IST: Cubs vs Reds(@choad35)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I stopped responding to Chibears/Choad until he posted today under the stealth moniker of “HeyWhereDidChoyneGo, BTW_IamNotHim_MyNameHasNumbers”.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bote is an average fielder not hitting much. He strikes out way too often, and in a juiced ball season, shows little power. He is A 3B option in a pinch, but I wouldn’t call him a “good option”.

Garcia has only one potential position 2B. He is our worst defensive option, but where else can he go? Not SS or 3B. OF? No thanks. If he hits, and is ok at 2B (not terrible), then ok. But he has limited upside and versatility compared to others.

His power can help though if he is used as PH when not starting. I just don’t know how much to reasonably expect offensively. So far, very encouraging in very short stint.

I see Garcia as a LF. If Soriano can do that and even improve with a quality OF coach to teach him routes.

The only issue is if he is slow as fuck. In either reguard. Then he is just a ticking time bomb.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I see Garcia as a LF. If Soriano can do that and even improve with a quality OF coach to teach him routes.

The only issue is if he is slow as fuck. In either reguard. Then he is just a ticking time bomb.
Schwarber, even as underwhelming as he is, is a better option as is Contreras.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Yeah, put the guy who was playing in italy for 5 years in the Ben Zobrist role.

My god some of our fans make our fan base look so damned stupid.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Welp.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Wtf. Why did Mills start?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL already down 3-0.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Let's hope the offense decides to show up tonight.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I refuse to believe the cubs didn't have a better option than Mills tonight.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still curious what your thoughts were on the potential Contreras foot surgery.

You know, the only way anyone pays any attention to what he says is when it's so pitifully stupid that you can't help it. Like he of all people, calling Cub fans stupid. It's gotta be Maddon's fault, right? He blames Maddon for everything else, so why not? Getting back to the Contreras/Strop thing.....I always thought that these were finely tuned pro athletes. I mean, I'm so fucking out of shape that I should be put down like a horse yet I think I can still run 200 feet and I'm pretty damn sure I can run to first base without pulling a hammy.

But....it is Maddon's fault....right?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am eager to see Maldonado’s framing.

Hopefully some pitches make it to his glove this inning.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Those fuckers. How dare they not get eight plus every day!

Spare me your nonsense. It's 0-3 in the 1st. Hoping the offense has a good game is a perfectly reasonable responsible to a bad early inning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You know, the only way anyone pays any attention to what he says is when it's so pitifully stupid that you can't help it. Like he of all people, calling Cub fans stupid. It's gotta be Maddon's fault, right? He blames Maddon for everything else, so why not? Getting back to the Contreras/Strop thing.....I always thought that these were finely tuned pro athletes. I mean, I'm so fucking out of shape that I should be put down like a horse yet I think I can still run 200 feet and I'm pretty damn sure I can run to first base without pulling a hammy.

But....it is Maddon's fault....right?
Hamstring pulls occur because guys are tight, not because they’re “fat tubs of goo”, to use a Letterman favorite.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Spare me your nonsense. It's 0-3 in the 1st. Hoping the offense has a good game is a perfectly reasonable responsible to a bad early inning.
Agreed.
Implying a team that score 21 in the last 3 games has not been getting offense is not reasonable.