Ball peppered right to the third baseman. Fucking shifts

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm going with TL here. If they can't get Zobrist back here.....go get Happ. I know he's not doing much but this Descalso is borderline useless. Avg at best in the field and does nothing with his bat. I'll take Happ and his K's over this guy.

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
alot of action on here tonight , good in game talks
?
1 or 2 posters actually talking about the game and the usual posters trashing others and have nothing to say about the game..
Missing 1, im sure he'll be on later after the game to see who can trash.lol.. we all know he has nothing to say about the cubs or the games except for the obvious ..lol..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is really stupid. I have the mlb package and cable. I can not watch the Cubs game because the Astros are blacked out to me. I can watch the Rangers since they come on cable, but the Astros do not and I still cant watch them unless I stream from Reddit. Absolutely stupid. But but, I can watch them on ESPN and MLB Network. Stupid fucking rules

And Willy swung at a ball that was in his eyes when it released.

Where are you?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I'm going with TC here. If they can't get Zobrist back here.....go get Happ. I know he's not doing much but this Descalso is borderline useless. Avg at best in the field and does nothing with his bat. I'll take Happ and his K's over this guy.

The problem is that Happ needs to get regular ABs.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Says the guy mocking a post...
What the matter table got turned on ya and now you gotta turn to name calling

giphy.gif

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What they need to do?

Play Baez at SS and Russell at 2B full time.

With Bryant injured somewhat Bote fills in fine at 3B.

Descanasio at that point is just a PH.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regardless I'm more interested in seeing if they push Alozay up. I would figure they have had internal talks after that last game. The rotation is looking poor lately and a little injection of life might be needed

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez is not seeing the ball well at all

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Meh. Happ is still just 24, and as long as he's walking at a 15% clip he's going to be at least an average value player.

The question is, can he cut down on his K% without sacrificing too much power? This wouldn't be the first time CCS wanted to give up on a young player with K problems too early...*cough*Javy Baez *cough*

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What does this mean?

Happ is not making shit. In AAA he is not earning service time. So if he figures it out down there he has more control to sell. Not to mention if he is striking out 36% of the time you don't want to waste service time on that if you plan on retaining.

Descanasio is under a major league contract.

2 years/$5M (2019-20), plus 2021 club option
signed by Chicago Cubs as a free agent 12/18/18
19:$1.5M, 20:$2.5M, 21:$3.5M club option ($1M buyout)
performance bonuses based on plate appearances: $50,000 each for 425, 450, 475 PA. $0.1M for 500 PA.

Starting him is screwing Theo. It is only worth adding PA if the numbers justify.

But being a multi year deal you don't want to risk wavers and the Cubs paying him to play against them.