(IST) CDF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (WC1) Minnesota Wild

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont know what the point is of putting too much stock in reg season stats during a 7 game playoff series though. Thats just me. Not saying im right or wrong its just not really something i ever do. Im a clean slate guy come game 1 and let the series stats start reflect the face to face more than any of the regular season stats.

Stop being a hater. We need something to do for the next couple of days.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait, so having home ice makes you lose 3 more games in a series?

Much to learn I have

Wait, where did I say anything about home ice?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wait, where did I say anything about home ice?

Bigfoot cannot take these jedi mind tricks in this thread on the home ice front. To much misinformation make Bigfoot head back in the woods.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bigfoot cannot take these jedi mind tricks in this thread on the home ice front. To much misinformation make Bigfoot head back in the woods.

Home Ice doesn't really mean a lot IMHO. If the hawks come out playing TO WIN and not just playing NOT TO LOSE, the series is theirs, no matter what rink they are playing on. Besides, how different is the ice in MN than in Chicago? I know it's colder there but both rinks are indoors right? Does teh Wild's rink have a basketball court under it?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stats are fun but the way the Hawks have been over the years, they're PP can ignite at any time just as it can go cold at any time. Seems like this year the PK isn't as good as it has been in the past. Isn't that why Q likes Nordstrom, for his PK? The 4th line is better without Nordstrom. The PK might be missing Ben Smith a little bit.

The PK was #1 for most of the year during the regular season. 6 games in the playoffs (as I posted) are a small sample size, plus it's all against one opponent. The game 1 matchups will be interesting.
Regular season Hawks were 3-2, with the 3 wins coming before Dubnyk was acquired.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The PK was #1 for most of the year during the regular season. 6 games in the playoffs (as I posted) are a small sample size, plus it's all against one opponent. The game 1 matchups will be interesting.
Regular season Hawks were 3-2, with the 3 wins coming before Dubnyk was acquired.

Is PK really that important in a puck possession gameplan? I mean, what makes the blackhawks better at puck kicking than other teams? Isn't handling the puck with the stick much more of an important factor in puck possession? Also, if the PP isn't as good as their PK, how much does that say about puck kicking and puck possession's correlation?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is PK really that important in a puck possession gameplan? I mean, what makes the blackhawks better at puck kicking than other teams? Isn't handling the puck with the stick much more of an important factor in puck possession? Also, if the PP isn't as good as their PK, how much does that say about puck kicking and puck possession's correlation?
:aj:

:rofl:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:aj:

:rofl:

Maybe instead of laughing at me, you could help me out with the questions? I know players like Kaner are wizards with their sticks AND their skates, but it's not like they are playing soccer on the rink, right?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So when is the schedule released? Today?

I need to plan accordingly!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe instead of laughing at me, you could help me out with the questions? I know players like Kaner are wizards with their sticks AND their skates, but it's not like they are playing soccer on the rink, right?
Puck kicking is super important

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

They usually play every other day, so I'd think that the game is tonight. Can't find it listed on my xfinity menu but maybe it's too early.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

It depends on the results of the games tonight. The latest they will be released is if theres a Game 7 between Detroit and Tampa Bay on Wednesday night.

If the Wangs win tonight, they'll be out tonight.

The earliest we'll likely see second round action is Thursday or Friday, again, depending on the results tonight. The league likes to do this so the weekend can be filled with games 1 and 2 in one city.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends on the results of the games tonight. The latest they will be released is if theres a Game 7 between Detroit and Tampa Bay on Wednesday night.

If the Wangs win tonight, they'll be out tonight.

The earliest we'll likely see second round action is Thursday or Friday, again, depending on the results tonight. The league likes to do this so the weekend can be filled with games 1 and 2 in one city.

The Bulls are home tonight for game 5 and will probably wrap that series up to face Cleveland, so the UC will be scheduling for 2 playoff teams.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are home tonight for game 5 and will probably wrap that series up to face Cleveland, so the UC will be scheduling for 2 playoff teams.
The Hawks have home ice while the Bulls won't have HCA..

Game 1 of the Bulls will be Saturday if they win tonight. If the Bulls lose again tonight, Game 1 is Monday in Cleveland.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks have home ice while the Bulls won't have HCA..

Game 1 of the Bulls will be Saturday if they win tonight. If the Bulls lose again tonight, Game 1 is Monday in Cleveland.
So theoretically they wouldn't be at the UC at the same time right?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

That sounds like a logistcal nightmare. how will they have time to melt the ice for basketball? Or do they just take it out in big chunks?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That sounds like a logistcal nightmare. how will they have time to melt the ice for basketball? Or do they just take it out in big chunks?
Are you really trying to become the Village Idiot today? You miss BB and Despbro that much?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't you know? Basketball is actually played on ice

Reactions: B18