IST: Cubs vs Braves

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile.....anyone care to explain why Joe conceded the game after 8, down 3-1?

Senseless to put in Pena there.

Threw in the towel.

Someone had to pitch. Braves had like a 93% win expectancy prior to the 9th. I mean sure you can argue Maddon should have used someone else but ultimately it's on the players to perform. Pena started a clean inning and worked himself into trouble. If he can't get that done then he shouldn't be on the roster. That's on Jed/Theo as much as it is Maddon.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone had to pitch. Braves had like a 93% win expectancy prior to the 9th. I mean sure you can argue Maddon should have used someone else but ultimately it's on the players to perform. Pena started a clean inning and worked himself into trouble. If he can't get that done then he shouldn't be on the roster. That's on Jed/Theo as much as it is Maddon.

Well I sgree he has no business being on the roster. But Strop had not pitched Saturday. Down 2, and a HR hitter in Happ batting felt like Cubs gad a shot. Pena got hit hard. He truly has no business being on this roster.

That said, I am not upset with the team's recent results. Lose 1 after 6 wins? Not a big deal.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs have been riding the Javy bus for a while and that injury halted the bus.

They need another spark plug lighting up. The team is too talented to sit on one guy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs have been riding the Javy bus for a while and that injury halted the bus.

They need another spark plug lighting up. The team is too talented to sit on one guy.
That been a bit of the problem..
Seem to always be riding on 1 guy at a time outside of Rizzo and Bryant mixing in there..

Rizzo and Bryant seem to be getting it going consistently lately...

Contreras was hot for a few weeks til he got hurt..

Baez got hot and now he hurt..

Zobrist Schwarber Heyward seem to get hot for a couple games then disappear..

Then the rest..
They either chip in or they dont..
Too inconsistent

This team has the talent to be scoring 5 + runs against pretty much every team 3 to 5 starters easily..
But for whatever reason they seem to struggle for the most part

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk