IST: Nationals vs Cubs

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's fewer innings than what Clayton Kershaw had thrown in the playoffs when everyone decided conclusively that he "couldn't pitch in the postseason."

still not a small % of a season despite your attempts to misrepresent the numbers. And add to the fact its over the course of 8 starts, no postseason is equal to 8 starts. thanks for playing though.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF. I think you people have let the season of "Jake" affect your thought process. The vast majority of starting pitchers just don't blow through a season pitching one good game after another. The season Jake had in 2015 was an outlier...he never had one like that before and never will again. Just because Lester is the #1 doesn't assure he will pitch like one every game or even every other game. Admittedly, it would be nice but extremely unrealistic. Bob Gibson had 2 seasons like Jake, Randy Johnson had a few as did Koufax...Nolan Ryan never had one that good. Lester could continue to have his problems or he could just as easily knock off two or three good starts in a row. The only thing consistent about baseball is that there is very little consistency. If a hitter gets a hit 30% of the time, he's a star....a starter wins 20 out of 33 starts and he's a Cy Young candidate. There will almost always be a downswing for all players somewhere along the way....you just hope they get them out of the way before October.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
WTF. I think you people have let the season of "Jake" affect your thought process. The vast majority of starting pitchers just don't blow through a season pitching one good game after another. The season Jake had in 2015 was an outlier...he never had one like that before and never will again. Just because Lester is the #1 doesn't assure he will pitch like one every game or even every other game. Admittedly, it would be nice but extremely unrealistic. Bob Gibson had 2 seasons like Jake, Randy Johnson had a few as did Koufax...Nolan Ryan never had one that good. Lester could continue to have his problems or he could just as easily knock off two or three good starts in a row. The only thing consistent about baseball is that there is very little consistency. If a hitter gets a hit 30% of the time, he's a star....a starter wins 20 out of 33 starts and he's a Cy Young candidate. There will almost always be a downswing for all players somewhere along the way....you just hope they get them out of the way before October.

No one is expecting every game to be dominant or even average or decent.
He has amassed 8 games of sub-standard, often atrocious, pitching.
If you can't analytically look at the numbers and determine that over the course of these 8 games that something isn't right, well then something isn't right about you.
This is THE WORST STRETCH OF BASEBALL in his CAREER. There is no way to sugarcoat this "as just a blip."
Not sure how anyone come to any other conclusion. My friends that have even played minor league ball --one of which played with him in minor league ball--has said something isn't right. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and hope he figures it out and maybe take a rest. Just stop already.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one is expecting every game to be dominant or even average or decent.
He has amassed 8 games of sub-standard, often atrocious, pitching.
If you can't analytically look at the numbers and determine that over the course of these 8 games that something isn't right, well then something isn't right about you.
This is THE WORST STRETCH OF BASEBALL in his CAREER. There is no way to sugarcoat this "as just a blip."
Not sure how anyone come to any other conclusion. My friends that have even played minor league ball --one of which played with him in minor league ball--has said something isn't right. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid and hope he figures it out and maybe take a rest. Just stop already.

No, you just stop. What exactly can your hand wringing do about it? Can it change anything? Will he pitch better because your upset? I know I can't do anything about it, so why go into "woe is me mode"? If you want to continue to whine about it, be my guest...it does supply some mild entertainment.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
still not a small % of a season despite your attempts to misrepresent the numbers. And add to the fact its over the course of 8 starts, no postseason is equal to 8 starts. thanks for playing though.

Multiple postseasons are equal to eight starts, however.

Thanks for playing.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Multiple postseasons are equal to eight starts, however.

Thanks for playing.

Lol. Now we've officially moved the goal posts to make this occur over several postseasons. Keep trying though cupcake.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, you just stop. What exactly can your hand wringing do about it? Can it change anything? Will he pitch better because your upset? I know I can't do anything about it, so why go into "woe is me mode"? If you want to continue to whine about it, be my guest...it does supply some mild entertainment.

Translation = I was wrong so change the point of the discussion. Brilliant move.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Can you cupcakes just stop whining and get back to discussing Schwarber's weight gain since the season started?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After these last few years of 55's constant doom posting, it appears some has rubbed off onto Bama.

Sorry Bama, didn't really mean that. Dead serious about the doom shit, same thing every season from that guy.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After these last few years of 55's constant doom posting, it appears some has rubbed off onto Bama.

I agree, I always found his stuff here and on the Bears Forum to be pretty interesting. I just don't get why people get so crazy about baseball. Good Lord, they play a gazillion damn games and will lose a lot of them...taking that many losses to heart will kill you.

As for 55, he went on "ignore" a couple of weeks ago. Just too much loser talk for me.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, I always found his stuff here and on the Bears Forum to be pretty interesting. I just don't get why people get so crazy about baseball. Good Lord, they play a gazillion damn games and will lose a lot of them...taking that many losses to heart will kill you.

As for 55, he went on "ignore" a couple of weeks ago. Just too much loser talk for me.

Comes across as him being excited for the day when he can say I told you all it would be bad.#calledit

So many things can happen, look where the team is now without a lot of players standing out and some out with injuries. I don't see it as flipping a switch, more like players stepping up their game and even getting hot.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Terrible throw from Heyward.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Lol. Now we've officially moved the goal posts to make this occur over several postseasons. Keep trying though cupcake.

I was always referring to his first four postseasons-that's what the comparable sample size is. But you do you, champ.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Comes across as him being excited for the day when he can say I told you all it would be bad.#calledit

So many things can happen, look where the team is now without a lot of players standing out and some out with injuries. I don't see it as flipping a switch, more like players stepping up their game and even getting hot.

yeah, he loves to jump up in front of the class waving his arms screaming "I said this or I said that". Never once (and he's had many, many chances to do so) has he ever said "damn, I was off base on that one". Instead, we get some lame ass excuse. He's very childlike. Probably still lives at home with his parents and works in a warehouse somewhere.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This guy doesn't need any help but the Cubs are giving it to him regardless...they've probably swung at just as many balls as they have taken.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Too bad they couldn't of gotten Hamels in the offseason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Damn fine work by Hamels. Too bad we didn’t burn Lester vs Scherzer.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
David fuckn Bote

That is all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk