IST: Cubs VS Rockies Discussion Thread

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the White Sox trolls had was the Cubs being worse than their team. Beginning next season the Sox will be so much less than the Cubs that they won't just take a back seat. The Sox will take a spot in the cramped third row back seat in a small SUV.

The middle bitch seat.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And they just won 2 of 3 from the best team in NL on road before this, so what your point ?

This team is doing better then what most you haters thought, and even after trading the 2 starters , which you all thought they'd be even worse.

Theyve been playing pretty good ball last 3 weeks, above most expectations.

Colorado is actually #1 in OB% at home.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The second one I am pretty sure was a slider. The first one is kind of hard. It could have been changeup. It was an 85 MPH pitch that was inside. Flande slider and change sit around there.

So he's already adjusting to them pitching him inside....nice.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
All the White Sox trolls had was the Cubs being worse than their team. Beginning next season the Sox will be so much less than the Cubs that they won't just take a back seat. The Sox will take a spot in the cramped third row back seat in a small SUV.

I totally agree with this. Most Sox fans are jealous that the Cubs fans keep showing up even when they're bad, even really bad. A very large reason for the trolling, IMO. They have no idea how much worse this will be once the Cubs do field a team. And to me, it's gonna be funny watching them to continue to TRY to troll. :lol:

ZAN

Liked Posts:
No he's not

Funny, because I basically leave the game on in the adjacent room, and sprint in when he's up to bat...but leave right after his AB has finished.

Could care less if we win right now (I'd actually like to see us lose, so we can get one more top 3 pick)...but I've watched 14 ABs of Javier Baez and 0 ABs of everyone else over the last 3 days. I think that classifies as must-watch at this point. But you're a Sox fan...so it's obvious you wouldn't care.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Funny, because I basically leave the game on in the adjacent room, and sprint in when he's up to bat...but leave right after his AB has finished.

Could care less if we win right now (I'd actually like to see us lose, so we can get one more top 3 pick)...but I've watched 14 ABs of Javier Baez and 0 ABs of everyone else over the last 3 days. I think that classifies as must-watch at this point. But you're a Sox fan...so it's obvious you wouldn't care.

So Hendricks isn't worth the watch? Back to back jacks isn't worth the watch?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Could care less if we win right now (I'd actually like to see us lose, so we can get one more top 3 pick)...

That's been my thinking too. I wanted to see the kids but I wanted a top pick as well. I figured that we'd draft a pitcher with, hopefully, the top pick. However, I'm changing my tune a little as I think the Cubs showing that they are ready to start to compete will hopefully attract better FA's in the off season.

My thinking is now they might go with the best C they can land with a top 10 pick. I can see them adding another C prosect to bring up with some of the pitching prospects they bring in. Anyone know the C prospects coming out this year?

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Ok ? Dodgers have best record in NL..which I stated

I'm just going with what the announcers said during the 1st game. Colorado is terrible on the road, but I guess pretty good at home as far as OB%. That was my only point. Totally agree with you about LA, and the fact that the Cubs are actually playing pretty good ball. It's enjoyable to actually watch a game again for me.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And u r entitled to your dream

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Im a baseball fan and Baez is not must see. In fact no current Cub is. MUST SEE is rare

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
After 3 years of rebuilding, it's all 'must see' for the Cubs right now. :shot:

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Im a baseball fan and Baez is not must see. In fact no current Cub is. MUST SEE is rare

Pretty much any Chicago media member is watching them now because of Baez, all the local radio shows are saying they would prefer to watch Baez over the Bears first pre season game.

If you're not a Cub fan I could understand why you wouldn't care. But Cub fans everywhere consider it a MUSE SEE.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Pretty much any Chicago media member is watching them now because of Baez, all the local radio shows are saying they would prefer to watch Baez over the Bears first pre season game.

If you're not a Cub fan I could understand why you wouldn't care.

The Chicago Media always has, you just don';t enjoy baseball that much to have noticed.
All the talk is the Bears Pre-Season game. Try the local sports media. You may like it.

But Cub fans everywhere consider it a MUSE SEE.

Right Cub Fans. that does not make it MUST SEE. It makes it MUST SEE for Cub Fans only. Thanks for agree with me.