IST: Cubs @ Braves

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I like the fact that he has chosen games where we had a large lead to "blow one". We still got the W's.
Yep..
I've seen quite a few good closers have more trouble getting that 27th out when they come in games with more then a 1 or 2 run lead..
Maybe they just relax a little too much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. You think Theo will trade assets from the farm or major league level? If he gets a good return would not surprise me if Schwarber is dealt to an AL team looking for an everyday DH.
Im starting to see Schwarber as being a guy that might help replenish the minor league with a couple prospects in an off season deal..

If he finishes on a good note, he should be able to net a couple top 100 prospect from a team..

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Lol..
I don't take anything personal on here, even the insults that some try to throw at me..
I simply ignore them

Words are words..means nothing,especially on here

I enjoy watching games TC, even when the lose ..
If not, I would never of been a cubs fan all these years... since 1978

Yea I probably get a little aggravated on here, when I see a very good bunch of players play like crap and look mediocre but overall it's just a game and a sport that I love..
I just vent my frustration on here and then move on ...lol

Ok... now let move on

Good answer. Now let's get #5.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Im starting to see Schwarber as being a guy that might help replenish the minor league with a couple prospects in an off season deal..

If he finishes on a good note, he should be able to net a couple top 100 prospect from a team..

If he rebounds he goes nowhere.

Theo is stuck on this one. He picked him #4 when he was ranked #16. So he has to stand by him. Trade him and he is admitting to making a bad pick.

At the end of the day they were looking at his bat. Not at his catching skills. So if he is hitting then he is what they envisioned him to be. A bat that they can play in LF.

He is having a typical sophomore jinx right now. Most players go through this. Which is basically the league doesn't know him and he crushes, Then they figure a plan of attack and he struggles. After that either the player readjusts or falls out of the league.

Talent he has. He has dominated AAA. I believe it is just a readjustment issue going on. Even then in his return he is putting up a .231/.310/.577 Better than his .177/.297/.399 season.

It is going to take time and what he is learning right now he can take into the offseason like Heyward did and then attack his weaknesses.

At the end of the day Theo made his choice and I believe it is a long haul.

As far as replenishments. This team built from the ground up. They have a young core. So they have time.

What I'm seeing is they drafted/overseas draft heavy into bats early on and then did bulk pitching late.

Now the focus is shifting to pitching.

Now I believe this was planned. The early stages the bats would net cost relief. Later on those bats would increase in price. So they would have to find cost relief elsewhere. The prime spot is in the rotation and self development.

With the bulk approach they added depth. Now they are focusing on guys with higher top end potential.

So I really don't see the 911 going on where they are forced to trade to replenish. Theo and his guys are good at acquiring talent where they don't need to do what the sox are doing. Sure they pushed the reset button when they took over and cut pay roll. That was happening well before their take over.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, I get that you get disproportionaly upset when the Cubs play mediocre baseball, I think that's why some of us bristle at your posts at times. You shine a light on some negativity that the rest of us try to tamp down. Personally I look for the positive as much as I can because, well, life is too fucking short. Here though it's like you're anticipating bad happening. Has Davis not earned a bad night, especially when it resulted in really no harm no foul and his eighteenth consecutive save? I often wonder if baseball is fun for you at all. Like the great Warren Zevon said as he was dying "enjoy every sandwich".

Lol..
Wow..
Was just a comment made in heat of moment.. you all
Don't really think Davis sucks or is going to suck..

Sometimes we just throw comments out there on here like were sitting next to each other yapping about the current game and or situation.
In the in game thread.

So relax.. I'm all in with Wade Davis
Far from giving up on him

Cubs left their hits in Baltimore..

This is the aggravating thing about this team..
They can look awesome for 2 3 games and then look like bad news bears against average teams and pitchers..

This last quote from 55 came at 8:55 first pitch was 8:38, that's a quick walk to the ledge, let the game play out. I almost said something last night but passed. Being how it was brought up by someone else I thought I'd pile on LOL. We're Cub fans... but try a little to not be that guy.

2d49ba26617f6640bf16304311290541--debbie-downer-memes.jpg

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This last quote from 55 came at 8:55 first pitch was 8:38, that's a quick walk to the ledge, let the game play out. I almost said something last night but passed. Being how it was brought up by someone else I thought I'd pile on LOL. We're Cub fans... but try a little to not be that guy.

2d49ba26617f6640bf16304311290541--debbie-downer-memes.jpg
Ummmm.

it was a lot later in game then that..
Believe it was the 4th or 5th inning..

Braves had already scored when I commented..

Nice try to pile on though..lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ummmm.

it was a lot later in game then that..
Believe it was the 4th or 5th inning..

Braves had already scored when I commented..

Nice try to pile on though..lol

That is correct. How dare Spunky say you were on the ledge....by the 4th the Braves were pounding lumps on the Cubs. What was the score by then? Let's see....

Oh....

1-0

chibears55

Liked Posts:
LMAO..
Always gotta be one that follows you around sniffing your farts....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yep..
I've seen quite a few good closers have more trouble getting that 27th out when they come in games with more then a 1 or 2 run lead..
Maybe they just relax a little too much

Lack of use can lead to control issues. No need for him in Baltimore (ok, Friday).

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lack of use can lead to control issues. No need for him in Baltimore (ok, Friday).
Yea..
Seems unusual for a closer to only have appeared in 33 games this late in season....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lackey and the HRs

He got to the 2nd inning at least..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny..
According to the pitchcast..
Since Baez HR

Newcomb hasn't thrown 1 pitch in the strike zone in his last 19 pitches (Bryant last pitch)..

Lackey swung at 3 out of zone..

Zobrist had 2 called strike that showed up as outside..

Bryant swung at 1 inside and had 1 called a strike that wasn't in zone..

2 walks 1 strikeout

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs and the HRs

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wow..
Contreras having an awesome month...

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol..
Wow..
Was just a comment made in heat of moment.. you all
Don't really think Davis sucks or is going to suck..

Sometimes we just throw comments out there on here like were sitting next to each other yapping about the current game and or situation.
In the in game thread.

So relax.. I'm all in with Wade Davis
Far from giving up on him

I've DFA'd every guy on the roster at some point this season :lol:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bases loaded, no outs.

Right on schedule - a K!

Pinch me!

Ball in his eyes on 3-2, and a run scores if he just takes it, but no.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Need some insurance runs! Braves offense usually plays better late!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
It's ok. Chibears just has MCD (Mad Cub Disease).

I have it too. But it was worse when we sucked. I think the Championship has lessened it a little, but it's still frustrating this season, because we should be way better than how we've been this season. But they may be coming around now. We'll see.