Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Descalso?

He thinks descalso is playing because of his $2 million per year?

LOL, I'm not agreeing with it. I think that's what he meant though.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya know something is up with your pitching when your team hits five homrun's in the game and you still lose! :confused:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
For what it is worth Happ is at 31% stri ke outs and his OBA is at .354. both reflect the same as last year vs MLB talent.

If anything he has regressed as a player

I'm just seeing another Brett Jackson. Better talent but the holes in his game we're too big.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s a long season.

Cards, Pirates andBrewers all lost.

Reds are closing in on 3rd

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya know something is up with your pitching when your team hits five homrun's in the game and you still lose! :confused:

That line up he faced was mostly bench players. That is why I thought that they had a shot.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a long season.

Yeah the Reds flip the switch here the last couple of weeks. Playing like a first place team.

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Now, now, don't make me quote your own words back to you again.
Only thing ive been wrong about to date is Maddon being fired and Russell playing..
At the time i said that , most people thought the same

They keep pitching the way they have the last 2-3 times through the rotation with this pen, 85 wins still in sight

So quote away

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a long season.

Yeah.....glass half full or half empty. They could've put some distance between these teams but I'm sure the other teams are saying that they aren't taking advantage of the Cubs poor play either.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Only thing ive been wrong about to date is Maddon being fired and Russell playing..

They keep pitching the way they have the last 2-3 times through the rotation with this pen, 85 wins still in sight

That’s the only thing?

Get serious

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

So quote away

You're down to 80 wins, Nostradamus.

Can't even keep up with your own bullshit.

Why Heyward shouldn't be in CF...

This one over already

New prediction 80 wins

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That line up he faced was mostly bench players. That is why I thought that they had a shot.
Yeah I thought with a couple of the good hitters out on the Astros, I though the Cubs were very capable of winning the series. The pitching has been a let down.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s the only thing?

Get serious

This is hilarious. I wonder why this guy keeps coming back here. Even the mods find him distasteful. People either put him on ignore like I do or just constantly argue or make fun of him.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Yo Homeys, sorry to interrupt the blame-game, but here's reality: we are outclassed by the Astros. They have a superior roster. Cubs are a top-5 team, but we are not the Astros.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yo Homeys, sorry to interrupt the blame-game, but here's reality: we are outclassed by the Astros. They have a superior roster. Cubs are a top-5 team, but we are not the Astros.

Cubs SP has been the driving force. Last 3 games have been a let down. Lester lost his cutter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alozay promoted to get a game in. Give the starters a extra day off. See what he brings. I would do it on his normal rest. Think that falls on Sunday. Final game vs STL. give the starters a reset on Monday vs LAA. If he pitches outstanding that becomes a good problem

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Cubs SP has been the driving force. Last 3 games have been a let down. Lester lost his cutter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alozay promoted to get a game in. Give the starters a extra day off. See what he brings. I would do it on his normal rest. Think that falls on Sunday. Final game vs STL. give the starters a reset on Monday vs LAA. If he pitches outstanding that becomes a good problem

Agreed as to the recent games, and also Alozay.

But, with or without our starters in form and with Alozay, if I was a betting man I would still take the Astros in a 7-game series because they have more overall talent. Not by a wide margin, but enough to notice.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Theo's prized off season acquisition is a total joke. Descalso hitting what???? .194? Are u kidding me? And he drops the ball on an easy rundown. Missing Zobrist for sure...but without starting pitching this team is doomed. Hamels and Lester should be cause for major concern. Both are old....and bad. Horrible combination. And Javy Baez? Waaaay too inconsistent to be an MVP. He's just a crazy fluke kind of guy. He'll be well under .300 in short order. Waaaay too up and down. MVP's are consistent. Not that he was ever a serious candidate anyway. Tough watching this team meltdown like this. They just lost two in a row to a minor league team after a losing homestand. No...I don't enjoy this. I hate it...but no sense bs'ing about the reality of this team.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theo's prized off season acquisition is a total joke. Descalso hitting what???? .194? Are u kidding me? And he drops the ball on an easy rundown. Missing Zobrist for sure...but without starting pitching this team is doomed. Hamels and Lester should be cause for major concern. Both are old....and bad. Horrible combination. And Javy Baez? Waaaay too inconsistent to be an MVP. He's just a crazy fluke kind of guy. He'll be well under .300 in short order. Waaaay too up and down. MVP's are consistent. Not that he was ever a serious candidate anyway. Tough watching this team meltdown like this. They just lost two in a row to a minor league team after a losing homestand. No...I don't enjoy this. I hate it...but no sense bs'ing about the reality of this team.
Outstanding!