IST: Mets v Cubs

How Many Do The Cubs Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't think it has to be soon. If Castro continues to hit and plays a bit over average at SS and Russell continues to hit .250 or better with some pop in his bat, wouldn't it be better to have him raking in AAA and use him as a trade piece? Or would you use castro as the trade piece, move Russell over and hope when Baez gets the call up, he doesn't miss a beat?

Not when there is a gaping hole at LF to fill.

Coghlan: .202/.282/.394 is not going to play out on a winning team. We could say that the team is winning in spite of his production.

Like I said. They are now 19-15. They are currently in the lead for the wild card and need to maintain the pace that the Cards set. To do so they have to remove some issues. One is Wood. He has proven this year that he is a liability as a starter. I believe he can become a decent middle reliet pitcher due to his SO ratio. But as it is he was a strong home pitcher acg 7 innings per and around 4-5 on the road. Well he just put up a road game at home. So that logic just ended. Not to mention he has become homer prone.

Now to the MI. I see no problem with moving Baez off of SS/2B an to LF. The fact is he is still a MI regardless if he plays LF or not. I see it as getting his bat into the line up by any means. LF is an opportunity this year. There is no prime OF option until you get to McKinney at (just promoted) AA. Almora is a CF candidate. Those 2 I'm thinking most likely are viewed as the long term guys in 2 years time. This year and next they could use Baez there and when it starts getting crowded make a trade to clear a spot and reduce payroll. (Castro).

Now yes there is a need for a arm for sure. But they have talent up and down the system and nothing says that they can not use guys like Torres, Jimenez etc to get back a starter.

End of the day I could see Russell at SS and Baez at 2B. It probable will end up the best D combo and best hitting combo there but not right now. They can not afford to lose Castro in the line up when the season has meaning.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Great call Fisch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job, Shawnometer, :lmao:

Brett05: :cubspalm:

HAHA

Both fisch and Silence stepped out on the limb after the CUbs won three and four games respectively.

:facepalm:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think it has to be soon. If Castro continues to hit and plays a bit over average at SS and Russell continues to hit .250 or better with some pop in his bat, wouldn't it be better to have him raking in AAA and use him as a trade piece? Or would you use castro as the trade piece, move Russell over and hope when Baez gets the call up, he doesn't miss a beat?

Honestly, I don't think you can trade Castro until you know that Baez can play in the bigs. When he was an unknown you could have but now that you have some data on him at the big league level, I think the risk is too great to roll those dice.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Not when there is a gaping hole at LF to fill.

Coghlan: .202/.282/.394 is not going to play out on a winning team. We could say that the team is winning in spite of his production.

Like I said. They are now 19-15. They are currently in the lead for the wild card and need to maintain the pace that the Cards set. To do so they have to remove some issues. One is Wood. He has proven this year that he is a liability as a starter. I believe he can become a decent middle reliet pitcher due to his SO ratio. But as it is he was a strong home pitcher acg 7 innings per and around 4-5 on the road. Well he just put up a road game at home. So that logic just ended. Not to mention he has become homer prone.

Now to the MI. I see no problem with moving Baez off of SS/2B an to LF. The fact is he is still a MI regardless if he plays LF or not. I see it as getting his bat into the line up by any means. LF is an opportunity this year. There is no prime OF option until you get to McKinney at (just promoted) AA. Almora is a CF candidate. Those 2 I'm thinking most likely are viewed as the long term guys in 2 years time. This year and next they could use Baez there and when it starts getting crowded make a trade to clear a spot and reduce payroll. (Castro).

Now yes there is a need for a arm for sure. But they have talent up and down the system and nothing says that they can not use guys like Torres, Jimenez etc to get back a starter.

End of the day I could see Russell at SS and Baez at 2B. It probable will end up the best D combo and best hitting combo there but not right now. They can not afford to lose Castro in the line up when the season has meaning.

The trades that yourself and a lot of others want to make seem to be about improving the team fro a pennant race this year. Literally 4 days ago people were looking at the schedule and saying the team could be 9 games under .500 at the end of May. These are the ups and downs of a young team. With this many young contributors there is no way this team can win a World Series this year and that's always the goal. So if you can't win it this year you have other stepping stone goals which should be these; 1) buyers at the deadline and make deals to help the team improve, not just for this year but going forward 2) teach these kids how to play in meaningful games in August and September. Beyond that everything is gravy. Trades need to be more geared at next year than this year. I will say this though I've never seen a team get the concept of wanting to win every game with such a young core like this one. That's impressive. A lot of teams that win the 3 first games of a series to a Division leader and then go down 5-0 in the 4th game would pack it in and understandably so. Not these kids. They really never give up

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHA

Both fisch and Silence stepped out on the limb after the CUbs won three and four games respectively.

:facepalm:

I did it after the sweep. Get it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Live or die by every baseball game and your not gonna love a long life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did just that in the competitive Dusty Baker years. It was no way to live and no one wanted to be around me after a loss. I was worse during Bears season. I've since reformed.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I did just that in the competitive Dusty Baker years. It was no way to live and no one wanted to be around me after a loss. I was worse during Bears season. I've since reformed.

Football is a little different because it 16 games and most year you need 10 plus wins. Baseball is a 162 games and a game of averages. People have lost sight on how baseball does not go with the fast paced world. It takes time.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
If the loss of a team you follow impacts your mood in a dramatic way the line between fan and fanatic has been crossed.

Yep, and I crossed it for a time. Life is too short for that nonsense. I used to tell myself I wasn't as bad as some, I had a friend that broke 3 TV's over games, but it the end it was bad and just a release for other stuff of course. That was a different time and a different life.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, and I crossed it for a time. Life is too short for that nonsense. I used to tell myself I wasn't as bad as some, I had a friend that broke 3 TV's over games, but it the end it was bad and just a release for other stuff of course. That was a different time and a different life.

Ive punched things before like after the Saints 49ers epic playoff game but then I just got drunk. My adrenaline was going so much that I punched a tiki man. Mistake, dude was a gangster and made out of concrete. lol