Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Baseball is a funny game. I wouldn't count any game as easy.

Naturally he could get rocked, and obviously any team can win any game, but I'm basing it on the trend. I could definitely see the Sox win 2 of 3 this weekend, but let's not pretend that if the Sox give up 2 runs against Arrieta that the chances of them losing that game would increase fairly significantly. That's why I say they should win easily, because if Arrieta pitches the way he has been pitching, he needs minimal run support. Of course, the BP could always blow it.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think you may be right but I'm not 100% positive that's a good thing. A playoff game at Wrigley and all the hoopla that entails will be a lot to handle for a young team. They might have a better chance on the road. Still you want them to win as many games as possible so if they overtake the Pirates so be it. It's quite something that three of the best records in baseball are in the NL Central.
Pittsburgh at home is 39-18. Road record is 26-27. I want them at Wrigley.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Excellent point, and I think Maddon has taught these kids to handle pressure pretty well. Wrigley would be nuts for that game though.
I think Bryant Russell Soler and Schwarber are mature above their age baseball wise to the point where after an inning / AB , they will relax and just play the game. .

Plus besides Maddon and Martinez, they have vets like Lester, Ross, Montero, Cogs and Fowler to keep them in check..

I also think being at home with the WF crowd pumping them up and all, would distract them from thinking and being nervous and wanna just get out there and play..

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Excellent point, and I think Maddon has taught these kids to handle pressure pretty well. Wrigley would be nuts for that game though.
I'd go hang out in Wrigleyville. Not even worried about attending the game. The atmosphere would be electric!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pittsburgh at home is 39-18. Road record is 26-27. I want them at Wrigley.

Good point but given the circumstances...I just want to see them play that game, doesn't matter where it's played just that it IS played. Win or lose, the experience of playing on the biggest stage will do them well.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Giants lose... pick up a full game on them with win tonight

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good point but given the circumstances...I just want to see them play that game, doesn't matter where it's played just that it IS played. Win or lose, the experience of playing on the biggest stage will do them well.
I'm not sure where I suggested that if they couldn't play at Wrigley I didn't want them making the one game playoff.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Hammel looks like he's going to have some good stuff today!

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Of course as soon as I say that Braun goes yard lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Need a few runs here.. Hammel looks like he gonna break soon

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Garza looks sharp tonight.. need to get him frustrated, someone needs to lay a bunt down or get in his head and call time before he pitches..