IST: Cubs VS Rockies Discussion Thread

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Looking better at the plate.. gotta lay off taking big swings at pitches off plate and make them get closer to plate

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking better at the plate.. gotta lay off taking big swings at pitches off plate and make them get closer to plate

Its a very fine line the Cubs have to play with Baez. You dont want him to change his approach because its why he is an XBH machine, but you want to harness it. He will always have swing and miss and he will always swing like he is trying to kill someone. They have to tweak him to take his walks and to drive the mistakes.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Its a very fine line the Cubs have to play with Baez. You dont want him to change his approach because its why he is an XBH machine, but you want to harness it. He will always have swing and miss and he will always swing like he is trying to kill someone. They have to tweak him to take his walks and to drive the mistakes.
I heard cubs weren't going to do anything with him as far as adjustment this year.. Their just gonna let him be and work on whatever needs to be worked on in off season.

I dont mind the big swings , he just needs to show a better eye on pitches he swinging at.

he gotta lay off those fastballs or breaking balls off the plate like he did that last AB and force pitcher to come in more on him..

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They don't need to tweak him. He made the adjustments in AAA to take more walks. They expect to get him his 50 games, go into the off-season and let him focus on whatever changes he needs to make at the MLB level then.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't need to tweak him. He made the adjustments in AAA to take more walks. They expect to get him his 50 games, go into the off-season and let him focus on whatever changes he needs to make at the MLB level then.

Yes, I am not sure I said otherwise. lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yea I think hendricks and wada have filled in quite nicely for samardzija and hammel.... dont look like cubs will he breaking any lost record this year, may not even get to 100 either... so much for all those haters saying this would be the worse team in history

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
:drool: :jizz:

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somebody get this guy a napkin! He is oozing everywhere!

I need a swiffer wet jet to clean up the river of jizz I've made!

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Yea I think hendricks and wada have filled in quite nicely for samardzija and hammel.... dont look like cubs will he breaking any lost record this year, may not even get to 100 either... so much for all those haters saying this would be the worse team in history

They are on pace for 70 wins. It's almost like the 70-75 win prediction I had before the season might be right *gasp* :D

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Relax...it's the worst team in baseball in a band box