My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
LOL, it was even worse than you described. The idiot Matheny intentionally walked the go ahead run on base only to see that asswipe Ozuna absolutely butcher the play in left turning a single into a walk off double.
Why do you hate Ozuna?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Y'know, I get that this is the Dodgers' only trip to Chicago this year, and that they really don't want to have to postpone this. But we're about three hours past scheduled start on a 7:05 game.

What's the latest the Cubs have ever started a night game after a rain delay, I wonder...?

Len Kasper was on the score this morning, it was not only the rain last night, there was a power issue at the park which would have postponed the game even if it was not raining.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck this POS. I hate watching this asshole so much, I'm going out to cut the hedges....and I HATE cutting the hedges.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chatwood is awful. Fucking awful.
Brilliant idea Epstein, sign Colorado garbage pitching to a 3yr, $36million deal. lol

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I actually enjoy watching Chatwood. I find his hopeless striving bizarrely amusing.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Great work Chatwood :cubstroll2:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wtf. 4 walks before the 3rd

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Can’t wait for Darvish to return and send Chatwood to the overhaul

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
53 Pitches in 2 Innings

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But to be fair. He did come from a environment that repressed his pitch movement and now freed of it it is all over the place. Then you have the Cubs tinkering in season.

Seriously that should be done outside of competition where he can redevelop muscle memory. Release points are just part of the equation and they might have to rebuild him from the ground up. I think he should go back to a over the top pitcher myself and raise his arm slot. Which should reduce left/right ball movement which he needs to lessen.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
perfect time for KB to snap the slump

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
who knew the way to get bryant RBI ops was to bat him lead off

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Heyward can do some damage here, maeda sucks against Lefties

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Had the Cubs managed to walk away from a bases-loaded, one-out situation without scoring *again*, I was going to go cut the hedges.

In the rain.

Glad I get to stay dry for now...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Had the Cubs managed to walk away from a bases-loaded, one-out situation without scoring *again*, I was going to go cut the hedges.

In the rain.

Glad I get to stay dry for now...
HMMMMM....last year I was cutting hedges on the massive Omelet Estates and stepped in a gopher hole. Next thing I know I'm on my back looking at the sky with blood shooting everywhere. I had cut off a finger tip and most of a second one. $70,000 and 2 surgeries later I was back out their cutting hedges.Moral of the story: It's safer to watch Chatwood

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Ya. He is frustrating. His stuff is electric but damn like watching Marmol again.

I think Smoltz explained it pretty well, if it starts over the plate, it will be a ball, if it starts inside, its probably going to be a strike. Problem is, there is no indication that he knows where anything is going.

But, we take walks over hits, its not like each player that gets a walk would have made an out. But that crowd after the second pitch home run followed by walks and deep counts, wow.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think Smoltz explained it pretty well, if it starts over the plate, it will be a ball, if it starts inside, its probably going to be a strike. Problem is, there is no indication that he knows where anything is going.

But, we take walks over hits, its not like each player that gets a walk would have made an out. But that crowd after the second pitch home run followed by walks and deep counts, wow.

Raising his arm slot will reduce his movement. That way he can work up and down in the zone.

When he was drafted he was a 12/6 curve 4 seem high fastball guy that went over the top arm slot. Denver caused him to go 3/4 and change into a cutter pitcher due to the conditions.

He really should have done this in the offseason because I saw this coming a mile away.