CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Castro has played better this year, but still has had more mental lapses in 1 month than you'd expect to see from your SS.

I haven't been disappointed in his play, but I haven't seen anything even approaching "phenomenal".
Then I have to ask if you are watching the games. His defense has been above average with some plays being web gems.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Soler lead off as a way for Maddon to perhaps help him learn to take some pitches, get back to understanding the zone, etc. It made sense. All that matters is they win today. Win today, they win the series.

That SP raked the Cubs the last time also. Some guys just have a team's number. My concern is still getting Bryant some protection in the 5 hole.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro has played better this year, but still has had more mental lapses in 1 month than you'd expect to see from your SS.

I haven't been disappointed in his play, but I haven't seen anything even approaching "phenomenal".

Rizzo had a bigger mental lapse then Castro in the 9th. Castro made the error. Rizzo forgot he was playing a live game. I haven't seen one word about it. Perception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rizzo had a bigger mental lapse then Castro in the 9th. Castro made the error. Rizzo forgot he was playing a live game. I haven't seen one word about it. Perception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True...

Yesterday game was almost like they all just gave up early..

they gave up 4 runs early and were being dominated by friers..
Seemed like they just shut it down all together

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That SP raked the Cubs the last time also. Some guys just have a team's number. My concern is still getting Bryant some protection in the 5 hole.
Ive been saying that since his first week up..

They need someone other then Coghlan or Montero hitting behind him otherwise he not gonna see many fastballs over the plate, which could cause him to get impatience and start swinging at bad pitches..

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
spoiler alert:

Bryant is hitting a homerun today

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@Cubs: #Cubs claimed RHP Anthony Varvaro off waivers from the Red Sox. LHP Joseph Ortiz was designated for assignment to make room on the 40-man.

Still working on that bullpen ...
Grimm started rehab assignment today

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! Soler with a perfect throw that would have got the pitcher at the plate and Montero completely misses the ball and Gomez takes third. Soler gets the error on the play. I hate that kind of ruling. It should be on Montero. I wish they would tighten up those scoring decisions.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hammel with a nice job just giving up the 1 run.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now I'm getting annoyed....giving up doubles to pitchers that look like they had to be instructed on which end of the bat to hold. Tighten it up out there.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wow! Soler with a perfect throw that would have got the pitcher at the plate and Montero completely misses the ball and Gomez takes third. Soler gets the error on the play. I hate that kind of ruling. It should be on Montero. I wish they would tighten up those scoring decisions.
Montero got the error... his 3rd of the year

Still trying to see the big benefit of having this guy as an everyday catcher over Castillo. ..

Because he supposedly frames pitches better as his biggest access, doesn't fly with me..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wow.. they go from scoring runs like crazy against better teams to struggling to get hits, let alone runs against a struggling staff..

1 run Friday against a starter with ERA in 5s after 4 starts and so far today 1 run against a starter who got rocked his last start and has an ERA in 4s...

i know hitters cool off, just didn't want to see all of them doing it at once..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Still trying to see the big benefit of having this guy as an everyday catcher over Castillo. ..

Because he supposedly frames pitches better as his biggest access, doesn't fly with me..

My broadcast said it went on Soler. I hope it was on Montero.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Just curious what you see in Castillo. To me the guy's a ham n egger....probably always will be. Decent backup but not much more than that.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol The White Sox are getting smoked by Twins. They hit a grand slam. Loaded the bases again. Got a 2 run single. Now just got another RBI single and runner still on first and second with one out. All this in the the third inning.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Cubs are going to need another starter to keep up with the lead dogs in the playoff race

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just curious what you see in Castillo. To me the guy's a ham n egger....probably always will be. Decent backup but not much more than that.

I just like the kid and think he getting the runaround here..
He not as bad as people think he is...

It really pisses me off to see him lose PT not to Montero but to Ross who if it weren't for Lester, he probably wouldn't even be on a roster today ...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This series is aggravating. ..

Brewers come in as a bad slumping team, Cubs have their top 3 starters going and hot bats... thinking sweep or 2 easy wins and so far their lucky to get the 1 win they got..