chibears55

Liked Posts:
Get ready for jen-ho tseng

He'll be pitching tomorrow

Monty back to the pen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not quite the start you wanted from Lester..

27 pitches 1 run

Need at least 6 from him tonight

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Didn't need Lester struggling tonight with rookie going tomorrow...

Need the bats to put up a bunch , gonna be a bullpen game

CSF77

Liked Posts:
CHICAGO -- On Wednesday, Cubs manager Joe Maddon met with Jen-Ho Tseng to talk to him about being honored as the Cubs' Minor League Pitcher of the Year. Then, Maddon surprised the right-hander with some news: Tseng will make his Major League debut on Thursday.

Tseng who was a combined 13-4 with a 2.54 ERA in 24 starts between Double-A Tennessee and Triple-A Iowa, will substitute for Mike Montgomery, who will go back to the bullpen. Montgomery was to make his 13th start of the season on Thursday in the series finale against the Mets. To make room for Tseng on the 40-man roster, right-hander Pierce Johnson was designated for assignment. (about time here)

"First of all, we needed more help in the bullpen, and Monty is so versatile and was amenable," Maddon said. "He'll be availble in the 'pen tonight. Jen-Ho comes into town to accept an award. I sat down with him in my office. I said, 'I guess you're in town to accept an award.' I said, 'How about you start tomorrow night's game instead?' He didn't even blanch. His interpreter was more taken by the situation than Jen-Ho." (basically Monty is a roller coaster in the rotation and the pen needs stability mkay)

On Wednesday, the Cubs named Tseng and catcher Victor Caratini as the organization's Minor League Pitcher and Player of the Year, respectively. This is Tseng's second such award after also earning the honor in 2014, his first professional season.

(part that is useful info and not me gushing)

"He has four, five pitches he can throw for a strike, and he uses both sides of the plate," said catcher Taylor Davis, who caught all of Tseng's starts at Iowa. "He was really effective with all of his pitches this year, and his fastball worked well at the end of the year. It was impressive. He has a really good tempo, really good pace."

ectreta:

In 15 starts with Tennessee, Tseng, 22, was 7-3 with a 2.99 ERA, striking out 83 and walking 24. He was promoted to Triple-A for the first time following his first career 10-strikeout game, July 3 against Jacksonville. The right-hander excelled in Iowa, posting a 6-1 record to go along with a 1.80 ERA in nine starts.
"He got better [at Iowa]," Davis said. "I think he might have pitched with a little more confidence when he got to Triple-A. He was able to pitch really strong and didn't waste a lot of pitches. It was nice."
Maddon said the switch in starters has nothing to do with Jake Arrieta, who is still sidelined after he strained his right hamstring a week ago in Pittsburgh. Arrieta has yet to throw a bullpen session since that outing, and there is no timetable for his return.

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Contreras, what the fuck are you doing?????????????????? Fucking idiot

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Happ and Contreras are two idiots

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd bench Conteras after that bonehead play. No excuse for that blunder

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Happ and Contreras are two idiots

Happ somewhat, Contreras takes the cake on that one. He went full Special person, I have no idea why the fuck he's tip toeing into home looking back at Happ. What a fucking idiot.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
WTF

This team....

Far far from championship caliber....

SMDH

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bats need to pick up their bonehead teammates here and score a couple...
LetsGo

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Happ somewhat, Contreras takes the cake on that one. He went full Special person, I have no idea why the fuck he's tip toeing into home looking back at Happ. What a fucking idiot.

Zero excuse for Happ either. His coach told him to get his ass down and slide. That implies you got a close play to beat out. His tip toe stand up routine is complete crap. Unreal.

Jorgeramos

Liked Posts:
Zero excuse for Happ either. His coach told him to get his ass down and slide. That implies you got a close play to beat out. His tip toe stand up routine is complete crap. Unreal.

I'm not disagreeing that Happ fucked up but if Willie fucking runs, he scores, regardless of what Happ is doing. Why the fuck is Willie looking back at Happ? He lost his fucking mind there.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huge walks from KB and Rizzo

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Teammates picked them up and Contreras made up for his boneheadedness....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Happ your turn

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks