnel packages (32) vs most teams in the league (12 average) which means play calls come in late, and then the coach takes bad time outs (sound familiar), and most of all, the scheme isn't cohesive or complimentary to the defense - its just a collection of plays with no real regard to the flow of the game.

Replace the coach. Switch to a power run type O line. Replace your interior 3 linemen.

Fields will soar.

Then go get your homerun WR in the 1st round of the 2023 draft.
T's have been fine. G's overall average but C is weak. OL is middle 3rd in DVOA mostly due to the middle getting pushed and Fields getting adjusted. DBs and a proper slot wr / possession guy are the biggest issues along with next man in at those spots. Nagy can't take what's given nor adjust well for personnel.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Nope, I’m still implying that your original statement is incorrect and Fields isn’t swerving ARob because of one drop
You really haven't provided anything to refute that statement though.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really, though.

Arob is not a 2nd year pro
Ah, so just the pass catcher who is a proven, high level producer is punished for a single bad play by the rookie QB? Is that a league wide occurrence?

Why does veteran status play into your projection?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ah, so just the pass catcher who is a proven, high level producer is punished for a single bad play by the rookie QB? Is that a league wide occurrence?

Why does veteran status play into your projection?
Because it was referenced earlier.

Nice strawman though