Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What the fuck happened to Edwards man? A couple years ago, he looked like he was on the verge of becoming a dominant reliever at best and a reliable one at least. He is just straight garbage.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What the fuck happened to Edwards man? A couple years ago, he looked like he was on the verge of becoming a dominant reliever at best and a reliable one at least. He is just straight garbage.

Lost control of his curve now a 1 pitch monkey.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lost control of his curve now a 1 pitch monkey.

Looks like he lost control of everything. I don't understand how mental he's gotten.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’ll take a 7-2 homestead anytime. But very disappointing showing today. The offense largely looked uninterested and Edwards was again awful.
Yea, because beisbol and all

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You’ll take a 7-2 homestead anytime. But very disappointing showing today. The offense largely looked uninterested and Edwards was again awful.

I don't think the offense looked uninterested, Quantrill was just on his game. It happens. Edwards though, ugh. The BP continues to hold the Cubs down, and I can't seeing them making it to the dance with that pen. Outside of Kimbrel and usually Cishek, the BP remains largely hit or miss.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looks like he lost control of everything. I don't understand how mental he's gotten.

Part of it is in his head.

Iowa 1.54 ERA .86 WHIP
CHI 5.87 ERA 1.11 WHIP

Watching him his first few pitches were sailing up. Then he finally got his fastball down he was doing fine. Then he spun his first shitcurve right into Garcia's toe. Then Tatis raped his first offering.

So I take it as he has no self confidence going against major league talent. He goes down to AAA and the pressure is off and he performs. To add to it he has no quality secondary offerings. So hitters are just sitting at 93-94 MPH and pick a ripe one to swing at because they are all the same.

I would trade him to Det in the package for Nick Castellanos. A small market team playing shit ball is a place that he can get his shit together.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Meh, really doesn't matter how good or bad Edwards was.....I mean you score one run against a bad pitching staff and you just made your own problems. The thing is that they will need him later....he really needs to get his shit together.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Meh, really doesn't matter how good or bad Edwards was.....I mean you score one run against a bad pitching staff and you just made your own problems. The thing is that they will need him later....he really needs to get his shit together.

Padres pitched a good game today. It happens. Sometimes you take L's. Edwards is a big problem though. If he can ever get back on track, suddenly, the game can get real short for Cubs opponents. But he can't seem to get his head in the game.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Padres pitched a good game today. It happens. Sometimes you take L's. Edwards is a big problem though. If he can ever get back on track, suddenly, the game can get real short for Cubs opponents. But he can't seem to get his head in the game.

They don't need Edwards. That is a myth. Cubs have talked to Det about both Castellanos and Shane Greene. Greene has control for 2020. So that deal would cost pretty heavy in prospects.

Nick's D in RF is shit. Lets be honest here. But here is the thing: Cubs vs LHP: .232/.317/.405 Nick .377/.451/.639. So sometimes you just have to address the major need and adjust around it.

As far as talent I'm 100% certain that Detroit would want Brailyn Marquez. I could see them asking for Caratini. John Hicks and Bobby Wilson can't hit for shit. Send them Mills. They need a rotation arm. Edwards. Just as a toss in. They can have Happ also. At this point might as well send all of the cast offs. Maybe they can figure it out. Det did trade for Jeimer Candelaro and Isaac Paredes so they should know the Cubs system.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not saying they need Edwards, I'm saying if he could get his shit together, the Cubs could essentially make games 5 innings with him, Cishek, Strop, & Kimbrel closing it out. That would be devastating. If they can land Greene, even better. Pretty sure there are teams that can give more than the Cubs could.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They don't need Edwards. That is a myth. Cubs have talked to Det about both Castellanos and Shane Greene. Greene has control for 2020. So that deal would cost pretty heavy in prospects.

Nick's D in RF is shit. Lets be honest here. But here is the thing: Cubs vs LHP: .232/.317/.405 Nick .377/.451/.639. So sometimes you just have to address the major need and adjust around it.

As far as talent I'm 100% certain that Detroit would want Brailyn Marquez. I could see them asking for Caratini. John Hicks and Bobby Wilson can't hit for shit. Send them Mills. They need a rotation arm. Edwards. Just as a toss in. They can have Happ also. At this point might as well send all of the cast offs. Maybe they can figure it out. Det did trade for Jeimer Candelaro and Isaac Paredes so they should know the Cubs system.

Good Lord....you are ChiBears revisited. Let's pack up all the Cubs shit and trade it another team. If the Cubs don't want these guys why do you think another MLB GM will want them. This isn't a video game....these guys fuck up and they lose their jobs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not saying they need Edwards, I'm saying if he could get his shit together, the Cubs could essentially make games 5 innings with him, Cishek, Strop, & Kimbrel closing it out. That would be devastating. If they can land Greene, even better. Pretty sure there are teams that can give more than the Cubs could.

You should be saying it because you are right....if not Edwards, somebody similar. Baseball is getting to be a 3/4 pitcher game and while the starters get days off, you can't can't keep throwing the same relief pitchers out there every day. You have to gives these guys a breather and you need other guys to take up the slack when the main guys can't go. You know Maddon doesn't like sending a guy like Brach out there in a close game, same with Chatwood but somebody has to do it when Strop , Cishek and Kimbrel can't. Edwards becoming Edwards again would be a Godsend.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good Lord....you are ChiBears revisited. Let's pack up all the Cubs shit and trade it another team. If the Cubs don't want these guys why do you think another MLB GM will want them. This isn't a video game....these guys fuck up and they lose their jobs.

Players are valued on talent. Each person that I listed has talent. Happ just needs to quiet his strike outs. Edwards still has a high spin rate. I believe that he should add a cutter. The curve is crap. Mills is a major league quality starting pitcher.

All 3 are in a situation where they need to be able to grow. Which means failure and getting up from it. Cubs are a competitive team and that is not acceptable. Det is not and that environment is required to develop talent.

We are talking about a expiring contract and a closer type with a year attached. Caratini is a starting catcher with control. That has plus value. That is desirable to a team like Det. Mills gives them a SP option. They have lost pitching depth and might trade their ace. Happ is just a toss in but fixed he has impact. Edwards again a toss in but a ML quality relief pitcher that really needs a quality 2nd offering.

Marquez might be the hardest throwing LHSP prospect in baseball. He is on the rise and Theo might even balk on dealing him on a return like this.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
this is the thing, our best pitcher in Wrigley this year has been Kintzler and he just gets forgotten when Edwards is back around. Yeah, Edwards is lost, talking to himself, its not good. This is why Happ is still in Iowa possibly reviving some small sense of value. Thats why CJ should have stayed there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
this is the thing, our best pitcher in Wrigley this year has been Kintzler and he just gets forgotten when Edwards is back around. Yeah, Edwards is lost, talking to himself, its not good. This is why Happ is still in Iowa possibly reviving some small sense of value. Thats why CJ should have stayed there.

That is why Theo was targeting Greene. Strop and Cishek are gone next year. Kintzler is a F/A. Morrow you have to doubt that they pick up. So it is an intelligent move to go after a legit set up now. It pushes Cishek into a roll that has been less reliably manned by pitchers like Edwards and Brach.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'll clear the air that this talk of posters supposedly wanting to trade Baez as muchado about nothing. There were some sportscasters who wanted to trade Baez and posters complained about it and I supported the discussion of Baez being tradable. Looking at his numbers at the time, there wouldn't be any reason why some sportscasters wouldn't be discussing it.