IST: Cubs @ Padres

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I dont like 6 innings is a quality start, but thats an argument for another time.

Well I didn't particularly mean the stat version just that he pitched pretty well considering he really only got hurt by two triples which is sorta flukey.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope the pen can hold em this time for Hendricks. Unlike last time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
man... Jerry better be getting paid crazy for this sorta crap....

Chicago White Sox ✔ @whitesox
Guaranteed Rate and the #WhiteSox announce new ballpark naming rights partnership for 'Guaranteed Rate Field': pic.twitter.com/n1hbdN70uL

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Guaranteed Rate and the #WhiteSox announce new ballpark naming rights partnership for 'Guaranteed Rate Field': pic.twitter.com/n1hbdN70uL

Hahahahah is it April fool already?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
fa9e08b33ad4e242b41200fe4d8b0b02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Magic number now 24

I find the number they're at now to be magic. 81. Every W posted from now till the end of the reg season adds two games over .500.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So yes, the AL team is benching a regular member of the lineup. No need for the quotes. And in place of that person they put in a pitcher who does not bat unlike their NL counterpart. The loss for the AL team is very, very large.

No, the NL teams do not carry someone like that so they get to use that money elsewhere unlike the AL team. So in the AL parks the NL team gains a batter over a pitcher. Tremendous gain there.

That's the sound logic that you gloss over. The AL team loses offense in the NL parks and the NL teams gain it in the AL parks all the long the NL team has money to spend on a non-DH player that the AL does not.

I'm open, but that logic that I have presented seems full proof.

It's a "very, very large" advantage for an NL pitcher batting vs an AL pitcher? Ate you seriously trying to float that?

First of all, pitchers in the NL aren't polished hitters because of 2 or 3 AB's per start. Secondly, pitchers areswitching leagues sll the time.

Cubs trade Hammel to A's, and the A's play Atlanta, and are at a very very large disadvantage.

No way. No how.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

It's not quite "Value City Arena" bad, but, damn! It's close.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Brandon Moss is making over $8 mil to be on the Cards bench. Additionally, I fail to see your logic in that DH's even make the much money save for the case I mentioned with aging stars filling the DH role because teams can't do anything else with them. If we look at DH's this year with qualified PAs they consist of

David Ortiz - $16 mil
Edwin Encarnacion - $10 mil
Nelson Cruz - $14.25 mil
Carlos Santana - $8.25 mil
Carlos Beltran - $15 mil
Khris Davis - $524.5 k
Mark Trumbo - $9.15 mil
Mike Napoli - $7 mil
Joe Mauer - $23 mil
Victor Martinez - $18 mil
Corey Dickerson - $522.9 k
Albert Pujols - $25 mil
Kendrys Morales - $9

Right off the bat, Beltran, Pujols, Mauer, and Martinez are guys who are making big money but were signed as other positions. Ortiz is a career DH. Cruz has quickly gone from OF to DH only. Outside of those 6 players most of these guys aren't making substantial money. As a comparison, Chris Coghlan in the last year of arbitration is making $4.8 mil as a bench player for the cubs. The $5 mil difference between him and Encarnacion isn't buying you much.

So, this idea that a DH burdens AL teams with a ridiculous amount of salary really isn't the case. Most are just paying a DH slightly more than a typical NL bench guy and then in turn going dirt cheap on a defense only replacement a la Darwin Barney because that guy is only ever coming in via injury or late in a game to relieve a sub par defender.
You actually just made my argument. It matters not how the DH position is filled it is filled with a guy costing a good chunk of salary that can't be used elsewhere like an NL team can.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

This is for real? "Guaranteed Rate Field"?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yep. Who cares, as long as the money goes tot he team. Everyone is going to call it the Ciomiskey still would be my guess.
It's clownish. I can't imagine why MLB allows this stupidity. Guaranteed Rate Field has a guaranteed low rate team.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It's clownish. I can't imagine why MLB allows this stupidity. Guaranteed Rate Field has a guaranteed low rate team.

Lots of stadium names are. Not sure that the Sox get any of the cash since they are renters not owners