IST: Cubs VS Rockies Discussion Thread

chibears55

Liked Posts:
little late to the party here but I think the junk ball soft throwing pitchers will have a field day with Baez and his big swings until he adjusts...

reason why he up now, at least I hope is part of the reason...
they have 40+ games to just watch him do what he does against major leage level and then whatever mechanical flaws they see, they can adjust and work with him all off season to get him ready for 2015

tonight he will go 2 for 4 with a HBP and 1 HR....

cubs need to get into that bullpen early after they were all over used yesterday because starter left early and extra innings

Liked Posts:
Deshaies is really bland. They should have picked Karros.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Think they should give him day off tomorrow to sit next to Mueller to discuss approach and situations as he sits and watches

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Just needs to watch film and get coached up a bit. He just needs to play his game

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Baez has to be more patient

Yes, he will learn to work the count better. I like him being aggressive, however. I like the fact he's not intimidated. I liked when he turned the double and got up gave the base runner a look. He's dropping his shoulder a little , but these are things that the Cubs will fine tune.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I appreciate IR.. but whoever or however they do it in NY sucks

He was clearly safe as tie goes to runner but NY always takes the easy route on close plays and rules whatever umps call..

Liked Posts:
Baez has to be more patient

At this stage, he's doing what he should be doing. It's possible he's missing pitches he might normally crush because he's coming out of his shoes when he swings. Until the initial excitement if being in the bigs wears off, it might be hard to prevent this.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hey, the kid did not K last night. That says something. Small, but something.

Baez will be 1 for 5 2 K's tonight.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That homer showed his bat speed. That ball was well in and he still turned on it. Not a hard thrower, but that is what they talk about that he can get away with.

Castro follows up with a bomb of his own! Fuck, this lineup is going to get exciting at some point.