IST: Padres vs Cubs

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Torres could have brought a top line starter here, they chose to drop him on a rental. Sorry, but I could not see them doing this again without a resigning guarantee.

I posted how arrogant Russell sounded on that "candid" interview, so its not going to hurt me to see him go, pretty sure Javy is on track to forget about machado and give you stellar defense. Let Nico learn second base.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez has been absolutely freakish in the past 150 at bats. He may win the MVP if he keeps going. You looking 30 plus homers, 20 plus steals, gold glove d at 2 positions maybe a 3rd if needed. He has the highest extra base hit to plate appearance in the league. He is basically a top 10 guy in every category in the nl except obp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't either but Machado has been flat out bad defensively at SS. I really did want him for next season but $250 plus mil to downgrade significantly on D, even with the offensive benefits, simply isn't worth it to me.
Im looking at it like this now....

Epstein and Hoyer got 3 yrs left on Contract, and the core guys like Rizzo Baez Bryant Contreras Lester are all FA eligible around 2021..
So i dont think their overly concerned money wise, about the guys they have under control now and probably not much if their not planning on returning after 2021, when their contract expires...
So
Im thinking Epstein looking to try and get another Championship in this 3 year window now..

The SP hasn't exactly worked out the way he hoped, good arms but not exactly getting it done as expected right now..

I dont know if their considering on dropping the load on Machado or Harper but as i said before, i could see them using and not all, guys like Russell Schwarber Happ Almora Quintana Hendricks Chatwood to bring in pitching and or bats..

I just think Epstein going to moderately change the lineup up a bit and add 2 or 3 new SP...
Lester and Darvish and figure it out from there...

I think Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant Zobrist are the only definate ones of regular position players..
Like the SP , figure the rest out from there

So, that just my thinking for this offseason..

Let the attacks begin..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Never realized before but is Lastella slow or just a bad runner...lol
Twice today he looked like he had a piano on his back running

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Fixed that for you.

yeah, you are so convinced it would not have happened without him. That is your stance, you know mine. No assets to fill the needs of bad free agent choices, but you probably excuse the first two shit years of Heyward for what he is now in a contract year too.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Be nice to get at least 7 from Q today
So a couple extra runs here would help that

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They gonna blow this one now..

Wow

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Had to burn 4 relievers to get through the 8th

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez is fucking magic.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Javy just fun to watch no matter what he doing on the field

Hitting fielding throwing running sliding

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javy just fun to watch no matter what he doing on the field

Hitting fielding throwing running sliding

You should read Twitter about him. The people that hate on him is awesome. You know you made it when people constantly hate on you. There go to move is he doesn’t walk so he isn’t a complete ball player. Lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You should read Twitter about him. The people that hate on him is awesome. You know you made it when people constantly hate on you. There go to move is he doesn’t walk so he isn’t a complete ball player. Lol

Ive seen...

Ill take 8 Baez on my team because he a ballplayer and does things that helps this team try and win games every day

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not sure what Russell was thinking there...
Tag up

Ball drops he scores easily...
SS catches the ball as he did on ground and back to infield, he got a tough shot at getting him at home

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
yeah, you are so convinced it would not have happened without him.

Look at their 2016 relievers and tell me who closes all the playoff games if not Chapman. Hector Rondon for eight outs in Game 5? Carl Edwards, Jr. at the Giants in Game 4? Strop? Grimm? Your stance is demonstrably idiotic:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2016-pitching.shtml

No assets to fill the needs of bad free agent choices, but you probably excuse the first two shit years of Heyward for what he is now in a contract year too.

I don't.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why did he pull Kintzler after just 2 pitches?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Happ ????????

chibears55

Liked Posts:
David Bote just might be playing a bigger role for this team here on out with Bryant injury not healing

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at their 2016 relievers and tell me who closes all the playoff games if not Chapman. Hector Rondon for eight outs in Game 5? Carl Edwards, Jr. at the Giants in Game 4? Strop? Grimm? Your stance is demonstrably idiotic:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2016-pitching.shtml

I don't.

Chapman def. was a difference maker and heyward is not in a contract year. No way he opts the way the last off season went. I completely agree with you.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldn’t have been this close but a good win. When morrow comes back. This bullpen going to be tough