(IST) SCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (2) Tampa Bay Lightning

Who will win this match up?

• Total voters

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Phyiscal presence? He runs a few guys into the boards when he feels like it, which is one game every two series, but doesn't create any space with his size and doesn't crash the net. Shaw brings more physical presence with his 5'10" frame.

leads the playoffs in hits...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Bickell had a hit midway through the playoffs (I think in the Minny series in a home game) where he went back to the bench in a bit of pain. Missed a few shifts afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something to a shoulder on the hit and has been playing rather hurt since.

He's been a big reason other teams D has been less effective as series have gone on. Getting hit by him hurts a hell of a lot worse than Shaw, Desi, or any of the other midgets.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
leads the playoffs in hits...

That is not a very reliable stat. All hits are not created equal, though I remember a game v. Minny where he was really laying good wood, most of the time the Hawks don't crush people like teams crush the Hawks.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is not a very reliable stat. All hits are not created equal, though I remember a game v. Minny where he was really laying good wood, most of the time the Hawks don't crush people like teams crush the Hawks.

I'm just used to it at this point. Our team plays the tough guy by getting up over and over again. They are Rocky V, or Ali absorbing punishment with a plan. They just get up and keep playing their own game. They are such tough SOB's. man to play like this with no protection.

italianbeef

Liked Posts:
I'm just used to it at this point. Our team plays the tough guy by getting up over and over again. They are Rocky V, or Ali absorbing punishment with a plan. They just get up and keep playing their own game. They are such tough SOB's. man to play like this with no protection.

Oh, I don't want the Hawks to try to be something they're not. I couldn't care less if we get doubled in the hits statistic, since it usually means we have the puck more.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bickell had a hit midway through the playoffs (I think in the Minny series in a home game) where he went back to the bench in a bit of pain. Missed a few shifts afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something to a shoulder on the hit and has been playing rather hurt since.

Read a ton of speculation from people that he's carrying an injury. He's also likely not the only player doing so.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Read a ton of speculation from people that he's carrying an injury. He's also likely not the only player doing so.

It's the playoffs, everyone is hurt. Crawford has been playing with a concussion since the Minnesota series but the medical staff makes him play anyways.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Really hope Crawford sobers up before tomorrow. Don't need him letting in anymore soft goals this series.

It was just 1.... The rest were redirections... I don't know how the Lightning ended up with that many in a game, but it happened. There were a few that Crow almost gave up, but still he should be back in the net for Game 3.

Fact of the matter is, that Tampa ice is bouncy and awful, and pucks were flying all over the place. Yes, it isn't and shouldn't be an excuse since both teams have to play on it. That said, though.... seriously, I can't wait til we get back to a normal ice surface in Chicago.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's the playoffs, everyone is hurt. Crawford has been playing with a concussion since the Minnesota series but the medical staff makes him play anyways.

Then what's Bickell's excuse?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Then what's Bickell's excuse?
I read Q admitted it was a head injury, but not a concussion so pinched nerve, neck, eyeball..who knows..I don't think Bickell could keep up with Tampas speed..if you want him in front of Bishop, they'll need to wait till he gets there..

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I am under-estimating the Bolts and liking it and believe I should. There is nothing anyone can say to sway me into thinking Tampa has any chance in hell. They just don't. Im not being a Hawks homer here either. There is just nothing that Tampa does better or has done better than the Hawks these playoffs. They are getting scoring? yippppieeeee so are the Hawks.

Its cute that TJ is leading the playoffs in points right now but he has also had 3 extra games on guys like Kane who are a point behind. TJ also has 24 penalty minutes..Kane has 0. Alot of the Bolts offensive leaders have pretty high penalty minutes these playoffs. Infact the entire team has been rich in penalty minutes these playoffs (including Stamkos). That says to me a few things. They have been chasing more than possessing. They are showing inexperience and youth. They are sloppy. Teams a fraud and the Eatern division makes them look way better than they actually are.

Only way the Hawks dont win the cup is if they beat themselves. Not going to happen 4 games. It's cute that people are trying to build up Tampa and this cup final but it's not going to be close. Tampa fans can talk themselves into thinking they have a chance all they want to..its adorable.

Yeah...adorable,

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
It was just 1.... The rest were redirections... I don't know how the Lightning ended up with that many in a game, but it happened. There were a few that Crow almost gave up, but still he should be back in the net for Game 3.

Fact of the matter is, that Tampa ice is bouncy and awful, and pucks were flying all over the place. Yes, it isn't and shouldn't be an excuse since both teams have to play on it. That said, though.... seriously, I can't wait til we get back to a normal ice surface in Chicago.

Where do you get this shit? The NHL takes over the arenas during the finals and they said the ice in Tampa is as good as any.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah...adorable,

Do you know how many times we've had people come into this forum talking about how great their team was after they grabbed a 1-0, 2-1, or 3-1 series lead on the Hawks, just to watch the Hawks put it all together and win the series?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really hope Crawford sobers up before tomorrow. Don't need him letting in anymore soft goals this series.

My bad Crow found my hidden supply of moonshine. If I wasn't such a big dumb ape I woukd hide it better.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Just went back and read through the Game 3 IGT from the 2013 Cup Final and laughed my ass off. Same shit that was said then is being said now.

The Hawks are gonna figure this one out. Still not worried about this team. Not by a longshot.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just went back and read through the Game 3 IGT from the 2013 Cup Final and laughed my ass off. Same shit that was said then is being said now.

The Hawks are gonna figure this one out. Still not worried about this team. Not by a longshot.

And if they don't?