IST: Cubs vs Mets

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Where do we stand pre-game on the decision to start a rookie in game 145ish of the regular season during a playoff run? Me, I don't care and I personally like the move but interesting to see what others think pre-game.
I'm ok with it only because there no better alternative right now with Arrieta hurt and Monty to me is better in pen then rotation..

My only concerned is that I think it a game they need to win for playoff implication...

Lose tonight and both Brewers and Cardinals are 2 games out ..
That will make this weekend series against Cardinals even bigger with 1st place on line and Brewers playing the Marlins that been playing bad ball this month winning just 2 of 12 playing bad teams in Phillies and Braves..

So................

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This might be one of the bigger cases of the "yips" I've seen.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Where do we stand pre-game on the decision to start a rookie in game 145ish of the regular season during a playoff run? Me, I don't care and I personally like the move but interesting to see what others think pre-game.

Sounds like God's gift to sports talk programming.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"Wow, our offense really came alive last night. Time to change the lineup, like I did after the last 4 times we scored 14 or more. Just because lost each time doesn't mean we shouldn't mix it up!"

"My leadoff guy was on all night. Let's replace him. "

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Defensive mistakes hurt. Especially with a guy making his first start.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Two miscues, two runs.

Make it three!

What is up with this fucking lineup?

Three errors, which somehow is scored as ONE. How in God's name do you not charge the catcher with an error? (Our #5 catcher, that is)

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
"Wow, our offense really came alive last night. Time to change the lineup, like I did after the last 4 times we scored 14 or more. Just because lost each time doesn't mean we shouldn't mix it up!"

This.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

This is Maddon throw away game...

Not only does he start a first game pitcher he put in a first game catcher...

Nothing good comes out of that

They should be taking care of business against these weak ass teams in a close race, instead he giving them a chance ...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Oh look Schwarber can bunt...
Like I said he could and should do more of...

greg23

Liked Posts:
This move is going over like a fart in church.

Didn't realize by starting a minor league pitcher also meant starting our 4th string catcher making his first start as well.

Are we 20 games back or on a playoff race?

Didn't Maddon use a "bullpen" start last year......was that not an option tonight? At this rate thanks isn't gpong to make it thru 4 inn anyway.

Better get the bats going

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wasted getting a run there..
All the times they run on contact when the ball hit harder, they hold on that one
SMDH

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Wasted getting a run there..
All the times they run on contact when the ball hit harder, they hold on that one
SMDH

Inning was over once Bryant came up with a RISP.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Watching him pitch, I figured he'd look different than I saw a few years back but same guy. Nothing about him says good pitcher. Bleh.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Watching him pitch, I figured he'd look different than I saw a few years back but same guy. Nothing about him says good pitcher. Bleh.

If he is our minor league pitcher of the year we really are lacking in the pitching depth and someone off the major league roster has to be moved this off season for a starter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is Maddon throw away game...

Not only does he start a first game pitcher he put in a first game catcher...

Nothing good comes out of that

They should be taking care of business against these weak ass teams in a close race, instead he giving them a chance ...

Don't leave out your hero! Why the fuck would you remove guys who are hot to play Jon Jay?

Man on 3rd, one out...,.hmmm, how do I not get him home? How about hitting a ball barely past the mound? "I'm on it!"

Catcher and Jay kill the rally. Good tjinking, joe. Zobrist only had 4 hits. Bench him. Contreras has the bat we need. Bench him. Last thing you want with a pitcher making his first start is a catcher with some mlb experience!

Idiotic.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
"Stop scoring to get us back in this, or I will go to Grimm and Pena again!"