IST: Nationals vs Cubs

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Never been a fan of base stealing. Never will be.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Awful, awful play by Strop.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don’t. If they were they would have with Manny.

Baez makes his most mistakes at SS. That is why he gets shifted between 3B and 2B vs taking over. Russell has been the weakest link in the IF but he is still there and it relates to his D. OBA .333 is sub par for his SLG

I’m thinking that you are working the manny angle here but that is pretty far fetched.
Not necessarily...
Im sure Orioles asking price from the cubs was more then cubs had or wanted to give up for another rental...

Whether they have legit interest in Machado or look to someone else to play SS, Russell a guy they could use to bring in a SP or near ready prospects ...

I just believe were going to see some changes with the position players and rotation...
We'll see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not necessarily...
Im sure Orioles asking price from the cubs was more then cubs had or wanted to give up for another rental...

Whether they have legit interest in Machado or look to someone else to play SS, Russell a guy they could use to bring in a SP or near ready prospects ...

I just believe were going to see some changes with the position players and rotation...
We'll see

I look at it from a payroll point of view. They have not gone into the tax. Then D wise Manny is a major down grade.

I would be far more likely to believe that they would push Baez to SS vs sign a down grade D wise. If this was 3B or a corner OF then I would agree that it is likely.

Manny is a great 3B. SS he is not

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But along trade chips it is Montgomery and Q. Those are the better 2. Smyly slides into the 3rd lefty and they have Alzolay in the pipe in case.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
But along trade chips it is Montgomery and Q. Those are the better 2. Smyly slides into the 3rd lefty and they have Alzolay in the pipe in case.
Smyley...LMAO
The love for Smyley here
Lol

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Luv dat guy

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Should make a bet on that. He makes the rotation next year you shine him on your banner

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Was the turning point of the game Rizzo's 13 pitch AB in the 6th?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fwiw the Brewers are getting their asses beat by Atlanta (only game on in this bar). Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fwiw the Brewers are getting their asses beat by Atlanta (only game on in this bar). Cheers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Atlanta is back for the next couple of years. They are playing over their heads but they have what's considered the best farm system to go with an already talented roster

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can the real Lester please stand up?

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I saw this yesterday, but I wasn't feeling good enough to comment on it. (I'm on a short-term disability leave; in three weeks I'm getting a badly malfunctioning gallbladder removed. That means I have more free time to watch games and comment on them here, but on the other hand, when I'm having a rough spell in this semi-continuous gallbladder attack, I'm not able to sit up and type on my computer. Just wait until the week or two after the surgery, when I'm home but also on heavy painkillers; my posts ought to get real entertaining then. ;) )

Anyway, yesterday, when I got back home from a doctor visit, the game was in the bottom of the 7th inning. After Joe got tossed over the out-of-baseline call, starting around the top of the 8th, on the MLB Gameday website, a fourth and fifth player started to be listed on Washington's bench. One was listed as Miller, W -- with no position or stats listed -- and the other was listed as Maddon, J. He was listed as a Catcher, but with no stats.

When you clicked on the names, you got the standard MLB website's entry on the "player". In each case, it stated that the "player" had no stats available for the 2018 season. Clicking on Miller got a page for William Miller, age 51, no position listed; clicking on Maddon got a page for Joseph John Maddon, age 64, Catcher. I even recall it stating that Joe's handedness is B/T R/R... :D

I was highly amused. I just wonder, how the bloody fuck could something like that happen? And, why the hell would the MLB website have player pages for non-players? And, finally -- Joe on Washington's bench? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

:D :D :D

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Let’s have the NL RBI leader bunt. Then get picked off. Fantastic.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Gotta suck to constantly play from behind because starters are giving up runs in the first 2 innings...

Baez bunting at a ball up near his head

Rizzo, so far off the base, did he think he was playing 1st

Well..lets see if they can do like yesterday..

Lester needs to hold them and hope the bats can score some runs

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does Lester have an injury that he isn't reporting? Chatwood has been better in the 2nd half

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lester sucks again...