IST: Cubs @ Nationals

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Hey Willie, you don’t even have to fucking get a hit. just make fucking contact it’s Greg fucking Holland. do you think you can handle it. Nope!

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Hey Willie, you don’t even have to fucking get a hit. just make fucking contact it’s Greg fucking Holland. do you think you can handle it. Nope!

At least it wasn’t his usual double play. Guy was hot for 3-4 games and has completely sucked the rest of the season.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Maddon is a fucking idiot. I messaged a buddy before he let Strop bat that it was the wrong call

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, I'm a Maddon guy but I did not like that move. He had two guys on the bench. Now Strop is hurt...shit. Nothing is going right.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
That was a costly but huge W. Hope for the best on Pedro.
Relying more on CEjr would not be good.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean I can't blame Maddon for wanting Strop for the bottom half of the inning. I don't think it's fair to put the injury on him because you can't know that's going to happen. The decision was more do you think the potential runs there were worth more than whomever you'd have to replace strop with to close out the game. Not saying I necessarily love the call but who'd they have left on the bench? Schwarber was left in chicago IIRC. Looking at the roster only other guys who weren't used as hitters were Davis and La Stella. Not sure if they made the trip or not. If La Stella wasn't available there then I'm more or less fine with the move as I don't think Davis would have been worth removing Strop for the bottom half.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean I can't blame Maddon for wanting Strop for the bottom half of the inning. I don't think it's fair to put the injury on him because you can't know that's going to happen. The decision was more do you think the potential runs there were worth more than whomever you'd have to replace strop with to close out the game. Not saying I necessarily love the call but who'd they have left on the bench? Schwarber was left in chicago IIRC. Looking at the roster only other guys who weren't used as hitters were Davis and La Stella. Not sure if they made the trip or not. If La Stella wasn't available there then I'm more or less fine with the move as I don't think Davis would have been worth removing Strop for the bottom half.

I believe LaStella was in the on deck circle briefly....so he was there, don't know about Davis.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don’t have Maddon. Baez would have been traded. I firmly believe that. He has saved us this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I rarely criticize Joe but when you have one guy that close you don’t let him hit. Let’s hope it’s mild. I assume Wilson is the de facto closer?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Cards get LA tonight. MIL is off. So, magic number drops to 15 vs MIL and 13 or 12 vs STL.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It's fucking ridiculous that Maddon batted Strop. If it were any other manager he would be justifiably ripped by the majority. At a minimum, you tell Strop not to run hard or just stand there and hold the bat.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Might have been. I don't have the tv coverage just the gamecast online.

The way things are going with the team being so brutal with RISP he was probably fearful of Rosario with a 1 run lead if they don't score again.....wanted Strop in there to pitch the bottom of the inning and hoped he would either K or get lucky....turns out to be neither.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The way things are going with the team being so brutal with RISP he was probably fearful of Rosario with a 1 run lead if they don't score again.....wanted Strop in there to pitch the bottom of the inning and hoped he would either K or get lucky....turns out to be neither.

Yeah that's more or less my thinking as well. Another consideration is you want Strop there to just get the fuck out of WAS. With a hurricane coming in and the schedule trouble they already have the last thing you want is to get stuck in WAS tonight by a flight being grounded or something like that.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
In more positive news it's 4-1 dodgers up on cards with Kershaw on the mound. Look pretty likely cards lose.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lucky to pull that win out...

Maddon did his best to blow this game..

Pitching a struggling CJ in that situation, and not pinch hitting for Strop with LaStella ..

1 run lead with Strop pitching more then 6 outs for first time is a risk

Just heard Strop out at least regular season now...

Without Morrow and Strop now, closing out games these last 2 weeks going to be an adventure..

Hope the bats wake up and start scoring a bunch of runs now and the SP stary going deeper in games, gonna beca wild 2 weeks for the division

PickSix

Liked Posts:
In more positive news it's 4-1 dodgers up on cards with Kershaw on the mound. Look pretty likely cards lose.

Not sure how I feel about that one assuming we stay ahead and win the division. I’d much rather have the Cards in playoffs than Dodgers.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not sure how I feel about that one assuming we stay ahead and win the division. I’d much rather have the Cards in playoffs than Dodgers.

I mean it can sorta go both ways there though. If the dodgers take a game or two off the cards that relieves the pressure for the #1 WC team and it's still possible the dodgers miss the playoffs. STL is 2 up so if they say go 1-2 in this set they are still a game up but their magic number will have dropped to at least 11 plus any of the wins the cubs get. At that point the cubs would more or less be guaranteed to make the playoffs in some fashion.

Plus, I sorta like the idea of the cards being more desperate to even make the WC because that means they will need to pull out all of the stops for their series vs MIL. While they do play the cubs to close out the season, chances are they will know what they need to do to make the wild card so they probably wont have to push as hard in those games if they do well prior.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I find funny? People bitch that pitchers are treated with kids gloves. They bat and now the manager is a doufus. I can understand you thinking that but dont go the other way.