Shane "the God" Battier's offensive numbers for the series

37.4 mpg
11.6 ppg
61.3% fg%
57.7% 3pt%
71.4% ft%
0.4 apg

All hail the real finals MVP. :smug:

Key move by Spoelstra was taking Joel Anthony out of the lineup and plugging Battier in, which they hadnt done all season before the playoffs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RamiTheBullsFan was irate over Joel Anthony's lack of playing time in the Finals. Hence, Spoelstra is smarter than RamiTheBullsFan, which is probably true.

Or Scott Brooks is that much of an idiot for not playing his big men enough.

At the end of the day, I was among the sub-40% who believed Miami would win the series amongst this group and "Sportsnation."

So there it is.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

At the end of the day, I was among the sub-40% who believed Miami would win the series amongst this group and "Sportsnation."

So there it is.

Believed or wanted? A lot of people picked OKC because they didn't want Miami to win. :shrug:

I for one never doubted Miami's ability to win the title, I just really rooted against it. I also thought the Thunder would put up a better fight, but it is what it is.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
Sorry I couldn't make it here last night. I was playing the drinking game.

The only rule was, you must take a shot every time LeBron says "me", "I", or "myself" during the post game press conference.

It was tragic, many people died of alcohol poisoning that night.

I chose to only take a shot when LeBron mentioned his teammates. Or in other words, I was the designated driver.

He did say "us" one time during the conference, so I guess I can give him a break for that. Even though it was when he said "us losing the finals" last year.

Losing the finals = "US"

Winning the finals = "ME"

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, because Brooks playing his big men more and allowing Miami's smaller faster lineup to drive by OKC's big men sure would have worked out awesome. Miami was getting to the lane plenty with OKC's smaller lineup out there. Did you want to see Miami dunk more?

LOL at Rami patting himself on the back for the Heat winning and rationalizing his "intelligence" based on a show on ESPN hosted by Colin Cowherd.

ZOMG guyz! I picked the Heat to win the series!
Wow, congrats.

Impressive. Please regale us with more basketball knowlege nuggets about how Oscar Robertson may not be better than Clyde Drexler, Boris Diaw is a fat Lebron James, and Thabo Sefolosha is the Thunders power forward.

Last edited:

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
The true tragedy is that you weren't among those many people, so we will continue to be subjected to your Ding Dong Force postings.

Rory and FirstTimer both show up together and post something in the same minute. Who would've though?

No, I can't stay mad at you. Look at you, standing there on your hind legs like a couple of Rory Calhouns.

Sorry I missed your circle jerk party.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
if i could thank this post a million times, i would

You certainly cannot thank his post a million times.
But you can however thank it a second time.
captain-jack-flack.gif

Just log in as Captain Jack Flack.
Do you need the password? :troll:

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yo0HeFqGGc]Billy Madison - peace im outta here - YouTube[/ame]

sicko

Liked Posts:
Congrats to LeBron and the Miami Heat

some of you gotta just let go and let it be and hope that our Bulls can put together a Championship team that can prevent Miami from DOMINATING THIS LEAGUE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS, you don't want a snow ball effect in which they are just winning it every year, somebody has to build up a team that will make it extremely hard for Miami to even get out of the East

but I never had such a HATEFUL GRUDGE against LeBron, I love watching the guy play, he is one of the best All Around players I ever seen and I have never in my life seen a talent like a Bron as far as his SIZE and Speed and Strength, he is a 90's Version PF (i.e. Anthony Mason and Larry Johnson but he moves like a SG and he is a Shut Down Defender, can Guard up to 4 Positions, the guy just won a Championship basically play PF with Bosh playing Center and Battier play SF

Just give the man his respect and stop being so damn insecure...Jordan legacy is SAFE, it is nothing Kobe and LeBron can do to ever surpass MJ Legacy so it is no need for my fellow Bulls fans to hate LeBron and Kobe out of FEAR that they may pass MJ Legacy

Congrats to LeBron and Miami...hopefully this was a wake up call to Gar and John that they have to improve this team to get past Miami...all these AVERAGE PLAYERS that we the fans overrate because they play for our Bulls (like Deng, Noah, Boozer, Watson, Asik), we are not going to beat Miami or win a Championship with that group, especially when our best player is coming off of a serious Knee Injury and will likely miss most of the 2012/13 Regular Season and you certainly don't want to rush him back, Bulls better figure out a way to get their own Big 2 while Rose is trying to recover, we can't keep building around Rose when we don't even know what type of player he will be after the Knee Injury

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't vote in poll that starts this thread, but before the series began, I flipped a coin. Heads was Miami, tails was the Thunder. Came up heads, so I guess I was part of that under 40%

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Congrats to LeBron and the Miami Heat

some of you gotta just let go and let it be and hope that our Bulls can put together a Championship team that can prevent Miami from DOMINATING THIS LEAGUE FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS, you don't want a snow ball effect in which they are just winning it every year, somebody has to build up a team that will make it extremely hard for Miami to even get out of the East

but I never had such a HATEFUL GRUDGE against LeBron, I love watching the guy play, he is one of the best All Around players I ever seen and I have never in my life seen a talent like a Bron as far as his SIZE and Speed and Strength, he is a 90's Version PF (i.e. Anthony Mason and Larry Johnson but he moves like a SG and he is a Shut Down Defender, can Guard up to 4 Positions, the guy just won a Championship basically play PF with Bosh playing Center and Battier play SF

Just give the man his respect and stop being so damn insecure...Jordan legacy is SAFE, it is nothing Kobe and LeBron can do to ever surpass MJ Legacy so it is no need for my fellow Bulls fans to hate LeBron and Kobe out of FEAR that they may pass MJ Legacy

Congrats to LeBron and Miami...hopefully this was a wake up call to Gar and John that they have to improve this team to get past Miami...all these AVERAGE PLAYERS that we the fans overrate because they play for our Bulls (like Deng, Noah, Boozer, Watson, Asik), we are not going to beat Miami or win a Championship with that group, especially when our best player is coming off of a serious Knee Injury and will likely miss most of the 2012/13 Regular Season and you certainly don't want to rush him back, Bulls better figure out a way to get their own Big 2 while Rose is trying to recover, we can't keep building around Rose when we don't even know what type of player he will be after the Knee Injury

I never actually personally hated Lebron.....Like many NBA fans around America, I was just one of the many that got pissed that he didn't sign with my team......LoL

Would of been great if he was a Bull.........maybe when his contract is up he can take his talents to the windy city, but I'm not holding my breath..

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Lebron. Always liked him as a player, & other than "the decision", have like him off the court as well. The Lebron hate I always felt was never justified. It was alot of butthurt fans, bitching because he didn't choose their team. That was probably 95% of this forum, maybe even closer to 99%. However, the hate should have ALWAYS been directed at his partner, Dwayne Wade. On & off the court this guy is an incredible douche. He is the one who orchestrated the Big 3. He also attempted to sabotage the Bulls free agency twice (once with his comments about how "unloyal" the organization is & again when sitting in on Bosh's meeting with the team to insure that he was not signing a contract). Not to mention, meeting with the Bulls on his own when he had ZERO interest in signing here.

The only thing I hate about Miami winning is that their front-running, poser "fans" get to celebrate a championship now.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
LOL...giving new meaning to the term "painfully unfunny".

Dude is the CCS Rodeo clown...shows up...says absolutely nothing...and dishes out his brand of one-liners like he's Mitch Hedberg...then he disappears.

The disappearing is the best part of act.

It must be great to live your life as background noise...on a forum.

Deng Defense Force

Liked Posts:
LOL...giving new meaning to the term "painfully unfunny".

Sorry Rory Swallow. Next time I will try come up with something as gleefully funny and original as "Ding Dong"?

Ding dong?

Seriously, who says ding dong?

Oh, thats right. 7 year olds living in 1980.

I eagerly await your next classic term. What's next?

Is it going to be "poopy pants" or "pee pee head"?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Lebron. Always liked him as a player, & other than "the decision", have like him off the court as well. The Lebron hate I always felt was never justified. It was alot of butthurt fans, bitching because he didn't choose their team. That was probably 95% of this forum, maybe even closer to 99%. However, the hate should have ALWAYS been directed at his partner, Dwayne Wade. On & off the court this guy is an incredible douche. He is the one who orchestrated the Big 3. He also attempted to sabotage the Bulls free agency twice (once with his comments about how "unloyal" the organization is & again when sitting in on Bosh's meeting with the team to insure that he was not signing a contract). Not to mention, meeting with the Bulls on his own when he had ZERO interest in signing here.

The only thing I hate about Miami winning is that their front-running, poser "fans" get to celebrate a championship now.

Man, I think we are the only two that look at it that way. I still remember reading some of the dumbest crap ever stated in the history of dumb crap...there was an opinion that Wade was justified in his criticisms. According to them, Wade watched with disgust how badly the organization treated...and these are his words...Jordan, Pippen.....and Ben Gordon....

HA! But yeah, I agree with you totally.