Status
Not open for further replies.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Me and my big mouth.... 2-0 Isles, LOL

TCD

Liked Posts:
Ryan Strome is a brilliant young hockey player.

Caps defense is just so bad yet again and Holtlby is largely over-rated (even though I do like the guy personality wise). They never get it...playoff hockey means tight checking not counting on Ovechkin to score pretty goals.

I feel bad for anyone who didn't get a good chance to watch this Islanders team this year. You all missed out on something fun if you didn't get a chance. Young fun team with a lot of energy and drive.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well Holtby is out tonight with the flu surprisingly or something, maybe it's Mumps season 2.0 but I've been baffled by the sudden rise of high praise to Holtby this year with people proclaiming he is a top 5 goalie now.

He had one great postseason in 2012 jumping out of the blue when nobody saw it coming but since then, each year he's just been an average kinda goalie. Suddenly this year, under Barry Trotz he's now a star elite goalie? I highly doubt that, he's just finally got a quality defensive systemed coach working the team that will boost your regular season cred.

bad goal given by the Isles, I get it a guy lost a stick but everyone just slumped away from the point like they were literally short handed.

Reactions: TCD

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Thats what I love about this Isles team. They have their issues too, but they're still fun to watch.

As for Washington, TCD, that isn't Holtby out there. That's their 3rd stringer Phil Grubauer from Hershey out there. Holtby is out cause he's "sick".

Just wow. I'd puke all over the ice and still play til they dragged my ass off it.

TCD

Liked Posts:
meanwhile the goalie on the otherside will show why the Blues were stupid to let him go and how stupid it was for them to bounce him around. Halak was never an issue for the Blues. The issue was how the Blues treated him. He's a quality net minder.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
A quality netminder that likes to play the puck in a terrible fashion. He gave up a goal in game 1 due to that, but he's been notorious for that this year.

Oh look, another Isles goal.... 3-1, lol

TCD

Liked Posts:
That quality netminder is going to sweep the Caps and the leagues best goal scorer so one bad puck play that all goalies do isn't going to get him benched between periods like another goalie we know well.

Okposo..there is another under rated hockey player. Caps look horrible.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
meanwhile the goalie on the otherside will show why the Blues were stupid to let him go and how stupid it was for them to bounce him around. Halak was never an issue for the Blues. The issue was how the Blues treated him. He's a quality net minder.

It makes sense to me as why after just today I heard a diatribe about how Ken Hitchcock throughout his career has always been biased to preferring bigger goalies if they're at equal skill. I still didn't get the shift away from him but that makes sense. Sadly they must of disappointed him to of traded away Ben Bishop then. It all just lead to more foolish contrasting for them and then seeking that Miller trade.

Whatever, it's all good for the Hawks.

I think the Caps might need to call Vokun in or someone.

Reactions: TCD

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
That quality netminder is going to sweep the Caps and the leagues best goal scorer so one bad puck play that all goalies do isn't going to get him benched between periods like another goalie we know well.

Okposo..there is another under rated hockey player. Caps look horrible.

The only reason the Isles may ... win 5.... is because of the musical goalies the Caps are putting between the pipes, not because of the Isles. The Isles are merely taking advantage of the opponent in front of them.

You can throw a beer league goalie out there right now and he's likely better than anything the Caps have out there right now.

TCD

Liked Posts:
that quality net minder just got owned by ovechkin lol

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If it wasn't for that carom off Halak's skate, Ovie would have missed that.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the 1st period....

How cute the Caps show their colors early.... They have absolutely no faith in their backup goalie while Holtby is "sick". Why the hell is the goalie from Hershey starting tonight? Do they just want to go down 2-0 immediately?

Because Jason Peters is terrible. He sucked in every game he played for them this year.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I like that Ovechkin thought he scored the cup winning goal there but couldnt pop his gloves off to celebrate it properly.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope the Caps come back. Can't stand Islanders and their fans .

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Because Jason Peters is terrible. He sucked in every game he played for them this year.

He's the backup for a reason. If he's not as good as his title allows, then give someone else the position. Don't screw your team in the process by bringing in the AHL guy to start over your actual backup.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I really hope the Caps come back. Can't stand Islanders and their fans .

Really? THe Islanders fans have a reputation? Thought they died out in the early 90's most of them. Didn't even know the Islanders really had much of a following outside of the new hipster fans in brooklyn. Must be an eastcoast or central thing. I don't even think I know of any Islanders fans on the West coast and those I see around are pretty sad looking all the time.

I love the Islanders team myself. Think they are loaded with fun young talent with more coming up the pipeline. Don't know of them to be a team that burns many bridges anymore. Not since Billy Smith would break peoples legs and arms. But that was pretty awesome!!

TCD

Liked Posts:
Halak sucks

Blues did the right thing by letting him go

TCD

Liked Posts:
They need to bench Halak hes a piece of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.