IST: Cubs vs Mets

chibears55

Liked Posts:
18 more days til we say goodbye to Grimm........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL@ the Grimm reaper. Mr. Two Pitch.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Like I said after the Milwalkee series really seemed like cubs just needed a day off. Bats look a lot better than that series.
Or just needed to face bad pitching..

Or Both ...

PickSix

Liked Posts:
You really have to ask why Grimm is on a major league roster at this point, don't you?

Indeed. I know they are just burning worthless innings with the guy, but isn't there anyone else worth giving a look at? You know what we have with Grimm and it isn't major league worthy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who the hell said save some for tomorrow? When stiffs like Wilson and Grimm are out there, you can't have enough runs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Think Joe has his lead off man for the stretch run....Zobbie on base 5 times tonight.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Rizzo's development was different, every players' is, he was terrible, then had a good season, then a rough one. Kyle started hot and cooled off and then was injured. Started rough this year, was very good when he came back and cooled off again. You mention that Kyle has looked worse every two months, but I disagree with that. Since coming back from the minors he's slashed .258/.352/.566 with 14 HR .383 wOBA 136 wRC+. My point was not to show that Kyle will develop like Rizzo, instead I wanted to give an example of development. Does Schwarber have work to do? Absolutely, my point wasn't to make a lazy comparison, it was to make a show a basic model of development to people who had written Kyle off. I could have picked anyone but since the discussion was with Cubs fans on another site was I picked Rizzo. Sorry, maybe my original post lacked that context.

I didn't disagree with the assessment and I trusted you had more to it. I in fact believe he's more Judge/Conforto than Reynolds/Trumbo. Sorry if I was abrasive in the manner I responded.

I just hate when guys say "guy X was here and this happened so guy Y will have it happen too". Whether that be positive or negative.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Indeed. I know they are just burning worthless innings with the guy, but isn't there anyone else worth giving a look at? You know what we have with Grimm and it isn't major league worthy.

I certainly understand using the worst guys when up 10-2.

My problem is, when up 10-2, and you use Grimm, Pena or even Wilson right now (though I have faith he'll rebound), you end up making the game so close you need your closer.Happens every day - we lead by 6, 8, 10.....and still use a lot of guys.

We will need the bullpen for many innings tomorrow, just get somebody out tonight!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, Tseng.....there is your run support. A day early.

Better be perfect tomorrow. :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Kinda sucks being the guy who goes 0 for 4 3 Ks when your team scores 17 runs....

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Kinda sucks being the guy who goes 0 for 4 3 Ks when your team scores 17 runs....

Just wanted to note that there been a bunch of Schwarber talk both good n bad and none from me...[emoji16]

Just saying

What was that you were saying...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I would say it's the exact opposite. Your team won and didn't need you....gear it up for tomorrow, they'll probably need you then.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Because certain fans will dwell on that, on a night the team scores 17 runs.

Personally, I'd rather not see them all hit in the same games.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kinda sucks being the guy looking for a negative after a 17 run outburst.

(And, yes, I say that after joking about tomorrow's impending shutout) :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
What was that you were saying...
I didn't say the name....lol

I'm not knocking him..
Just saying it sucks seeing everyone else participate, even guys off bench (Almora Rivera) and your the only one that didn't join the party..

I would of pointed it out if it were someone else...

Just noticed with Martin..
LF combined to go 0 for 6 5 Ks 8 LOB...
Lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

so over the past two games he was 3-7 with a life altering walk, RBI and 2 runs scored.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Or just needed to face bad pitching..

Or Both ...

Probably a bit of both. The thing about the Milwaukee series is outside of the blowout those games were good old fashioned pitchers duels and because many of us, myself included, have underestimated Brewers pitching those games felt more like a failure of offense than a triumph of pitching. The thing is the Brewers are damned good team and deserve respect. Tonight they face the Mets best pitcher they've seen this series. Lugo is a better pitcher than the numbers indicate because he doesn't beat himself. Harvey, for instance, looked like he was daring the Cubs to hit him. That won't happen tonight so they'll need Zobrist to continue his recent OBP success and for Bryant and Rizzo to come through. I'd really like to go into the Cardinals series with a big enough lead over them so they don't think their fate is completely in their own hands. Mentally that matters.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Where do we stand pre-game on the decision to start a rookie in game 145ish of the regular season during a playoff run? Me, I don't care and I personally like the move but interesting to see what others think pre-game.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Where do we stand pre-game on the decision to start a rookie in game 145ish of the regular season during a playoff run? Me, I don't care and I personally like the move but interesting to see what others think pre-game.

Just recollecting about the spring training bs about starting pitching depth

Brett Anderson
Eddie butler
Mike Montgomery

MM has been okay but our bullpen is so bad he's needed more out there than in the rotation.

Since we luyerally have no other options its not a bad move as its vs the Mets and if he has to start again if hope it's we'd vs Tampa so he avoids the stl/mil pressure series. Hopefully arierra is back by then as well need him the 10 game road trip vs mil stl

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Let's see how Tseng does today. Not expecting much but he is like Hendricks in being able to command his stuff well.

There is no timetable on Jake right now and this promote has more to do with Montgomery needed in the pen.

That said I wouldn't complain if Tseng tosses a gem tonight. It just keeps him pitching in Sept.