IST Pirates @ Cubs

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They weren't strikes even when showing on the pitch tracker during the game.

I am not talking about in game pitch tracker. I am talking about the graph Beck posted. If those dots are the center of the baseball then they are strikes. That is all I am saying.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I am not talking about in game pitch tracker. I am talking about the graph Beck posted. If those dots are the center of the baseball then they are strikes. That is all I am saying.
Ok, brett. I'm sure this data is somehow different than what is shown on TV.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ok, brett. I'm sure this data is somehow different than what is shown on TV.

What do you not understand Parade? I am asking about the chart that was shared in this thread and what it shows. Not really difficult. Sheesh.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Perhaps a stupid question. Those dots represent the center of the baseball right? If that is the case than those three pitches are strikes as the diameter of the ball touches the black of the plate.

Not entirely sure on the size representation but keep in mind the vertical/horizontal scale is in feet. So the fact you see space between "the black" and the spots means there's several inches between the the spot and the zone. Like I said if it was one occurrence of this happening then fine. Chalk it up to an up with a big zone but it's happened multiple games to Soler. And even in that game the same pitch wasn't called a strike vs other people.